Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

If the response bothers you I suggest you stop calling use of facts opinions then. Especially when you are actually the one ignoring the actual numbers and fabricate an alternative reality with zero use of actual data. 

But it's okey. I'd rather crack open some ardbeg then continue this rubbish. 

I’m not interested. Go away.

• Haha 1

Apparently PSG are looking to move Idrissa Gueye on already. He’s pushing 31 but for the right price (a fairly low price) I wouldn’t mind having him back for a season or two. Anyone seen him play this season? 

I'm sure Hendrick has been offered to us, along with about 50 other teams, but he doesn't really fit the model that I would expect us to be working with. PL experience yes, but at 28 he wouldn't really offer any re-sale value at all. If the wages were cheap, and he was just a replacement for Lansbury, then it wouldn't be as much of a problem. However, I don't see him getting in the first team and we really need to sign players that will improve us significantly.

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

That’s the thing that I see with free agents, which other people seem to overlook. Big wages, big signing on fee and big agent fee. 

Yes, often the actual transfer fee paid to a club is the easiest and cheapest bit of a signing, especially when most fees are paid in instalments and/or add ons.

• Thanks 1

Hendrick.

Another example of the type of player that we "Need to be avoiding"!

We've had our fair share of this type over the years and we still have one in Lansbury. I'd only like to see players arrive that can give their all and willing to bust their arse off for the cause.

Not some last pay day, moved on, high wage seeking, heavy signing on fee journeyman who probably won't see many games per season anyway.

No thanks.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

Apparently PSG are looking to move Idrissa Gueye on already. He’s pushing 31 but for the right price (a fairly low price) I wouldn’t mind having him back for a season or two. Anyone seen him play this season? 

Only if we can also get Veretout back.Get the gang back together.