Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

16 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Bournemouth basically have done a Coventry. Gambled the house on staying in the top flight. Players on large wages, Premier league money gone and the other issue is a stadium that only holds just over 11k, match day revenue money even in the premier league was a pittance. I can see them dropping like a lead weight through the leagues.

Possibly but they have got 60 mil for 2 players so far ( Ake /Ramsdale ) and looks like a decent return on Wilson and Brooks so with TV cash and rest of that league struggling with no fan income they might do ok.Alot will depend on the manager being any good , hard to know as it's his first job and many number 2's have gone on to be managers and not done that well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Anyone getting concerned?

I think if we go with what we have, it wouldn’t be the worst thing. Last few games showed they can actually play together and with a few coaching tweaks (bringing in Shakespeare for example) could add another dimension to our play. 

There’s being concerned, but then there is acknowledging what is actually going on which a lot of teams seem to be doing  - life as we knew it, is literally no more. 

It would be great if we could bring in another striker, but, hopefully Wesley comes back fighting. 

We have added some great young players though... some real talent there. 

Edited by Tayls

21 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not really concerned. More so frustrated and impatient. Given the expedited nature of this summer turn around before the new season you would think they would have things moving along quicker. But who knows, we could wake up tomorrow to a bunch of new signings. Seems like something that could happen during this weird time.

35 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Nope. If other teams were improving their squads and we did nothing then I would be. I think it's clear we are trying to sign players and find the right deals. No other teams have really done much yet.

• Like 4

I imagine transfers will happen quick and fast when they do. There’s clear plans in place. No need to panic and there’s no evidence of the squad being torn apart. It’s about building on what we have. I’m not worried. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I imagine transfers will happen quick and fast when they do. There’s clear plans in place. No need to panic and there’s no evidence of the squad being torn apart. It’s about building on what we have. I’m not worried. 

winning lionel messi GIF by Gatorade Football

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not even slightly. Very confident in who we have running the club. The two new men have only been here a couple of weeks. Do you really expect them to have compiled a list of targets, discussed them, negotiated with selling clubs and made a breakthrough, agreed a contract with the player and agreed agent fees in that time? All whilst most teams and players have been on holiday. That would be next to impossible. The longer it takes us, the more confident I am. It means targets are being discussed and well thought out and there's less chance of panic buys. I really think the people we have running the club mean business.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Not even slightly. Very confident in who we have running the club. The two new men have only been here a couple of weeks. Do you really expect them to have compiled a list of targets, discussed them, negotiated with selling clubs and made a breakthrough, agreed a contract with the player and agreed agent fees in that time? All whilst most teams and players have been on holiday. That would be next to impossible. The longer it takes us, the more confident I am. It means targets are being discussed and well thought out and there's less chance of panic buys. I really think the people we have running the club mean business.

Quite the opposite - I hoped the club would have existing plans to put to the new guys who supplement them with ideas of there own.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Do you really expect them to have compiled a list of targets, discussed them, negotiated with selling clubs and made a breakthrough, agreed a contract with the player and agreed agent fees in that time? All whilst most teams and players have been on holiday. That would be next to impossible.

I’ve done it within one day of taking over a club on football manager. It’s certainly possible. 🧐

• Haha 4