Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

It's hard to draw many conclusions about the window from Bournemouth's business - the talk is relegation makes them extremely financially distressed so they are in a fairly feeble negotiating position. If Ake didn't have a release clause they weren't really in a hardball position - they need the money now.

Taking a lazy look just because our new DOF is from Danish football then his former player Robert Skov is someone I hoped we'd sign last summer.

Yussuf Poulsen has been rumored away from RB Leipzig ever since January and is likely to move this summer. We ain't getting Höjbjer and even thou Inter already are looking at offloading Christian Eriksen for the right price we ain't signing him either.

Billing was mentioned last summer and again now when Bournemouth went down, he's OK and different to what we have but not THAT good.

Should add that I have very little knowledge of Danish football and that just because he's Danish doesn't mean we'll be signing Danish players. But I bet he has good knowledge about what young talented players there are in Scandinavia and it gives me hope that we might take a look at Ísak Bergmann Jóhannesson from IFK Norrköping who I mentioned before. 

Mohammed Daramy might be a name that pops up as well

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I think we need to spend more than £30m on a striker. Look at what Joelinton and Haller cost and they're both shit.

I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't think that means £30m wouldn't get us an excellent striker. It just means Newcastle and West Ham vastly overestimated said players abilities. Hopefully the new director is someone who knows a genuine £30m player when he sees them, rather than Suso who'd probably spend that on a dud from Chinese Football.

44 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Just off to check who’s on FC Copenhagen’s books.... 

Know next to nothing about him, but I remember seeing Robert Skov’s name here a few times in the past. Could be more likely now?

Robert Skov is a Danish footballer who plays for 1899 Hoffenheim in the German Bundesliga. With 29 goals in the 2018–19 season he broke the record for most goals scored in a season in the Danish Superliga. Wikipedia
Born: 20 May 1996 (age 24 years), Marbella, Spain
Height: 1.85 m
Weight: 78 kg
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Know next to nothing about him, but I remember seeing Robert Skov’s name here a few times in the past. Could be more likely now?

Robert Skov is a Danish footballer who plays for 1899 Hoffenheim in the German Bundesliga. With 29 goals in the 2018–19 season he broke the record for most goals scored in a season in the Danish Superliga. Wikipedia
Born: 20 May 1996 (age 24 years), Marbella, Spain
Height: 1.85 m
Weight: 78 kg

Well maybe, but that ship has sailed in terms of getting him cheap. He'll cost £25m at least from Hoffenheim now.

He was available for £9m (or one Trezeguet) last summer and mentioned on here.

• Like 1

The start of the Moneyball era is about to begin. 

Who was the last player we actually made a profit on? Don't most our players just turn to shit and we can't sell them and just run their contract out. 

I don't think we'll be getting any marquee signings. All players signed will be to come and to improve not big name players in their peak. Will it be enough to keep Jack interested? 

Would love to see Ross McCormack's data fed into the 'Lange-alator' - to see what it would say about him. Then also most of our other signings these last few but long years. I think the Lange-alator would quietly implode emitting smoke.  

Reading that Sky article about Lange before they played Celtic and notice they did well with keepers, sold Robin Olsen and Joronen to Italy. Wouldn't shock me if either ended up here given it didn't work out for Olsen at Roma and he's on loan at Cagliari and Joronen been relegated to Serie B.

Need to shake up our keeper department so could see either being signed and starting the season as number one.

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

The start of the Moneyball era is about to begin. 

Who was the last player we actually made a profit on? Don't most our players just turn to shit and we can't sell them and just run their contract out. 

I don't think we'll be getting any marquee signings. All players signed will be to come and to improve not big name players in their peak. Will it be enough to keep Jack interested? 

I disagree and believe we will hopefully see a mix of strategies. Our recent history (last time we were relegated and this past season) proves you need a mix of experience and quality in the squad and with that you can then also take some calculated risks on more unknowns. This is obvious or at least should be to those running the club. The owners have often spoke of the investment going into the Academy, so I reckon a large remit of his job will be unearthing young talent to put through the academy system and later sell on at a premium, such as you see with teams like Dortmund. 

32 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

yeah, I mentioned him last April on here before he signed for Hoffenheim in July 2019.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1