Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

If Manure are looking to loan out Henderson again I'd be all over that, even if it was without any clauses to buy. Would land us a solid keeper without having to spend money we need in other areas. Let Sheff U buy Ramsdale for £20m.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Doesn't Bournemouth's player wage bill take up something like 65% of their revenue? That, plus the £40m+ they spent on Solanke and Ibe, is probably why they are trying to sell players for 3 times their actual worth. 

well considering how much football he had played and his injury record we got royally b*mmed over Mings. Just fortunate that he's 'mostly' been worth the money paid or at least showed he is at that level by the England call ups even if he still needs improvement!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Add to this all of our current squad now have a years premier league experience under their belts. I'm not saying they'll suddenly turn in to world beaters, but some of our players should be much more prepared for what's to come now, so it's not like we're integrating new signings in to a team that has no clue what's about to hit it.

Very true. I'd say especially for those you could see had something about them, i.e. Luiz, Guilbert, Konsa, Nakamba. I'm less sure about Wesley, Trez, AEG, Hause. I think there's an argument here that they may not have the quality to build upon. Some people will claim Wesley does, and I'll accept that may be true, even if it goes against my gut feeling. Our wingers on the other hand I just can't see it. Both Trez and AEG looked so far out of their depth at times it's funny. Trez still looks more like a striker to me than a winger.  

• Like 1

Weren't we linked to Luyindama again in the last few weeks? Was in the barbers yesterday and asked the Turkish Galatasaray fans who run it what they thought of him. Both say he's outstanding, apparently struggled a bit with injury this season but they wouldn't want to sell him under any circumstances. 

Bit of a random post but I don't think a new CB is out of the question, and we seem to be going back in for some players we've been linked with in previous windows.  

37 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Problem is a lot of the PL clubs overprice their players even the fringe players.. I’m all for it but you try signing a centre back from a PL club they’ll point to the Mings fee and demand the same even for a player that won’t play as much. 

That's why "PL experience" is such a junk phrase

7 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Ramsdale having medical at Sheff United according to SSN.

Shock horror. The Blades youth academy GK that didn't want to leave re-signing with the Blades. Was always going to happen

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

100% these comments.
Our first priority must be safety, and we are in a much better position than...

Leeds - signed a few, and may have to buy Augustin for £18m, but they've lost Ben White, and so they need to spend big just to stand still, like us last year.

WBA - signed Pereria, but lost Diangana and Nathan Ferguson, so they're currently worse off than they were before. Austin is their main CF, and reports are that they have no money. 

Fulham - no real movements, but kept a reasonable squad together (Mitrovic, Cairney, Bryan, Mawson). But struggled to come up, and a rookie manager.

And possiblly Palace (if they lose Zaha), plus their squad is old.

We definitely need to strengthen, and I am sure we will at significant cost, but we generally signed youngers players, some are developing (Luiz, Konsa, Guilbert) and with the experience, we might already have enough to stay up.
So we need to get the right people in to make a step up, and overtake the likes of Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, Brighton, West Ham, and maybe Southampton and Sheffield United. Otherwise, were just spunking money up the wall.

Leeds will be fine. Their squad is half decent and they have an excellent manager. Likewise with Palace. WBA will struggle if they don't strengthen, but Fulham will grind out results, although will be around relegation zone most of the season. I think Brighton may struggle this year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Leeds will be fine. Their squad is half decent and they have an excellent manager. Likewise with Palace. WBA will struggle if they don't strengthen, but Fulham will grind out results, although will be around relegation zone most of the season. I think Brighton may struggle this year. 

palace are being linked with players but if they dont strengthen AND lose zaha, they'll be in trouble. one of the worst teams post lockdown

i'm saying sheff utd will be like a huddersfield too. they were also poor post lockdown. can see them being right down there

leeds wont be going anywhere for a while. they'll make sure of that :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I'm not sure about Leeds being fine. Bielsa is probably their biggest asset, but there is a lot of unproven players there who aren't kids anymore, and if a lot of them don't step up, they really could struggle.
At least we had Jack to build a team around, plus the like of McGinn and Mings; they have Philips. And Bamford!
They play a high energy game, and the season before last they just crashed; teams like Liverpool and Man City could run them into the ground, and without serious quality additions, they really could struggle. They've spent a load on Costa, and missed out on White, so they've gone backwards so far.

Brighton have a good manager, and have already started recruiting well. We have to catch them up as things stand.

• Like 3

There are some decent sized fish out there and we need to reel in at least four of them. We seem a little too content to play a waiting game for my liking (see Jack below). I do hope that we have the right bait and enough of it, on our line and that one or two of our targets will bite very shortly! 

Jack Charlton grabs a quick snooze whislt enjoying an afternoon ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Shock horror. The Blades youth academy GK that didn't want to leave re-signing with the Blades. Was always going to happen

Let’s also remember here that Sheff United after a couple of good seasons are shouted about as a brilliantly run team. Here they are signing a player for £20m after letting him go for peanuts. This is usually the sort of sign of the wheels coming off with a team that’s been overachieving.

It feels like the English clubs always hold out for high transfer fees and sell later in the window as on the whole most clubs at the upper end of the pyramid are not desperate for the revenue due to the influence of TV money. I think we will probably see a few players coming in from abroad before the start of the season with a few domestic buys coming later once the window starts to wind down and all the posturing about transfer fees ends to get sales over the line.  

We really have no idea what our targets are. 

I'm getting a tad nervous that it's now 3 weeks till the season starts. I hope we don't lose too many points at the start of the season otherwise were under pressure from the off. 

I'll probably cry if I see our team sheet on the opening game and I see Samatta and Trez in the starting eleven. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

If Manure are looking to loan out Henderson again I'd be all over that, even if it was without any clauses to buy. Would land us a solid keeper without having to spend money we need in other areas. Let Sheff U buy Ramsdale for £20m.

I'm hesitant due to the fact that might see it as an opportunity to follow up on Grealish, but ignoring that getting him on loan with a future option to buy must be a good deal. If we can't get an option to buy I'd be less interested. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

We really have no idea what our targets are. 

I'm getting a tad nervous that it's now 3 weeks till the season starts. I hope we don't lose too many points at the start of the season otherwise were under pressure from the off. 

I'll probably cry if I see our team sheet on the opening game and I see Samatta and Trez in the starting eleven. 

I wouldn't get too worked up though, I know we need reinforcements but we moved fast to get a new data guru sporting director and a new head of recruitment. That would suggest we're taking this summer very seriously and working hard to make sure our recruitment is better this time around. Purslow seems to manage to keep his dealings well out of the papers so we need to chill out and wait for some ITSOTP action. 

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm hesitant due to the fact that might see it as an opportunity to follow up on Grealish, but ignoring that getting him on loan with a future option to buy must be a good deal. If we can't get an option to buy I'd be less interested. 

I don't care about option to buy in this case, would be something silly like £40m-£50m anyway. Manure will not want to sell unless they can get maybe Oblak in. GK is a special position and if we can get a really solid keeper in this season we can focus on other things and make it a priority for next season when Heaton is likely finished anyway.

Don't think it matters much in the Grealish scheme. 

18 minutes ago, John said:

There are some decent sized fish out there and we need to reel in at least four of them. We seem a little too content to play a waiting game for my liking (see Jack below). I do hope that we have the right bait and enough of it, on our line and that one or two of our targets will bite very shortly! 

Jack Charlton grabs a quick snooze whislt enjoying an afternoon ...

Hear! Hear!

• Thanks 1