Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't get why you're asking me. 

What a strange response.

You posted Maupay would be a good signing off Brighton if cheap. I’m asking why after his first season in the premier league you think he’d be cheap. 

• Like 2

The experience thing and it won't be easy for us to sign Celtic's best player. Also Eze is very similar to Grealish, if Grealish stays I don't think we will be desperate for Eze.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I was saying we should sign Edouard and Eze last summer, but I don't think we will be siging either this window.

No idea how accurate it is but Transfermarkt transfer rumors says Leicester are favored at 65% . 

☹️

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What a strange response.

You posted Maupay would be a good signing off Brighton if cheap. I’m asking why after his first season in the premier league you think he’d be cheap. 

Not strange at all. He would be a good signing if we get him cheap cause he's proven to be able to score goals at the level and offers something we don't have. He also has a season experience now. 

At the same time he's not exactly done that well for a £ 20 million striker, that we should spend a whole lot on him. Thus if we get him cheap it would be a good option, if not he wouldn't be. 

Whether he would be cheap or not is not something I or anyone here could possibly have any idea about. Maybe Brighton will see it as a way to recoup. Maybe not. 

11 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think the MLS needs to be looked at more in general. There are a hell of a lot of good American players playing in the Bundesliga, all picked up for next to nothing. Also the clubs there have changed their policy somewhat from the big stars on one last payday to recruiting promising players from Central and South America and selling them on for profit. The old stars will still be there but not as many as before. It's definitely something that we should look at.

One of the reasons so many young Americans are going to the Bundesliga is because their work permit restrictions are more relaxed, in addition to the fact that Bundesliga clubs seem more willing to give minutes to emerging players. Tyler Adams jumped straight from MLS to regular playing time at RB Leipzig and Gio Reyna broke through at Dortmund in almost no time at all. The links and connections between MLS and Bundesliga seem to be becoming more and more established, but I think it's often the case that for young Americans, like Christian Pulisic and imminently Weston McKennie, the dream destination remains the Premier League.

The up and comer in MLS that seems most ready to make the jump right now is Brenden Aaronson, but while there's been a wealth of interest from established Bundesliga clubs and Celtic, I'm not aware of any interest from the Premier League.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Says the man or woman pretending to moderate with facepalms. Loled. 

You seem to be under the illusion someone who moderates is unable to post. I’m also unsure how a facepalm is against the rules of the site but feel free to raise a report if you wish.

I think it’s a perfectly reasonable response to someone suggesting a club who spent £20m on a player who then did well following a move might be old cheap.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I would go balls deep for Edouard... £30m would probably be enough and he’s going to be amazing whenever he comes to the PL, because if we don’t sign him then richer clubs will

image.jpeg.820b378edf6a99ee255c0d9e30dc34d3.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Actually not a stupid idea if we got him cheap. He's got a season under his belt now. 

Cheap as chips fetch him here for sure.

Although I do think we need some striker that can make runs through a few players, our current strikers are more like wait for it to come to them in the box and score. The next striker we buy we need to make magic happen before hes in the box who can score from outside the box and dazzle opponents causing a chaotic time. Our play this season certainly hasnt suited the type of striker we currently have, most our play has been down wings, so are we looking for a false 9 type of player??

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

You seem to be under the illusion someone who moderates is unable to post. I’m also unsure how a facepalm is against the rules of the site but feel free to raise a report if you wish.

I think it’s a perfectly reasonable response to someone suggesting a club who spent £20m on a player who then did well following a move might be old cheap.

Sure you think a whole lot of things are reasonable or unreasonable. You also think your opinion can't be challenged in general. When someone points you out to be wrong, you feel "I don't wanna talk about this" is enough to be said. You want a monologue and a blog, so try that instead. 

Brighton would want £30-40m for Maupay. That ship has long gone.

So what if...

Albian Ajeti to Celtic

Edouard to Leicester

Iheanacho to Villa

Davis to Barcelona

And we're just waiting for the first domino to fall...

Edited by PieFacE