Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Arteta wants him out as he is deemed "disruptive" to the squad according to my gooner pal

Apparently there was an incident in a hotel room in dubai that was dealt with internally and then his maupay incident.

Can not see us getting any players from premier League teams that get regular game time , we need to be realistic , our heads barely stayed above water this season and anyone in already playing premier League football is not gonna find us any bit attractive.

Think I'd argue we were a much more attractive option to join last summer than we are now , hope we can get players in but think will be tough

• Confused 3

Of the CFs linked in the media thus far, Iheanacho would be my preference. Belotti would be amazing but I just don’t think we’re capable of attracting that calibre of signing at this moment in time. 
There was a tweet yesterday by Acura that said we’d bid for Buendia once a Sporting Director had been appointed.....loads of ppl piled in on them but they seem to be one of very few that had some info on today’s appointment. So maybe a bid is imminent?

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's not moneyball...

sorry but its a pet peeve of mine, its a misused term by the media and on here

moneyball would imply that we do full statistical analysis of players and then we sign them because of one high statistic that we like, we sign a winger because of his successful crossing % and then a striker based on his headers won % and you build your team based on statistics that all click together

it doesn't translate well to football and there's no evidence that villa use it 

You are right that moneyball identifies undervalued players and that, if applied in the same way as US sports, wouldn't work.

However it can be adapted to create player profiles based on a combination of key stats, relative to the position and playing style. For example, a DM profile might include stats relating to ground covered, interceptions, tackles, passing accuracy and ability to keep possession. Then you search for players who have stats that match the profile. You will also take into account scout reports and feedback from people that know the player to get an idea of their temprement. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Of the CFs linked in the media thus far, Iheanacho would be my preference. Belotti would be amazing but I just don’t think we’re capable of attracting that calibre of signing at this moment in time. 
There was a tweet yesterday by Acura that said we’d bid for Buendia once a Sporting Director had been appointed.....loads of ppl piled in on them but they seem to be one of very few that had some info on today’s appointment. So maybe a bid is imminent?

Belotti is just the kind of player I would like us to try and sign. He may be attainable as he is not playing for a top/successful side but I would imagine he would be in high demand if he was made available.
Would be a statement of intent and show our ambition .

Whereas someone like Immobile has been having more success with Lazio and is probably more recognised. Would be harder to sign for sure and wanted by the big/top teams. He’s also 30, four years older than Belotti.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Ollie Watkins has a £18m clause in his contract.

We just have to sign him if they don't go up. We should be getting that done before thinking about Benrahma.

Total Myth, that was pure press talk from nowhere, no release clause at all in his contract, and there never was or is,  the only clause is that Exeter get a percentage of his sell on fee. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

that's not moneyball...

sorry but its a pet peeve of mine, its a misused term by the media and on here

moneyball would imply that we do full statistical analysis of players and then we sign them because of one high statistic that we like, we sign a winger because of his successful crossing % and then a striker based on his headers won % and you build your team based on statistics that all click together

it doesn't translate well to football and there's no evidence that villa use it 

Exactly. American sports and especially baseball are much better described using stats, than football ever will, thus making this approach limited. Also unlike in american sports, the vast difference in leagues makes comparing data difficult, not to mention trusting the validity of the data you're getting could be an issue. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Belotti would be insane but it's never happening. Ever ever. 

Would have needed Torino to have been relegated to have even a small chance but they are staying up unless some point deduction for some thing or other. It's Italy so could still happen :D 

And even then he'd likely have bigger fish circling.

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Why is Belotti being talked about again? Just for old times sake or what?

Just a very desirable player in a position we desperately need to improve on.
Do you think he’s unattainable?

Quite out of touch with Italian football nowadays in all honesty.

He’s been at Torino a while (not been snapped up yet) and they are not exactly a successful or top side are they?

Would like to hear from someone with more know how, please enlighten me 😄

50 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Matteo Guendouzi, anyone?

I think he's a bell-end, but clearly has ability and at 21, can improve in all aspects of the game, and his attitude.
Arsenal seem desperate to sell him, but despite rumours of him being a makeweight for Partey, or Barca/PSG being linked - it's very quiet. Rumours of about £20-25m?

He ticks a lot of our boxes - age, experience, price, potential, and position. But not hair. If he comes, he gets a hair cut though. That's a non-negotiable. 

i really don't rate him one bit. He's overrated.

Very poor attitude as well

Edited by Villan4Life

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Abraham supposedly removed Chelsea offa his Instagram bio - wouldn't be surprised to see Wolves coming back in for him. 

If we can somehow get him, that might even show Jack something. Plus we know him and he know the league. 
If we get him below 30-40m, I think we’ll have done a good deal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

i really don't rate him one bit. He's over-rated

Poor attitude as well

For me whatever you say, I just believe in it. 👍🏻
Added to that, I think my lack of knowledge on players (apart from Villa or whoever is directly related to us as relegation teams), I can’t pretend that I’ve watched much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Reading that Sky article about Lange before they played Celtic and notice they did well with keepers, sold Robin Olsen and Joronen to Italy. Wouldn't shock me if either ended up here given it didn't work out for Olsen at Roma and he's on loan at Cagliari and Joronen been relegated to Serie B.

Need to shake up our keeper department so could see either being signed and starting the season as number one.

Joronen been in the whoscored team of the season as well.