Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

If we're signing anybody from Benfica it should be Carlos Vinicius.

And spunk a full 100 million on him. Good players from portugual tend to succeed in the prem but 100 mil is wayyyy too much for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Bit of a Carles Gil look about him. Think he'd get thrown around like a rag doll in the PL.

If he were 22 I'd be open to it, but he's already 26 and largely is who he is. To me this smells of an agent trying to stir up interest.

Edited by VillaHatesMe

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Those YouTube videos are a load of crap. It's edited to make them look class. Watched one last year on Nakamba he was bossing games for Vitesse and Brugge like Viera in the PL. 

Well of course they are that's media for you or people who create the videos, they make the videos in such a way that everyone is always a million times better than what they are. Videos are always designed to make the watcher feel they are seeing the best of everything, it's not rocket science is it. You can see in his game regardless of all that, that there is much better in his playing abilities than what we have here currently for Wingers.

Anyway I hope we give him a shot, I think he could be a problem for defences with his speed and hed be another player who keeps the ball long enough for others to breath a little because as it stands we only have Grealish who does that. 

If he's cheap enough then hes a buy for me, or would you rather stick with Ghazi, Trez and Jota because your crazy if you say that as he looks much better on his videos than they did on theres.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Ruben Dias is the big one isn't he? Ball playing CB, was talk of Wolves after him not so long ago.

Speaking of wolves I read that they are now listening to offers for Adama Traore..

Adama market price is around 31.5million, how much you reckon hes going to be sold for??

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Lyon are out of European competition for next season so I think we should target a few of their players. 

They have some brilliant talent on their books, amazing they finished 7th

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Speaking of wolves I read that they are now listening to offers for Adama Traore..

Adama market price is around 31.5million, how much you reckon hes going to be sold for??

Double that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

They have some brilliant talent on their books, amazing they finished 7th

I don't know how much higher they'd have finished, but if they'd finished the season I'd bet they'd have finished higher than 7th. Fourth is out of the question, but they were two points out of fifth. 

Anyone know anything about the Miranchuk twins? Looks like they are both attacking mids that can play in the middle or out wide. They looked pretty good in a few games that I saw highlights of. Not sure if they'd be realistic but according to TransferMarkt both of their contracts end in 2021 so who knows. 

Edited by Villaphan04
More Info

Evans wrote about Villa’s supposed interest in a goalkeeper today, but I thought this paragraph was the most interesting part of the story based on our conversations here. 

https://theathletic.com/2001585/2020/08/20/aston-villa-cillessen-watkins-transfer-window/?source=user_shared_article

The need for new attacking options is essential and Brentford’s Ollie Watkins is a player the club hope to sign. Schalke midfielder Weston McKennie is also on Villa’s radar. The 21-year-old USA international looks set for a move to the Premier League this summer and Villa are among the clubs interested. If they can also recruit a goalkeeper who improves the department and does not significantly eat into the budget then the money will be made available.

Edited by VillaHatesMe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

£70m has been mentioned. They won't sell cheaply, but unlike us they have shown that they are still a selling club.  

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Evans wrote about Villa’s supposed interest in a goalkeeper today, but I thought this paragraph was the most interesting part of the story based on our conversations here. 

https://theathletic.com/2001585/2020/08/20/aston-villa-cillessen-watkins-transfer-window/?source=user_shared_article

I was just about so suggest Cillesen, seems there is a fire sale at Valencia...