Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Zatman said:

Is Belotti really that wild of a transfer? Torino are 16th in Serie A and not pulling up any trees. He has also been there 5 years or so and seems none of the big teams in Europe are interested. If he wants a move a team like Villa might be his only option

I would think so, yeah. I imagine if he does become available there would be bigger clubs than us looking at him. 

But would love to be wrong!! 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I would think so, yeah. I imagine if he does become available there would be bigger clubs than us looking at him. 

But would love to be wrong!! 

I dont think any of the big teams in Europe be interested maybe Spurs if Kane left but thats it. My only fear would be Italian strikers arent the great travellers

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think any of the big teams in Europe be interested maybe Spurs if Kane left but thats it. My only fear would be Italian strikers arent the great travellers

For evidence of this see Cutrone at Wolves last season...

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

😀

Right...i'm off to the NUFC forums!

Two weeks ago when it looked like we were down I had some laughing NUFC fan reveive a tweet from last summer where I commented at the start of the season when they signed Steve Bruce that they would need some luck. Him and all his followers jumped on board laughing at our demise.

I would love to find that tweet and do some gloating of my own now.....

• Like 2

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

For evidence of this see Cutrone at Wolves last season...

Even Immobile the best striker over last 4/5 years in Serie A struggled in Germany and Spain

14 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Me too, possibly a midfielder too (Eze/Buendia). 

But someone posted a video going viral on all Tammy's last season misses yesterday, and it was a long video. It reminded me how we used to moan that he needs 20 shots before he scored, and he goes off the boil after Christmas. Makes you wonder if we have a rose tinted view, despite his ability to get into positions that hurt.

He seemed to be poor this season after Christmas and didn't really get his place back from Giroud. But every striker is going to have quiet patches and that's where Wesley and Samatta have to step up. If he kept his goal scoring rate going all season long that would be Kane/Aguero-esque.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Even Immobile the best striker over last 4/5 years in Serie A struggled in Germany and Spain

Some have worked, see Zola, Vialli to a point, Ravanelli at 'boro, Vieri at Atletico, Toni at Bayern, but there's certainly plenty have struggled too.

Feel a bit for Cutrone, never really suited their system, was never getting in ahead of Jiminez and didn't want to leave Milan in the first place. Feels like he was used a little bit, a 'name' for Wolves to sign and some quick money for Milan when they needed it, move never seemed in the best interests of the player.

24 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Me too, possibly a midfielder too (Eze/Buendia). 

But someone posted a video going viral on all Tammy's last season misses yesterday, and it was a long video. It reminded me how we used to moan that he needs 20 shots before he scored, and he goes off the boil after Christmas. Makes you wonder if we have a rose tinted view, despite his ability to get into positions that hurt.

I'd rather have a player who gets in this positions and gets shots rather than a player who scores every time but never does. 

Also finishing can improve instinct rarely does. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'm not sure those Wes stats are as good as you think, though. They mean that he "should" have scored 4-5 goals in his last 14 games, but, in reality, only netted 1 in his last thirteen. The greater his xG, the more he underperformed in terms of his finishing for the chances that were created for him!

Well, as I implied in my post, I didn't think they were good. But xG has shown to be a much better indicator of long-term success as the numbers even out over a longer sample. So, if Wesley were to continue playing at the level as he had been, he might have scored 4 goals when he'd only deserved one over a different sample of matches.

Besides, the key to the numbers wasn't the numbers themselves, but the fact Wesley's xG per match improved by 76.5% over those final 14 matches compared to his first 7. That's a good sign!

Edited by VillaHatesMe

Tbh that video of Abrahams has persuaded me even more that he would be a good signing. His movement is very good, his speed and awareness is everything i want in a forward, and more importantly he is 22, he will miss, and make mistakes at that age.

If you did a video of Keenan Davies' misses it would only be about 20 seconds as hes never in the right place.

I would offer Chelsk, if we have the m oney, £40m, and if necessary  go up to £50m.

I think Eze for £20m is a no-brainer

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

He seemed to be poor this season after Christmas and didn't really get his place back from Giroud. But every striker is going to have quiet patches and that's where Wesley and Samatta have to step up. If he kept his goal scoring rate going all season long that would be Kane/Aguero-esque.

Yeah he is still young enough to improve his finishing.  The thing that struck me from that video was his movement, I reckon he is always going to get into good positions regularly enough to score lots even if he misses lots too.  Fair enough Chelsea are looking for better but if we managed to sign him I'd be over the moon.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah he is still young enough to improve his finishing.  The thing that struck me from that video was his movement, I reckon he is always going to get into good positions regularly enough to score lots even if he misses lots too.  Fair enough Chelsea are looking for better but if we managed to sign him I'd be over the moon.

100%. Its a great deal at the right price.