Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

The only real example that equates to the moneyball concept in baseball was Rory Delap's role at Stoke a few years ago. He created more goal scoring opportunities through throw-ins than either of their wingers at the time, whilst also adding just enough to the team in central midfield. If he hadn't had the powerful flat throw in ability he wasn't good enough to start for them as a midfielder. In the end I think his role as a midfielder started to become a liability and so he wasn't worth the potency he gave them with his throw-ins any longer.

In football you need to look at generally average players statistically with one or 2 outstanding abilities, like hourihane. With him in the team we are so much more dangerous because of his ability from set pieces as well as the fact he is a reasonably average midfielder he adds value greater than you would expect of a player of his quality.

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Abraham supposedly removed Chelsea offa his Instagram bio - wouldn't be surprised to see Wolves coming back in for him. 

I reckon if it was between us and Wolves we could have a good chance. Fair enough they're in Europe but he's probably going to be second in the pecking order to Raul Jiminez - whereas with us he's going to be playing every game with a club he knows and a manager he seemed to get on well with. He was a big part of the team spirit the promotion team had with Mings, McGinn, and Grealish. If the club could assure him Grealish was staying that'd put us in pole position I reckon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pez1974 said:

Matteo Guendouzi, anyone?

I think he's a bell-end, but clearly has ability and at 21, can improve in all aspects of the game, and his attitude.
Arsenal seem desperate to sell him, but despite rumours of him being a makeweight for Partey, or Barca/PSG being linked - it's very quiet. Rumours of about £20-25m?

He ticks a lot of our boxes - age, experience, price, potential, and position. But not hair. If he comes, he gets a hair cut though. That's a non-negotiable. 

He will got to the barbers with Luiz and Jack to show him how to get a proper cut. 

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Abraham supposedly removed Chelsea offa his Instagram bio - wouldn't be surprised to see Wolves coming back in for him. 

Hasn’t he just triggered an extension clause in his contract for another year?

2 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Hasn’t he just triggered an extension clause in his contract for another year?

It's probably nothing - still says Chelsea on his other social media accounts. But would fit us like a glove. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Or villa. Never say never 

Bar money, we have a HUGE advantage over other re Tammy for obvious reasons.

Seems to have love for us, Jack loves him.

The type of signing which would probably influence Jack to stay and inspire others as well.

Would be down to money IMO.

If we signed Tammy Abraham - get in two wingers he will score 20 league goals. I'm willing to bet anyone's hat on it. Also AEG suddenly becomes more effective as Tammy can convert more of his speculative crosses.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Total Myth, that was pure press talk from nowhere, no release clause at all in his contract, and there never was or is,  the only clause is that Exeter get a percentage of his sell on fee. 

That's interesting. Ornstein went with it as very factual, not a rumour, what makes you think it doesn't exist?

I'd suggest his agent is making himself busy to get teams interested.

Tammy would fit our owners buy / sell plan. You pay 15 - 25m for him, as someone above me said if he gets the right service he can easily get 20 in a season. Then the big clubs start sniffing again and suddenly he’s worth 60m+ 

2 minutes ago, MCU said:

Tammy would fit our owners buy / sell plan. You pay 15 - 25m for him, as someone above me said if he gets the right service he can easily get 20 in a season. Then the big clubs start sniffing again and suddenly he’s worth 60m+ 

Don’t disagree with the goals etc, but no way is Tammy leaving Chelsea for 15-25m! I honestly think it will be more like 40m plus.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MCU said:

There's no way you'd get him for 15-25m lol.
It would be 40m minimum I suspect.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

I reckon Chelsea will be asking £60m+ for him now rather than £15-25m. He's young, English, and scores goals in the Premier League (1 goal per 2 games?), and Chelsea don't need the money . He ticks all the boxes for a massive fee. If Wesley was £25m Tammy will cost twice that at least.

7 minutes ago, MCU said:

On what planet would they sell him for 15-25? at least 40

For what it's worth, I would absolutely pay 40m for Abraham. 
As another poster suggested, he'd score 20 goals next season with Grealish in behind and two good wingers either side. 

It's a no brainer if he's available (which I don't think he is). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MCU said:

This is probably the third time I've seen someone say 15-25m for Tammy since the West Ham match. Is that what everyone thinks it will take? He's 22, English, and just had a 15g 3a season, surely that's gotta be pushing 35-40m minimum in the modern market?

• Like 1