Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

OK Fair enough, but you would think they would want to show a winger doing what wingers do ie crossing the ball in to provide chances!!!

Just posted a reply with video, you should see some of his passing and crossing which I still say it's much better than what we have on our wings.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Just posted a reply with video, you should see some of his passing and crossing which I still say it's much better than what we have on our wings.

Well that's better then. Haven't seen it but much happier now if that's the case Thank you

3 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

What seems clear from that video is that Cervi would at least give us a winger who will take on a defender and has the skills to not lose it immediately every time he tries.   What I didn't see any indication of is his passing ability and decision making.  So many of our promising counter attacks broke down because Trez and AEG would make terrible decisions and/or terrible passes.  Given that we generally have less of the ball than our opponents and can expect this to be the case again this season, I think the most important characteristic in any wide players we sign is the ability to make a positive contribution to counters.  Dribbling skills will contribute to that, but not as much as knowing which pass to make, when to make it, and completing it successfully.

To be fair when Trez or El Ghazi had someone moving ahead of them or overlapping they actually played a bit better, El Ghazi in particular seemed to lose a bit of confidence when he didn't have Guilbert overlapping or Grealish near. Even if either of them did get forward there was never a striker ahead of them worth passing or crossing to (most of the time). Trez never stops trying and makes a lot of mistakes but gives everything, El Ghazi is a confidence player and fades too easily. Neither should be nailed on starters but they hopefully will improve.

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Well that's better then. Haven't seen it but much happier now if that's the case Thank you

Much of the video is not as clear as I'd of liked dont know why it looks to be much phone camera footage. Will see if I can find a much better one of his passing and crosses.

5 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Yep, it's happened before to many a club, none more famously than when these two pirates ran another South Coast car crash...

Harry Redknapp: Olimpija Ljubljana drop interest in manager - BBC ...

I remember saying when they started signing players that we couldn't afford that it would all end in tears.  It was always going to be a disaster. 

I mean they paid £11m for Peter Crouch in 2008. PORTSMOUTH. Mental. 

13 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Lyon are out of European competition for next season so I think we should target a few of their players. 

Their best ones will cost 60-80m and will be joining some of the best clubs in europe when they moved (Dembele,Aouar)

That said I noticed Joachim Andersson has been on the bench quite a bit recently, one of our nordic based fans but that looks a player we could make a move. CB who's 24 and did well for Sampdoria and Lyon signed him for over 20m but looks like he hasn't met expectations. 1 cap for Denmark so think he'd fit our remit of new signings quite well e.g. under 25, point to prove, could adapt to english football quickly etc.

Edit: According to Wiki only Brozovic in 18/19 serie a season had more accurate long range passes so technically pretty good.

Edited by VillaChris

In this video I get the sense that Cervi draws alot of fouls and plays a similar way to Grealish but he is just as quick at accelerating. Because he can play attacking midfield as well as left midfield or left winger it would allow us to switch both Cervi and Grealish throughout a game if we needed to.

Out of all the signings I hope this one along with watkins come true, we would then have plenty of money left to sign a right winger a midfielder and a CB, possibly a keeper as well.

25 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

What seems clear from the first video is that Cervi would at least give us a winger who will take on a defender and has the skills to not lose it immediately every time he tries.   What I didn't see any indication of is his passing ability and decision making.  So many of our promising counter attacks broke down because Trez and AEG would make terrible decisions and/or terrible passes.  Given that we generally have less of the ball than our opponents and can expect this to be the case again this season, I think the most important characteristic in any wide players we sign is the ability to make a positive contribution to counters.  Dribbling skills will contribute to that, but not as much as knowing which pass to make, when to make it, and completing it successfully.

I think one thing I noticed in the videos is that Cervi can hold onto the ball and take on a couple of players and keep hold of the ball, obviously that wont be the case everytime but it's a positive. Other things I notice is that Cervi can clearly draw fouls, draw players and very much like Grealish if they let him play can be a menace to defences because they use the dirty tactic and take him down rather than let him play. His crossing can be worked on just like other aspects of his game but his crossing in general looked fair, neither excellent nor dreadful. What I did like the look of is how he was in attacking midfield and how he picks players through very tight bottlenecks and manages to cross bang on from flank to flank.

What's he priced at?? For a 26 year old at around 8 to 10 mill, I would certainly go for him with what I've seen, still has time to get abit better and has resell value as well.

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't think Mallory Edens wears any other form of clothing so it will have to be. 

Both Mallory and Madison Eden are both like that.

Or should I say Edan Sam 😋

20200819_225831.jpg

Edited by Dave-R

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Im starting to think wednesdays aren't magical anymore. Transfer thursday? Free for all friday? Signing saturday? Somewhat melancholy sunday...

happy days stories GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Those YouTube videos are a load of crap. It's edited to make them look class. Watched one last year on Nakamba he was bossing games for Vitesse and Brugge like Viera in the PL. 

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Franco Cervi would be an excellent signing in that it will give VT somebody to complain about next summer when posting "we need to sign quality players, not squad filler like Cervi."

For context, Cervi ranked 73rd in Portugal last year in non-penalty goals per 90 at 0.11 and 93rd in the league in non-penalty goals plus assists per 90.

He's not even a good player in Portugal!