Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

I think Origi fits between Edouard and Watkins.

Then you have Batshuayi.

Then I reckon it’s Watkins.....at least in terms of perceived class.

But you’re right, there are four very good STs out there (excluding Tammy for the moment).

Id even throw Iheancho in there if it didn’t mean we’d be giving Leicester the money to buy Edouard.

Agreed I’d take any of those 5-6 names and think they would improve our squad. And all gettable except maybe Tammy.

It would be a bit funny if our first signing was Aaron Hickey given that Celtic have apparently NOT made an offer 😉

*edit* Given that the academy player with three first names these days, Kaine Kesler Hayden, is on our pre-season, maybe we don’t need Hickey.

Edited by rayk

59 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd rather start the season with Chris Samba up top than with Daniel Sturridge.

Yet I said on a paid for performance..ie no risk.

yet you’d be prepared to have samatta? Or Davies the known goal scorer?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Agreed I’d take any of those 5-6 names and think they would improve our squad. And all gettable except maybe Tammy.

Yep and I reckon Iheanacho has the most scope for improvement but would be seen as a disappointing signing.

We haven't got one target and then if he doesn't sign the next target is someone that we don't really want but have to settle for, we will have list of players all of similar ability, and if they're of simiilar ability then they'd cost similar amounts of money, there might b

it's not like if 'plan a' is going to be a 'statement signng' but if that doesn't work then we'll sign someone that's not very good instead, that doesn't make sense, it follows that if your first choice is of a certain pedigree then if you miss out on that player you're going to try and sign an alternative player of similar pedigree.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

He will be injured 99% of the time and still command a spot in the 25 man squad we have to register. And even with a performance based contract he will not be playing for free.

His injury record that I posted in a previous post tells you all you need to know about him. He is finished. 

26 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

So in essence one of the tissues from the Rashica thread will be stronger? 😂

Let’s start Vassiev up top and let him run around for a few games.

I’m merely saying we need something/anything than what we currently have to start the season with.

Sturridges injury record isn’t really an issue if he’d only get paid if playing. I was using it as a quick fix to start the season in the event that we haven’t bought in a proper signing to start the season.

I love the idea of starting the season with a strike force that scored once since January.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

To be fair, what injury crocked player is going to agree to a pay as you play contract? Are these even a thing anymore? 

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I know what you mean Nick, there was a lot of stealth last year, but that was under Suso's tutelage who has since been ousted. Could be wrong, but I think the blokes we do sign will be more familiar to us this year.

I would’ve thought so too but all we have so far seems to be a bid for Rashica told by their side but no bids for Eduoard, Watkins, Benrhama, Origi...all we’ve heard is links but I take with a grain of salt because there has been no more substance to them as interest in Ramsdale, Trippier, McKennie or whoever.  

Part of me thinks that if we really wanted Watkins, why isn’t it done by now? Seems fairly straight forward deal.  We believe the kid likes us, worked with Smith before and the two clubs have dealt before and are friendly.  Maybe it’s because Brentford are getting in a player first....maybe!  There is a limit to that because Smith wants players in early and season starts in two weeks-ish.  Benrhama has been cold for weeks.  Rashica seems not to want to come to us.  Tammy is pure hope from us Villa fans but no links.  So only really Eduoard from the press on Sunday, in one link.

Part of me thinks these are the players we aren’t after now (assuming Rashica endeavour is over).  It’s crazy that I’m thinking that but there seems to be almost no substance to any of the links above.  We are gripping onto one link and chatting for hundreds of pages for a player with no updates.

Maybe there is no smoke without fire but it also wouldn’t surprise me if the players we did buy aren’t on those lists.

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

He will be injured 99% of the time and still command a spot in the 25 man squad we have to register. And even with a performance based contract he will not be playing for free.

His injury record that I posted in a previous post tells you all you need to know about him. He is finished. 

As stated...a quick fix that could prove useful. He’s obviously not my number one choice nor do I particularly want him. But he could defo do more than samatta and keinan

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

As stated...a quick fix that could prove useful. He’s obviously not my number one choice nor do I particularly want him. But he could defo do more than samatta and keinan

Agree to disagree then 👍

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I know... but at least half of all strikers in the world would be feasible. I would cast your net a bit wider than the lazy links in the press tbh. 

I said the whole world because you stated that  there was only one striker that could better Watkins, implying that no one else was available in the entire transfer market. It was a bit tongue in cheek as I know you were only referring to press linked players 😉

Could be wrong. But I think our striker will be one of the linked ones. I think shipping in a big fee unknown is off the agenda - for obvious reasons.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

We haven't got one target and then if he doesn't sign the next target is someone that we don't really want but have to settle for, we will have list of players all of similar ability, and if they're of simiilar ability then they'd cost similar amounts of money, there might b

it's not like if 'plan a' is going to be a 'statement signng' but if that doesn't work then we'll sign someone that's not very good instead, that doesn't make sense, it follows that if your first choice is of a certain pedigree then if you miss out on that player you're going to try and sign an alternative player of similar pedigree.

Of course they'll be a similar pedigree to an extent. But there will still be top targets. 

The club aren't putting multiple bids in and just signing whoever agrees first. There will be certain players they try to get before others. 

Thats just common sense. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Agree to disagree then 👍

Picture this. One on one with the keeper v Arsenal coming in from the left hand side, which one would you think has a chance of scoring? Sturridge or Davies.

West Ham ball across the box, who’s air kicking? Sturridge or Samatta.

my point is still I’d have more confidence in Sturridge scoring than what we CURRENTLY have.

• Like 1