Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yep, people on here don't give Wesley enough credit...

Well, based on goals to games..you are right we don't.

thing is you need a striker with a goal every 2.5 to 3 games at least....to make a real difference.

as an example with Leicester Vardy is a goal every 2.38 games.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Joe Hart is only 33 years old, for me, Joe Hart is a better keeper than Reina now, do you disagree Okonokos?

Joe Hart has always been overrated and shit. There is a reason he didn't get a game this season. He is probably of a similar quality to reina except he nearly makes as many mistakes as Nyland without Nyland's actual goalkeeping ability. 

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Joe Hart has always been overrated and shit. There is a reason he didn't get a game this season. He is probably of a similar quality to reina except he nearly makes as many mistakes as Nyland without Nyland's actual goalkeeping ability. 

Even when he was at Man City?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

You didn’t prove me wrong, you offered your opinion which I don’t agree with and frankly I’m not interested in as I’ve told you. Posts like the above are part of the reason why.

Opinion anchored in statistics. Feel free to point out where it's incorrect. Not agreeing with numbers supplied by the league is rather funny, but each to their own. 

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Adam idah at Norwich , throw them Hogan???

Promising young player.  Norwich have a few of those don’t they.  He’ll probably get more games playing in the Championship next season, as can’t see him being a starter for us.  Good suggestion though and good young talent like this should be monitored. 

On 31/07/2020 at 20:47, LxYoungAVFC said:

Morelos or Édouard, who is better and more importantly who would fit in to our team better,

I'd be happy with both as they both score lots lo goals. 

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

Wes is :

Aston Villa - a goal in 3.66 games

overall Career - a goal in 3.36 games

so no Wes ratio is very slightly better, than both of them.

It depends how much store you want to put in to goal to game ratio's.......I guess in the cold light of day, it means quite a bit.

I heanacho with Leicester :

2017-18....28 games 8 goals

2018-19....35 games 2 goals

2019-20 26 games 10 goals

Total     89 games 20 goals  = a goal every 4.45 games......worse than Wes's hit rate.

are we proposing to do what we have done so many times before, signing worse that what we have already?

PS i guess the only caveat  to consider is though.....is the games full games or cameo's/subs.

I agree totally, plus although hard to do, is weighting of team they are in.  Both Origi and Iheanacho are in top teams, Wes was in a poor team.  I just don’t want to sign somebody for the sake of it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Opinion anchored in statistics. Feel free to point out where it's incorrect. Not agreeing with numbers supplied by the league is rather funny, but each to their own. 

Which bit of not interested are you struggling with?

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree totally, plus although hard to do, is weighting of team they are in.  Both Origi and Iheanacho are in top teams, Wes was in a poor team.  I just don’t want to sign somebody for the sake of it.

Guess one can also factor in minutes played when looking at it. Wes started every league game for us until the injury and played 90 mins in almost all of them.

Iheanacho and Origi were used a lot as subs so games played is a bit misleading or at least needs context. Wesley averaged 85 minutes per game, Iheanacho 48 mins and Origi 27 mins.

Wes averages a goal every 358th minute, Iheanacho 1 every 193rd minute and Origi 1 every 186th minute this season.

All according to Sofascore.com 

• Thanks 2

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Which bit of not interested are you struggling with?

If the response bothers you I suggest you stop calling use of facts opinions then. Especially when you are actually the one ignoring the actual numbers and fabricate an alternative reality with zero use of actual data. 

But it's okey. I'd rather crack open some ardbeg then continue this rubbish. 

Alan Nixon on Twitter (I know many don’t believe a word he says, but the rumours are a bit thin atm), has said that QPR are after an amount ‘in the 20 range’ for Eze, and that no club has bid near it yet.

I know, I know.. Twitter/Nixon/Sun, file under BS etc etc, but with rumours today saying Palace put in a £12m bid for him, I hope we’re looking at that and just stumping up what QPR want.... within reason.

We seem to be in quite a good place right now, financially. Money to burn, a squad of players likely on very low Prem wages, room to offer what we need to.

£20m doesn’t seem extortionate for Eze, to me. When you consider that Spurs paid £25m for Sessegnon a few seasons ago, who was only rated slightly higher than Eze, IIRC.

• Like 1