Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Brighton would want £30-40m for Maupay. That ship has long gone.

So what if...

Albian Ajeti to Celtic

Edouard to Leicester

Iheanacho to Villa

Davis to Barcelona

And we're just waiting for the first domino to fall...

There is still Morelos from Rangers, should be better than Maupay, Well at least I think and hope he would be.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Brighton would want £30-40m for Maupay. That ship has long gone.

So what if...

Albian Ajeti to Celtic

Edouard to Leicester

Iheanacho to Villa

Maupay scored 10 league goals in 38 league matches last season, does a 10 goal a season striker cost £40m these days? He went from Brentford to Brighton for £20m last Summer, why is he all of a sudden worth double that?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I think we'd be mad not to be interested but I've not seen anyone linking us to him.

I may be misremembering but wasn't that the case for a few of our signings last year? I thought no one knew about Wesley until right before we signed him?

On 31/07/2020 at 20:47, LxYoungAVFC said:

Has there been any real information on any players we are interested in....all this speculating is so annoying....we need to start bidding on players early or we will miss out on them

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Be gutted if Weston McKennie ends up at Southampton as he is exactly what we need IMO he has the quality to be a superstar and similar type of player to Essien. My wish list is as follows: 

Aaron Hickey

Kristoffer Ajer 

Weston McKennie 

Karlol Linnety 

Dwight McNeil

Emiliano Buendia

Patrick Schick ??? 

I'd love to see McKennie here, but it sure seems as if Southampton are just waiting on the Højbjerg to Tottenham deal to go through to snatch him up. I can see him doing well in a box-to-box role in a McGinn/McKennie/Luiz midfield. I think his energy and tenacity would shine through right away, but I think he'll also require a little time and discipline to learn and settle into a specific position. One of the things that has characterized him time at Schalke is his playing all over the pitch (seriously, I think he's played just about every position but goalkeeper). The obvious upside to that is that it shows his versatility and willingness to help out wherever he's needed. The drawback is that he is sometimes undisciplined: he'll go charging upfield to chase (and sometimes win) a ball and leave his position uncovered. But that can all be taught. He's got some rough edges, but I think what he brings is the physicality, fight, and grit that Villa were often lacking in last year's campaign.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Maupay scored 10 league goals in 38 league matches last season, does a 10 goal a season striker cost £40m these days? He went from Brentford to Brighton for £20m last Summer, why is he all of a sudden worth double that?

Well... why wouldn't he be?

Brighton signed him for £20m when he had scored 0 Premier League goals, he's now scored 10 and no doubt has 3 or 4 years left on his contract. Brighton obviously wouldn't want to sell him, so the fee gets inflated?

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Sure you think a whole lot of things are reasonable or unreasonable. You also think your opinion can't be challenged in general. When someone points you out to be wrong, you feel "I don't wanna talk about this" is enough to be said. You want a monologue and a blog, so try that instead. 

Oh dear.

I don’t think my opinion can’t challenged, I love debate and counter views. I’m just not interested in yours! I didn’t say I didn’t want to talk about anything I said I didn’t want to debate with you, it’s quite specific.

You’ve tried the blog line before, it’s getting a little boring. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I see this from fans too often.

What if Jack gets injured?

What if Jack is severely out of form?

What if Jack is knackered in a match and we want someone similar to replace him?

What about Cup games?

What about having the option of them rotating around in the forward line to wreak havoc?

What about having a ready made apprentice for if/when he leaves?

Quality in depth?

Screenshot_20200803-200219_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 2

Celtic fans seem to think that if someone puts in a big bid for Edouard the club will acept it because they need the money because of the affects that covid has had on their finances. He has under two years left on his contract as well, they won't want that to run down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well... why wouldn't he be?

Brighton signed him for £20m when he had scored 0 Premier League goals, he's now scored 10 and no doubt has 3 or 4 years left on his contract. Brighton obviously wouldn't want to sell him, so the fee gets inflated?

He’s a nasty piece of work I think, Wesley is a better centre forward I think 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh dear.

I don’t think my opinion can’t challenged, I love debate and counter views. I’m just not interested in yours! I didn’t say I didn’t want to talk about anything I said I didn’t want to debate with you, it’s quite specific.

You’ve tried the blog line before, it’s getting a little boring. 

Oh you're cute. You love a debate alright. Gets proven wrong. "No I don't want to talk about this anymore". Reminds me of a nephew. He's 6. 

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The answer to that is probably yes. It's mental but you would probably have to pay north of 30 mil to get a guaranteed goal scorer in the prem.

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not seen any of Edouard, is he really that good?

Can never really tell with SPL players, some of them do well there but it doesn’t often seem to translate when they move to superior leagues. 

Van Dijk being the huge exception of course!

Larsson was quality back in the day too.

He's still young, but he's been banging in goals for the French youth sides as well. Has 11 in 6 for the French U-21.

U never know who can make the transition from the weaker leagues to the better ones but Edouard is likely becoming "too good" for the SPL now.

Should add that this is largely based on a few Europa League games and a Old Firm or 2. 

Solid start to the season thou with a hattrick yesterday.

• Thanks 1

As much as it would be nice to have both Eze and Grealish in our squad, we'll be spending quite a bit on first team players, we're not going to then spend the £20m it would take to sign Eze to sit our bench, which is where he'd be if Grealish stays, and we sign another winger.