Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’m not doubting you, we need a few more characters in the dressing room, we’re too nice. I’d take him here 

People refusing to try arent characters anybody wants 🙄

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

People refusing to try arent characters anybody wants 🙄

Skarroki and I want him, I think he’d be good for us and he wouldn’t cost the Earth either. In fact, he’s a free agent, it’s a no brainer for me 

4 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

I wouldn’t mind if we took a punt on Joe Lolley...

An improvement on Lansbury and Nakamba... Villa fan... Pretty nifty little player... Still got some years in him...

How much do you reckon it would cost to convince Forest to sell him and what would your opinions be about signing him?

Would cost loads. Not as good as Trez or AEG. Please no.

We need to sign players who are going to improve the first 11. The players dropping out then become the squad players, plus any youngsters coming through. Clubs in our position do not buy squad players if they want to improve.

That was always my biggest beef with MON. He filled the bench with over priced and over paid crap and totally stemmed the flow of the decent youngsters that we had at the time.

• Like 2

I guess we all agree we need a quality proven striker for this league. Abraham would be outstanding, but assuming we are getting rid of Trez, AEG, Samatta or Davis, or maybe even two of them. I think we could do worse than at least have a look at a couple of players from AZ Alkmaar. It's a shit league, but players like Myron Boadu and Calvin Stengs are kinda interesting. Guess clubs with CL to offer will be interested there mind. 

There's also swedish guy in Bundesliga called Robin Quasoin, or something, that I hope some team picks up. 

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I guess we all agree we need a quality proven striker for this league. Abraham would be outstanding, but assuming we are getting rid of Trez, AEG, Samatta or Davis, or maybe even two of them. I think we could do worse than at least have a look at a couple of players from AZ Alkmaar. It's a shit league, but players like Myron Boadu and Calvin Stengs are kinda interesting. Guess clubs with CL to offer will be interested there mind. 

had a quick look to see if they're linked to anyone, couldn't see anything concrete, there is noise from idrissi about leaving though 17 goals and 10 assists last season

AZ also have a CL qualifier coming up

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Skarroki and I want him, I think he’d be good for us and he wouldn’t cost the Earth either. In fact, he’s a free agent, it’s a no brainer for me 

If the rumours of him downing tools is true, then without doubt I don’t want him. Imagine if he acted like that at Villa during our bad times this season. It would be akin to our relegation season and we would have be level with Norwich. I would rather a poorer player with a lot better work rate/attitude (although preferably a good player with a good work rate/attitude, obv.).

We can and should be doing a lot better. It’s a no from me.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’m not doubting you, we need a few more characters in the dressing room, we’re too nice. I’d take him here 

I haven't looked back but please, please tell me SGC you aren't talking about Ryan Fraser. I've read your post and Zatmans and that's my guess at who you are talking about.

If it is then I reckon you could pick an VI that I don't want at Villa before mentioning anyone I'd want.

Ryan Fraser is a flog, not just at Bournemouth but also Scotland....

If it isn't Ryan Fraser then I apologise (but I've got a feeling I'm right 😁)

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Its so important to have a nailed on, reliable, confident and even inspirational first choice keeper.

Agree, depending on length of Heaton injury, I would go for Lukas Hradecky . Challenge is that he needs to be no 1, like any great keeper we would sign. So what to do with Heaton when he eventually would be back. 

If heaton is expected back soonish, then maybe Reina (loan 6 months) or Foster (free agent). 

And whilst I think of it, I would be concerned at signing “back up” players generally. If you buy players that are better than your current 1st team, then the current players become your squad/back up players. That is how you improve your squad. Buying back ups for your current team just limits you to how good your current team is. I really don’t want to see links to has been “premier league experienced” players. Our whole squad now has a season under their belt so that requirement is not necessary and given their ages, they are only likely to improve with that. 

What we need is a few quality players to fit into the team, we definitely don’t need numbers and there are very few I would get rid of. Wingers and strikers is what we need to focus on, then possibly a CM/LB/RB. Then go from there. We do not need players for the sake of it. 

8 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

If the rumours of him downing tools is true, then without doubt I don’t want him. Imagine if he acted like that at Villa during our bad times this season. It would be akin to our relegation season and we would have be level with Norwich. I would rather a poorer player with a lot better work rate/attitude (although preferably a good player with a good work rate/attitude, obv.).

We can and should be doing a lot better. It’s a no from me.

Much prefer a Trezeguet character than Fraser character anyday of the week

Not that Fraser is even that great of a player either

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Much prefer a Trezeguet character than Fraser character anyday of the week

Not that Fraser is even that great of a player either

Agreed. Trezeguet has he faults, but Feels his attitude is great to have.

3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

And whilst I think of it, I would be concerned at signing “back up” players generally. If you buy players that are better than your current 1st team, then the current players become your squad/back up players. That is how you improve your squad. Buying back ups for your current team just limits you to how good your current team is. I really don’t want to see links to has been “premier league experienced” players. Our whole squad now has a season under their belt so that requirement is not necessary and given their ages, they are only likely to improve with that. 

What we need is a few quality players to fit into the team, we definitely don’t need numbers and there are very few I would get rid of. Wingers and strikers is what we need to focus on, then possibly a CM/LB/RB. Then go from there. We do not need players for the sake of it. 

Stop making sense! 

• Haha 1