Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks for the advice, I don’t think I’m really missing much by not having had a date

I think we are drifting off topic........Pheeeewwwwww!!!!!!!🤥

20 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

We need some mentally strong players who can perform under pressure knowing the fans expect a win every game, Too many times over the last 5 years we have signed players who have underestimated how difficult it is too play for Aston Villa

we hope to win every game.....we don't expect to......but it should be our target.

We do need some mentally strong players, but I don't think it is difficult to play for Aston Villa, perhaps it was in the late 70's when they ran more than Mo Farah...and 110% workrate was our mantra.

We have lost too many games for it to be hard, winning is hard, in the sense of the work you have to put in to achieve it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

we hope to win every game.....we don't expect to......but it should be our target.

We do need some mentally strong players, but I don't think it is difficult to play for Aston Villa, perhaps it was in the late 70's when they ran more than Mo Farah...and 110% workrate was our mantra.

We have lost too many games for it to be hard, winning is hard, in the sense of the work you have to put in to achieve it.

I agree, this wasn't a complaint about our fans but there is an expectation, it is not like playing for Brentford or Bournemouth. 

15 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

I agree, this wasn't a complaint about our fans but there is an expectation, it is not like playing for Brentford or Bournemouth. 

No disrespect to them, but we are only flirting with them through poor judgment in the past......We are a much bigger enterprise all together, than both them.

Aston Villa are a massive football club, who have under performed for years.....Our fans know this and know its not right...and that is where the expectation derives from....what was the famous quote from Deano " They don't realise how big they are"....we just haven't shaped up to it, in the recent past.

We have got what we have deserved, don't get me wrong......but the fans never deserved poor performance from the club, they did their job in their support.

Hopefully a new era and a management structure that can kiss goodbye to failure.

Ps I have a feeling a lot has been learnt and this window will highlight it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Be gutted if Weston McKennie ends up at Southampton as he is exactly what we need IMO he has the quality to be a superstar and similar type of player to Essien. My wish list is as follows: 

Aaron Hickey

Kristoffer Ajer 

Weston McKennie 

Karlol Linnety 

Dwight McNeil

Emiliano Buendia

Patrick Schick ??? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Be gutted if Weston McKennie ends up at Southampton as he is exactly what we need IMO he has the quality to be a superstar and similar type of player to Essien. My wish list is as follows: 

Aaron Hickey

Kristoffer Ajer 

Weston McKennie 

Karlol Linnety 

Dwight McNeil

Emiliano Buendia

Patrick Schick ??? 

Best wishlist I've seen so far, if we got anyone on that list i'd be delighted

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Aaron Hickey

Kristoffer Ajer 

Weston McKennie 

Karlol Linnety 

Dwight McNeil

Emiliano Buendia

Patrick Schick ??? 

This list is more like it. Much better. Maybe swap Schick for Weghorst, but dunno how much Wolfsburg will want for him.

If McNeil is too expensive, swap him for Brooks.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

Excuse my lack of research on this thread, but aren't we in for Eze? If not, why not? I see Palace have had a bid rejected and that QPR are holding out for 16m. Surely that puts him in our sphere of attainables? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We're mostly going to be buying players with premier league experience. We've just barely survived as one of the worst teams to have ever survived, Smith wants players who he thinks will come in and make a difference right away without needing a bedding in period to not just Premier league football but to life in England. Can see us going for the likes of Clyne, Albrighton, James McCarthy, Callum Wilson and so on.

He doesn't have premier league experience but something tells me that will also go for Benrahma regardless of whether Brentford are promoted tomorrow or not.