Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Not even slightly. Very confident in who we have running the club. The two new men have only been here a couple of weeks. Do you really expect them to have compiled a list of targets, discussed them, negotiated with selling clubs and made a breakthrough, agreed a contract with the player and agreed agent fees in that time? All whilst most teams and players have been on holiday. That would be next to impossible. The longer it takes us, the more confident I am. It means targets are being discussed and well thought out and there's less chance of panic buys. I really think the people we have running the club mean business.

I expect eight signings in one day, a two hour show announcing those signings all one after another with the Edan sisters as hosts in the new kit doing interviews.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Not even slightly. Very confident in who we have running the club. The two new men have only been here a couple of weeks. Do you really expect them to have compiled a list of targets, discussed them, negotiated with selling clubs and made a breakthrough, agreed a contract with the player and agreed agent fees in that time? All whilst most teams and players have been on holiday. That would be next to impossible. The longer it takes us, the more confident I am. It means targets are being discussed and well thought out and there's less chance of panic buys. I really think the people we have running the club mean business.

I expect eight signings in one day, a two hour show announcing those signings all one after another with the Edan sisters as hosts in the new kit doing interviews.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Is the misspelling of our co-owners surname the new Ciaran Clarke

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Quite the opposite - I hoped the club would have existing plans to put to the new guys who supplement them with ideas of there own.

It takes time to discuss targets. Football is a different game now. Every single aspect of a player is analysed. That's why clubs have dedicated data analysts now. Then once the targets have been agreed and prioritised, the negotiations start. This takes time. You're negotiating with clubs who likely don't want to sell so they can play hard ball or need to find replacements for the player being sold. Then there's the fact that everyone has been only holiday for the last 3 weeks or so. Just like every June (the first 3 weeks of the transfet window) is usually quiet. This is when players are on holiday so deals always get held up. Then of course, COVID. This is a complete one off transfer windows. Precedent is out of the window. Teams are being ultra critical in the signings they make and rightly so. Surely every business worldwide is being extra careful. All in all, there was no way in a million years we'd have signed our top targets by now and expecting us to is quite frankly ridiculous and impatient.

12 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It takes time to discuss targets. Football is a different game now. Every single aspect of a player is analysed. That's why clubs have dedicated data analysts now. Then once the targets have been agreed and prioritised, the negotiations start. This takes time. You're negotiating with clubs who likely don't want to sell so they can play hard ball or need to find replacements for the player being sold. Then there's the fact that everyone has been only holiday for the last 3 weeks or so. Just like every June (the first 3 weeks of the transfet window) is usually quiet. This is when players are on holiday so deals always get held up. Then of course, COVID. This is a complete one off transfer windows. Precedent is out of the window. Teams are being ultra critical in the signings they make and rightly so. Surely every business worldwide is being extra careful. All in all, there was no way in a million years we'd have signed our top targets by now and expecting us to is quite frankly ridiculous and impatient.

Im not disagreeing. Im just saying that existing VP staff Smith, Purslow , and maybe susso before he left - had some idea of the close seasons targets. I don't believe the new guys walked into a situation where we had no idea of the players we wanted.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE

The first ones a lie.

Just for you Sam I will start off the Edan trend and see how many times I can fit Edan into peoples conversations 🤣

Edited by Dave-R

29 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

The interesting thing is that it feels like almost all the non top 6 sides are being linked to the same players. Watkins, Benrahma, Ramsdale, Eze, etc. 

That's because the dying newspaper industry has no contacts or leads with premier league clubs so they just make it all up.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently he is bang average which is why we don’t talk about him.

Plays left midfield, left winger and attacking midfield, wonder what Benifica fans think of him.