Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Bit of a random one but I was thinking about our keepers. 

Romero from Man U?
To compete with and cover for Heaton.

Never gonna be first choice there, even with De Gea’s clangers, and they may retain Henderson this time.

Or maybe Foster from Watford?

Obviously, and again, we need to strengthen in attack as a priority and there will be a limit to how much we can spend (although I still expect us to spend quite heavily) so picking up someone experienced & reliable for a modest fee would probably be the best approach...

Unfortunately, it’s a position we need to look at (yet again!) as our best 2 keepers are injury prone: 

1. Heaton - will he be fit for the start of the season? And can he stay fit? Seemed to pick up plenty of injuries at Burnley too...

2. Steer - would like him to get games but if he can’t overcome his injuries we will have to consider letting him go, deserves a chance after his heroics in helping get us promoted though. Feel for him tbh, never seems to get a break or his luck runs out fast.

Crap - Nyland is a nervous wreck and a walking calamity, I’ve personally lost patience in him and think it’s just a waste of time retaining him and devoting further coaching resources/time to him. Sheff Utd was bad enough but what the hell was he playing at against Wolves? Simply not good enough at this level and can’t “hack it”. 1 or 2 good performances or smart saves doesn’t excuse his overall lack of reliability.

Kalinic is out of favour or just crap so we need to offload him too. 

I think we may regret letting Sarkic go and not giving him any opportunities. Didn’t treat him too well and disrupted his progress by recalling him from loan (Livingston?) for no real reason... 

Overall, its a position that is in a bit of disarray imo.

Its so important to have a nailed on, reliable, confident and even inspirational first choice keeper.

Heaton is great and possesses those qualities but if he keeps getting injured then we’re in trouble. 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Guardian_Angel_M said:

After a very good season at Porto, I'd love to see Luis Diaz sign for Villa. Very tricky fast left winger/forward full international for Colombia. Would cost around  £30 m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkFEHLhecjY

First time I’ve heard of him, he looks amazing, thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

Fraser - Belotti - Deulofeu

Grealish - McGinn

Douglas Luis

Targett - Mings - Stones - Guilbert

Heaton

If some of the speculation that I like were to materialise

Edit your post quickly before Zatman sees it, he hates Fraser because according to him, Fraser downed tools at Bournemouth, personally I’d take him here as a squad option

I don't think we should invest that much in a keeper, unless it was with a long term look. We'll need a keeper that can be happy as a second choice without spending much. I might get back to Butland, if he was around 5m. I won't spend more in a keeper.

I think our most important part is to get the winger right, then the striker. Because most of strikers don't get the success needed anyway. Not a lot of them out there that can success at this level. For me, we'll need to get a very good skillful winger, and Eze or Buendia (they could back a backup to Jack, possibly if he moves they can replace him imedietly).

If we can get: Benrahma/Brooks/Rasicha, Eze/Buendia, Doucoure/Billing, Smalling/experienced free CB. Similar players to those, and then young gems such as Hickey....etc

Finally, try and get a good striker and hope it works for him. If we somehow managed to get Abraham or Belotti then that would be a huge bonus and we'll know that they successed at high levels.

I wouldn’t mind if we took a punt on Joe Lolley...

An improvement on Lansbury and Nakamba... Villa fan... Pretty nifty little player... Still got some years in him...

How much do you reckon it would cost to convince Forest to sell him and what would your opinions be about signing him?

1 hour ago, Guardian_Angel_M said:

After a very good season at Porto, I'd love to see Luis Diaz sign for Villa. Very tricky fast left winger/forward full international for Colombia. Would cost around  £30 m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkFEHLhecjY

I've seen plenty of youtube videos that make ordinary players look good.....

... but, damn, this kid looks amazing for both club and country! Dribble, pass, shoot, deep in defence, busting a gut to get into good positions. There's a lot to like.

Thanks for the link. Sadly, I think he's out of our league.

5 minutes ago, villaluke said:

would anyone take a punt on carlos vela? i dont watch that much mls but he got 33 goals last season and wouldnt cost that much. 

My hypothetical covid-19 infected great grandmother could have scored on some of those defenses.

2 hours ago, villaluke said:

would anyone take a punt on carlos vela? i dont watch that much mls but he got 33 goals last season and wouldnt cost that much. 

He's good! But if we want a starter we might need to go for younger and possibly even stronger options. There's no need for him to join as a squad player unless Samatta and Keinan Davis leaves.

Edited by hong0311

57 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I've seen plenty of youtube videos that make ordinary players look good.....

... but, damn, this kid looks amazing for both club and country! Dribble, pass, shoot, deep in defence, busting a gut to get into good positions. There's a lot to like.

Thanks for the link. Sadly, I think he's out of our league.

Cheers! I think so too, but only because he'll be playing Champions League next season with Porto. If Villa could sell the project of challenging himself in the Premier League, and pay him well, and from what what I understand the club is in the financial position to do so. Imagine Grealish playing with Diaz 🤯

6 hours ago, hippo said:

Yeah those were the days.......veretout usually goes out on loan somewhere ..so that would be the least worse option...

He has had 2 loans and the Roma loan was only a loan for FFP reasons and cost 18 million 

Must be shit 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Edit your post quickly before Zatman sees it, he hates Fraser because according to him, Fraser downed tools at Bournemouth, personally I’d take him here as a squad option

He did. Bournemouth fans hate him for it. Scumbag

1 hour ago, villaluke said:

Absolutely not...  I'm an American and that's almost akin to Villa signing Robbie Savage for me.  Only signing worse would be Shitarito...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Absolutely not...  I'm an American and that's almost akin to Villa signing Robbie Savage for me.  Only signing worse would be Shitarito...  

But the MLS pundits said he was better tham Zlatan 😉