Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I like the fact we are being linked with ball carrying midfielders.  /kennethwilliamsgif

Regardless of whether we get Cervi or whoever its clear we are looking for technically skilled players. I like that. Gives me confidence in how we will play next season.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

8 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I like the fact we are being linked with ball carrying midfielders.  /kennethwilliamsgif

Regardless of whether we get Cervi or whoever its clear we are looking for technically skilled players. I like that. Gives me confidence in how we will play next season.

I think Cervi would be a clear upgrade on what we have and if we pay around 8 to 10 mill it would be cheaper than the Rashica signing by alot. Fair enough some people think Cervi is average but like any signings really its all risk at the end of the day but he is fast and has skills which we need with our Wingers. Seems to have good positioning,  very good turn speed and good crossing to from the videos on YouTube as well, to me this signing makes as much sense as the other wingers we have seen in the media. 

He may not be brilliant but he should certainly be an improvement over the likes of Trezegeut and certainly Ghazi and Jota.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think Cervi would be a clear upgrade on what we have and if we pay around 8 to 10 mill it would be cheaper than the Rashica signing by alot. Fair enough some people think Cervi is average but like any signings really its all risk at the end of the day but he is fast and has skills which we need with our Wingers. Seems to have good positioning,  very good turn speed and good crossing to from the videos on YouTube as well, to me this signing makes as much sense as the other wingers we have seen in the media. 

He may not be brilliant but he should certainly be an improvement over the likes of Trezegeut and certainly Ghazi and Jota.

Being a bit of an upgrade isn’t good enough our move from where we are now is either mid table or safe a month before the end of the season. We need more quality on the wide forward areas to stop the ball coming back too quickly, to have options other than jack which is easily defend against, some pace and of course to add goals to the team.

2 quality players in that area is the be all and end all before other positions are looked at if we don’t have the money available for whatever reason this summer 

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Add to this all of our current squad now have a years premier league experience under their belts. I'm not saying they'll suddenly turn in to world beaters, but some of our players should be much more prepared for what's to come now, so it's not like we're integrating new signings in to a team that has no clue what's about to hit it.

Luiz will certainly be good next season. Konsa looked to be coming on in the run in. I think it's dangerous to assume everyone else will just magically improve though.

I remember the same was being said at end of first Lambert season and we still had the same old flaws from Bennett, Westwood, El-Ahmadi, Baker, Clark etc the next season. Even Weimann who had an excellent 12-13 regressed a fair bit the following season.

Time won't just improve everyone. Hourihane is probably our best squad player and we know he has plenty of flaws as a starter. Once injuries and suspensions bite him and Hause will be starting 20 + games again if we don't strengthen enough.

• Like 1

Nicolas Gonzales from Stuggart is a younger and better Argentine international left winger who is available and linked with Brighton. 22 YO with 14 goals in 27 games as Stuttgart got promoted. We should try and hijack it and call in a favour from Der Hämmer and swoop in. Available for a reported £15mill and can play as a striker as well... 

Edited by thabucks

Tenuous  link to Florian Thauvin 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/florian-thauvin-leicester-villa-newcastle-4440715

Thauvin is apparently a target for Italian club Atalanta but are said to be unwilling to pay the 15 million euro (£13.5m) asking price.

Tutto Mercato Web reports that Leicester and Premier League rivals Aston Villa have both made an approach, too

Edited by thabucks
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looks like your old fashioned short pacy winger. We do need some pace in the team.

Dont know why people are saying no to him to be fair he looks much better than what we currently have Vive.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Not one cross in that lot!!!!

There are more than just this one video.

Edited by Dave-R

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Thauvin has improved tenfold since he was at Newcastle, and would literally be the best player possible who would consider potentially joining us currently! Sadly the link originates from Tutto Mercato which is basically The Sun in Italy. £13.5m would be absolute daylight robbery

Edited by Mat Kendrick's Dentist

What seems clear from the first video is that Cervi would at least give us a winger who will take on a defender and has the skills to not lose it immediately every time he tries.   What I didn't see any indication of is his passing ability and decision making.  So many of our promising counter attacks broke down because Trez and AEG would make terrible decisions and/or terrible passes.  Given that we generally have less of the ball than our opponents and can expect this to be the case again this season, I think the most important characteristic in any wide players we sign is the ability to make a positive contribution to counters.  Dribbling skills will contribute to that, but not as much as knowing which pass to make, when to make it, and completing it successfully.

Edited by il_serpente
clarifying reference
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, il_serpente said:

What seems clear from that video is that Cervi would at least give us a winger who will take on a defender and has the skills to not lose it immediately every time he tries.   What I didn't see any indication of is his passing ability and decision making.  So many of our promising counter attacks broke down because Trez and AEG would make terrible decisions and/or terrible passes.  Given that we generally have less of the ball than our opponents and can expect this to be the case again this season, I think the most important characteristic in any wide players we sign is the ability to make a positive contribution to counters.  Dribbling skills will contribute to that, but not as much as knowing which pass to make, when to make it, and completing it successfully.