Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

25 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

This is my view.

Hendrick isn’t a flash player, but I’ve always thought he was a fairly reliable and versatile workhorse. At 28 he’s now in his prime, and I think there would be some games where you’d rather bring him on over Lansbury, Nakamba or Hourihane.

If signing him as a CM option meant we could spend £20-40m on each of a new front 3 then I’d be all for it.

Remember how crap Westwood was for us ? And he was shocking. Dyche has an innate ability at making that team greater than the sum of of its parts. I'm Irish. I've watched Hendrick, not out of choice. He's a nothing player. Like Westwood, he works in a very efficient system.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Good call but I doubt they’d want to sell him at any price. 

Sure, but it's Mike Ashley were dealing with and it's a chance for him to more than double his money.

Wouldn't harm in testing their resolve. Plus, we have a good history when it comes to signing wingers from Newcastle.     ;)

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

That’s the thing that I see with free agents, which other people seem to overlook. Big wages, big signing on fee and big agent fee. 

As a case in point Max Meyer is on a reported £170,000 a week. Also a cautionary tales for those wanting sexy Eurotrash. We need individual quality, but also a part to add to the sum total; tactically, physically and mentally as well as technically. 

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

As a case in point Max Meyer is on a reported £170,000 a week. Also a cautionary tales for those wanting sexy Eurotrash. We need individual quality, but also a part to add to the sum total; tactically, physically and mentally as well as technically. 

oh, was a great show though........

Avoid The Office GIF

• Haha 4

Fat Frank wants to offload Kante. Get JT to pursuade him to return to the midlands and he can offer to keep an eye on his Mrs whilst he’s on international duty.  

I don’t buy into this “you only sign first team players” idea. Even the Man City and Real Madrid’s of this world buy players to better what they have in *any* position.

As long as the price is right (and the player!), then it’s not a bad thing to improve first team players or squad players. 

Our aim this summer is to presumably improve on all of our front 3, and probably a centreback (and a Grealish replacement, if he goes). As long as any cheaper ‘improvement on squad option’ signings don’t effect those vital signings that we’re already planning to make, then I don’t see why we can’t improve elsewhere also. That’s what many clubs that have become way more established than us have been doing for years.

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Really good young player.

Norwich are far too smart to even consider Hogan.

He almost relegated us with his miss of that sitter against Watford. Just for that, no 🙅‍♂️

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jim said:

Fat Frank wants to offload Kante. Get JT to pursuade him to return to the midlands and he can offer to keep an eye on his Mrs whilst he’s on international duty.  

Obviously not going to happen but that would be an awesome signing 

• Like 1

On 02/08/2020 at 18:54, alreadyexists said:

Regarding Origi, to be fair to him he’s often been a sub and not a regular starter in the PL. 

He’s scored a goal every 168 minutes, on average, so just a bit less that once every two games in the PL... I don’t think that’s too bad is it? If he kept that up and scored around 12-15 goals a season, I would be very happy. 

Well pointed out, Alan. 🙂  I agree, I'd like us to get Origi because of these facts. And to score in the CL semi-final and final, as a sub, is pretty impressive. Cracking goal too, that one in the final. I can't remember what the semi-final goal was like.

Edited by robby b

Fraser - Belotti - Deulofeu

Grealish - McGinn

Douglas Luis

Targett - Mings - Stones - Guilbert

Heaton

If some of the speculation that I like were to materialise

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, deeps said:

Along with Tammy, we need to let this Tuanzebe love in go (not that I don’t rate him, mind). United will not let him go. 

He was such a wally signing that new contract. Was so clear he wasn't going to play.

What was he thinking?! Genuinely does concern me a bit about what he wants from the game. 

I certainly don't think he's better than Konsa to the degree we should be spending much money on him, if he's even better at all. I think Konsa has edged ahead now to be honest. Axel had an issue with long balls which won't have improved with him not playing for a year.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I don’t buy into this “you only sign first team players” idea. Even the Man City and Real Madrid’s of this world buy players to better what they have in *any* position.

As long as the price is right (and the player!), then it’s not a bad thing to improve first team players or squad players. 

Our aim this summer is to presumably improve on all of our front 3, and probably a centreback (and a Grealish replacement, if he goes). As long as any cheaper ‘improvement on squad option’ signings don’t effect those vital signings that we’re already planning to make, then I don’t see why we can’t improve elsewhere also. That’s what many clubs that have become way more established than us have been doing for years.

Because we don't have the money that Man City have. We probably don't have enough to buy the quality players we need.