Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

We really have no idea what our targets are. 

I'm getting a tad nervous that it's now 3 weeks till the season starts. I hope we don't lose too many points at the start of the season otherwise were under pressure from the off. 

I'll probably cry if I see our team sheet on the opening game and I see Samatta and Trez in the starting eleven. 

I think this season's transfer window is going to be a "one off" - with covid, the late finish to the season, still no details of when crowds will be allowed into the stadiums...

My guess is much of the business will still need to be done by the time the season kicks off.

1 minute ago, Knutserov13 said:

Ryan Sessegnon, loan with option to buy? Doesnt seem like Mourinho rates him?

They paid a lot of money for him and he hasn’t really done much for them. He was brilliant for Fulham, although it was in The Championship. I doubt they would let him go even on loan, good suggestion though Knutserov13

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They paid a lot of money for him and he hasn’t really done much for them. He was brilliant for Fulham, although it was in The Championship. I doubt they would let him go even on loan, good suggestion though Knutserov13

He was injured a lot of last season?

Mourinho is not know for promoting the yoof so it might be worth asking to see if his available for loan.

18 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Ryan Sessegnon, loan with option to buy? Doesnt seem like Mourinho rates him?

These are the kind of transfers we need to avoid. Overhyped championship fodder. In his breakthrough season he received praise, but only achieved a modest stats rating of 7.04. Unsurprisingly he struggled in the PL, as the players who tend to carry their championship form into the PL are the ones who were achieving ratings of 7.20+. 

Although this is only a rudimentary guide and are other things to consider, it is a bit of a warning sign. Personally I would be concerned about bringing in a championship player who didn't have the stats to back up the hype. Anyone going into the first team needs to hit the ground running, so players with potential are not going to help us kick on next season. 

11 minutes ago, imavillan said:

If the signing of Ben Chrisene is anything to go by we won't have any idea who we are signing until it is announced.

exactly. we're so good at keeping cards close to our chest. didn't even get a sniff about the wesley deal until hours before it was announced. i'm personally not panicking

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Mourinho is not know for promoting the yoof so it might be worth asking to see if his available for loan.

Was he injured? I didn’t know that, they paid £25m for him, so I doubt they’d let him go even on loan 

32 minutes ago, imavillan said:

If the signing of Ben Chrisene is anything to go by we won't have any idea who we are signing until it is announced.

It was pretty much confirmed by a local paper in Devon about 2 weeks ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

ah...missed that 😳

It's not as if it's been an ongoing daily soap in the papers, I just remember seeing his name linked to Villa a few weeks back and read that he might be heading here,

14 minutes ago, sne said:

It's not as if it's been an ongoing daily soap in the papers, I just remember seeing his name linked to Villa a few weeks back and read that he might be heading here,

6 or 7 publications ran with the story, it broke around 4th August. 

Was hardly hush hush. 

Bournemouth basically have done a Coventry. Gambled the house on staying in the top flight. Players on large wages, Premier league money gone and the other issue is a stadium that only holds just over 11k, match day revenue money even in the premier league was a pittance. I can see them dropping like a lead weight through the leagues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Great to see Vter’s having a few drinks.

14 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Bournemouth basically have done a Coventry. Gambled the house on staying in the top flight. Players on large wages, Premier league money gone and the other issue is a stadium that only holds just over 11k, match day revenue money even in the premier league was a pittance. I can see them dropping like a lead weight through the leagues.

Yep, it's happened before to many a club, none more famously than when these two pirates ran another South Coast car crash...

Harry Redknapp: Olimpija Ljubljana drop interest in manager - BBC ...

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1