Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

I think I read somewhere that the players are back training today. 

I agree we need to get players in but I don't see many signings here in the next 2 weeks. Players and clubs are willing to wait and there isn't much we can do about that. 

I hope qe do see some new signings in the next 2 weeks.

Doesn't the new season start in 3 weeks???

53 minutes ago, rayk said:

I’m talking about League One, not the Championship. And I was specifically talking about the quality of defending in League Ome.

I don’t know but is £10m a record transfer for League One?

We did sign Delph from League One.

9 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I imagine we won't be alone in this problem due to the shorter summer shopping window not only applying to us. but yes, this is a frustrating fact.

Exactly, who has been busy signing players so far because I’ve seen very little transfers go through anywhere yet.

Its the most exceptional summer transfer window on record, shortened by the extension of last season and as things stand there are still no guarantees on when fans can return which means a knock on effect on revenue.

Theres a ton of ambiguity and yet people seem to think we’d have everything sown up within 2-3 weeks.

I get that people are desperate for some good news, for a distraction from the daily grind right now but try and use some semblance of common sense.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So has pre-season started yet?

Three weeks until our first game and yet we are going to struggle once again to integrate players, just like last season.

The way things are going I'm wondering if were actually going to sign anyone at all.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Exactly, who has been busy signing players so far because I’ve seen very little transfers go through anywhere yet.

Its the most exceptional summer transfer window on record, shortened by the extension of last season and as things stand there are still no guarantees on when fans can return which means a knock on effect on revenue.

Theres a ton of ambiguity and yet people seem to think we’d have everything sown up within 2-3 weeks.

I get that people are desperate for some good news, for a distraction from the daily grind right now but try and use some semblance of common sense.

season 1 episode 6 GIF

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I hope qe do see some new signings in the next 2 weeks.

Doesn't the new season start in 3 weeks???

Keeper and Striker are the only positions i'm concerned about.

Other than that our team is fine. We saw that post lockdown.

The most important thing is keeping Luiz and Jack

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Keeper and Striker are the only positions i'm concerned about.

Other than that our team is fine. We saw that post lockdown.

The most important thing is keeping Luiz and Jack

So are you happy with our wide players? (excluding Jack obviously)

For me that's just as critical as a striker

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They are good enough for survival

Are we only aiming survival? I’m sure we are aiming for higher than that. If we only sign a striker and GK it will be a bad transfer window.

• Like 1

I tend to agree with Villalad here, it is a must have to bridge the gap until Heaton and Wesley are back. Preferably a striker that pushes Wesley to the bench, but minimum someone to bridge the gap.

Don’t get me wrong, I would love an upgrade on wingers, defense etc, but this is more of a could have IMHO.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are we only aiming survival? I’m sure we are aiming for higher than that. If we only sign a striker and GK it will be a bad transfer window.

Yes we are aiming higher just like we did last season but staying up is still the most realistic target.

Mings is still prone to mistakes. Targett is still not great defensively. Guilbert still can't cross. Hourihane still isn't a consistent performer.

Just is too many holes in this team for us not to at least be in and around the bottom 5 this season.

Watkins and Benrahma would be great signings obviously but would they make the step up in quality? Maybe. Maybe not.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

The way things are going I'm wondering if were actually going to sign anyone at all.

It seems most players ended their vacation this week. Isn't it likely it's been dead silent for all clubs cause it's been a vacation period? I know it's a different situation this year due to covid, but you don't see a whole lot of signings the first 3 weeks after the season ends anyway. 

I'm more curious whether we will see Wesley and Heaton any time soon. It's been very quiet. 

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Three weeks until our first game and yet we are going to struggle once again to integrate players, just like last season.

Back in today 

12 hours ago, Rolta said:

Ha perhaps I hit a nerve 😉

I guess it's all a part of the discussion to be fair—if people quote every bit of newspaper news as if it's real other people are going to react and say, 'Don't believe the bullshit every single time and every single window.'

Perhaps you wanted to.

and the likes on your post are predictable.

Edited by TRO

35 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes we are aiming higher just like we did last season but staying up is still the most realistic target.

Mings is still prone to mistakes. Targett is still not great defensively. Guilbert still can't cross. Hourihane still isn't a consistent performer.

Just is too many holes in this team for us not to at least be in and around the bottom 5 this season.

Watkins and Benrahma would be great signings obviously but would they make the step up in quality? Maybe. Maybe not.

Well, no disrespect, but you haven’t been right in the past so here’s looking forward to mid table boredom.

I would suspect the anxiety from fans is borne out of our close encounter with the trap door, last season.

but sure the club will move at its own pace and we have no choice but to be patient.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

On the positive side we aren’t going to be integrating about 10 of them - more like 3 or 4 who can come in gradually in some cases. I want signings but actually we are in a way better position than last summer whatever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

They did that is true, but IMO, Burnley have a fairly definite ceiling with the type of football that they play. About 10th place and the odd foray in to Europe is about as far as it will go as it was with Stoke and Bolton before them. And the real problem is the footballers that play that type of football with that type of effectiveness nowadays are few and far between and usually are restricted to the few clubs that play that style. Therefore it has its cycle of success, like Stoke had, like Bolton had, and then the team requires either a massive rebuild as the players are getting on a bit, or fans get impatient with watching that style for too long and the club try to reach the next level by changing their style. This again leads to massive disruption as the players there aren't suited to a more "expansive style".

There are a lot more battles on the ground than in the air these days so I feel dynamic players that can win these battles in order to dominate the majority of teams are more important than setting up to deal with a team like Burnley. I'm not saying the aerial battles aren't important just that a more balanced approach is required.

Fair comments

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

On the positive side we aren’t going to be integrating about 10 of them - more like 3 or 4 who can come in gradually in some cases. I want signings but actually we are in a way better position than last summer whatever.

Add to this all of our current squad now have a years premier league experience under their belts. I'm not saying they'll suddenly turn in to world beaters, but some of our players should be much more prepared for what's to come now, so it's not like we're integrating new signings in to a team that has no clue what's about to hit it.

• Like 3