Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Being Irish I've seen as much as anyone that Hendrick isn't particularly good, saying that though I'd have zero problem with getting him on a free. Not excited by any stretch but could see the merit in it.

If the presumption is that we're going to be spending big on first team quality then unspectacular signings like Hendrick that can offer depth will more than likely be the reality outside of that and we could probably do a lot worse than someone who has regularly played 30+ games a season for a side than have been better than us for several years now.

Some folks are suggesting spending £20-odd million on players that would more than likely start on the bench which is just complete dreamland stuff.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Only if we can also get Veretout back.Get the gang back together.

Rudy Gestede and Jose Crespo are eagerly waiting for the call

Hopefully we have technical issues calling the English players 😉

12 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Being Irish I've seen as much as anyone that Hendrick isn't particularly good, saying that though I'd have zero problem with getting him on a free. Not excited by any stretch but could see the merit in it.

If the presumption is that we're going to be spending big on first team quality then unspectacular signings like Hendrick that can offer depth will more than likely be the reality outside of that and we could probably do a lot worse than someone who has regularly played 30+ games a season for a side than have been better than us for several years now.

Some folks are suggesting spending £20-odd million on players that would more than likely start on the bench which is just complete dreamland stuff.

This is my view.

Hendrick isn’t a flash player, but I’ve always thought he was a fairly reliable and versatile workhorse. At 28 he’s now in his prime, and I think there would be some games where you’d rather bring him on over Lansbury, Nakamba or Hourihane.

If signing him as a CM option meant we could spend £20-40m on each of a new front 3 then I’d be all for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Please sign Eduoard

Please sign McKennie

Please sign Sarr

Please sign Bogle 

Job done.

All would be no brainers, if they’re interested in coming. Add Eze to that list too.

35 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It always pains me to look at our transfers from that season and how those players turned out. Gueye, Veretout, Amavi, Traore and Ayew were all signed for relatively cheap prices, all play for teams that are better than us and would get in our side now.

I just think the integration of them all without the structure of a strong core of established players ruined us, as well as the likes of the "established" premier league players we signed like Lescott, Richards and Sinclair being absolutely awful for us. Hope we don't make the same mistakes this year and try to sign too many again, we only just got away with it this season 

Edited by Biskitt

1 minute ago, Biskitt said:

It always pains me to look at our transfers from that season and how those players turned out. Gueye, Veretout, Amavi, Traore and Ayew were all signed for relatively cheap prices, all play for teams that are better than us and would get in our side now.

I just think the integration of them all without the structure of a strong core of established players ruined us. Hope we don't make the same mistakes this year

Integration sure, and if only we'd have had an actual football manager at the time, I recon it would've helped. 

37 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah those were the days.......veretout usually goes out on loan somewhere ..so that would be the least worse option...

I suppose you could easily spend approx £170m-£220m if we are looking for potential combined with premier league experience.

Nick Pope - Burnley - £35m/£40m

Axel Tuanzebe - Man Utd - £12m/£15m

Gerard Delufeou - Watford - £20m/£25m

Adelomah Lookman - RB Leipzeig - £15m/£20m

Allan Saint-Maximin - Newcastle - £30m/£40m

Tammy Abraham - Chelsea - £40m/£50m

Siad Benrahma - Brentford - £20m/£25m 

Yes many of the list maybe unrealistic and out the question, but almost 50% of those are gettable whilst all of them fit the criteria of what we're supposedly looking for.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

14 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Jeff Hendrick has played 30 PL games a season for four years and got 50+ caps for Ireland and I had NEVER heard of him until opening this thread just now. How bizarre.

Saw him playing for Ireland at Euro 2016 and he made Yacouba Sylla look like a technical player. Was the most Burnley signing ever.