Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

On the positive side we aren’t going to be integrating about 10 of them - more like 3 or 4 who can come in gradually in some cases. I want signings but actually we are in a way better position than last summer whatever.

True. We played OK at the start of last season. The team itself is not that bad, but lack of depth was what almost sent us down.

12 hours ago, rayk said:

It was a joke because on the Rashica thread I got pummelled for daring to question whether he really wants to come.

Welcome to villa talk.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Chained ,then.

Yep who’s going to buy him for more than , Watkins or Iheanacho? It’s not far below Edouard.

they may as well give him lead boots because he isn’t getting away from them 

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Poor Callum Wilson just been valued by his club at 30 million 😂

they're taking the piss with their valuations. 40m for brooks and 28m for lloyd kelly i'm hearing. madness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So has pre-season started yet?

Three weeks until our first game and yet we are going to struggle once again to integrate players, just like last season.

Patience man. Window closes 5th Oct. Reinforcements are on the way.

Now that teams are getting back to business we will soon be seeing activity starting soon.

(Yes I know I am stating the obvious).

We have to accept that any club, reserves the right to put any valuation on their player they choose....if they don't want to sell, they will inflate it.

However they have to accept the consequences of that stance ,in relation to their player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

they're taking the piss with their valuations. 40m for brooks and 28m for lloyd kelly i'm hearing. madness.

I've heard rumours that they are in a complete financial mess after relegation and Covid hasn't helped. I imagine they're throwing out some pretty ridiculous transfer fees just to try get as much for the players that leave as possible. Although as people are suggesting it could have the opposite effect if they hold out for higher fees, they'll end up not selling anyone. 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Bit late for that TRO, he's been with us over 2 years. 

Bit of an obsession with our Transfer Window and Rashica forums I've noticed.

• It was tongue in cheek
  • The weather is crap.

9 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I've heard rumours that they are in a complete financial mess after relegation and Covid hasn't helped. I imagine they're throwing out some pretty ridiculous transfer fees just to try get as much for the players that leave as possible. Although as people are suggesting it could have the opposite effect if they hold out for higher fees, they'll end up not selling anyone. 

If they're in the sort of financial trouble people think they are it wouldn't surprise me at all if their players all start the season in the championship, before being sold closer to deadline day. The club is posturing, but if they're that desperate for cash I doubt Bournemouth would turn down lower offers closer to the deadline if the alternative was players burning a hole in their wage budget who don't want to be there.

They want £30m for Wilson today, someone like Levy will get him for £19m nearer the end of the window.

3 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Yep, their players will probably go later in the window, for a lot less than they're being touted now. 

Could so easily have been us..

7 minutes ago, skarroki said:

they've got a rich owner, but 85% of their premier league tv money went on wages. their wage bill is huge and they would hemorrhage money in the championship if they kept their players. they're not a shrewd operation...very few of the first team players had relegation wage cuts written into their contracts so they're all still being paid the big bucks and need to get them off their books.

put it this way, one of the options for season ticket holders for their missed game refunds was "Let the club keep the money". Not joking.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

On the positive side we aren’t going to be integrating about 10 of them - more like 3 or 4 who can come in gradually in some cases. I want signings but actually we are in a way better position than last summer whatever.

20 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Add to this all of our current squad now have a years premier league experience under their belts. I'm not saying they'll suddenly turn in to world beaters, but some of our players should be much more prepared for what's to come now, so it's not like we're integrating new signings in to a team that has no clue what's about to hit it.

100% these comments.
Our first priority must be safety, and we are in a much better position than...

Leeds - signed a few, and may have to buy Augustin for £18m, but they've lost Ben White, and so they need to spend big just to stand still, like us last year.

WBA - signed Pereria, but lost Diangana and Nathan Ferguson, so they're currently worse off than they were before. Austin is their main CF, and reports are that they have no money. 

Fulham - no real movements, but kept a reasonable squad together (Mitrovic, Cairney, Bryan, Mawson). But struggled to come up, and a rookie manager.

And possiblly Palace (if they lose Zaha), plus their squad is old.

We definitely need to strengthen, and I am sure we will at significant cost, but we generally signed youngers players, some are developing (Luiz, Konsa, Guilbert) and with the experience, we might already have enough to stay up.
So we need to get the right people in to make a step up, and overtake the likes of Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, Brighton, West Ham, and maybe Southampton and Sheffield United. Otherwise, were just spunking money up the wall.

As I've mentioned before, I think with this transfer window moving so slowly we should really try to sign some players at clubs around and above us who could improve our team but potentially surplus to requirements where they are. For example bringing in Heaton from Burnley last year.

3 examples I can think of currently:

A goalkeeper from Southampton as competition for Heaton, either Gunn, Forster or McCarthy. 1 of 3 play

A CB from Brighton, who currently have Dunk, White, Duffy, Webster and the new lad from Ajax. 2 of 5 play

West Ham have plenty of wide forwards, one of Yarmelenko, Fornals, Lanzini, Felipe Anderson, Bowen, Antonio, Snodgrass, Diangana. 3, maybe 4 of 8 play.

Many of the players listed would improve us and the likelihood is in this window it'll be difficult to offload surplus. I think these are the kind of clubs we need to target to get proven Prem players at a good price 

Edited by skarroki
I said 2 examples then immediately listed 3