Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

For what it's worth, I would absolutely pay 40m for Abraham. 
As another poster suggested, he'd score 20 goals next season with Grealish in behind and two good wingers either side. 

It's a no brainer if he's available (which I don't think he is). 

So would I 

11 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we signed Tammy Abraham - get in two wingers he will score 20 league goals. I'm willing to bet anyone's hat on it. Also AEG suddenly becomes more effective as Tammy can convert more of his speculative crosses.

If we signed Tammy and two wingers of equal quality I'd be happy to go into next season with just three new signings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

Newcastle's prospective new owners have pulled out (sob on the Tyne!). That should reduce the competition for new signings.

link?

Never mind found it

Edited by paul514

Their reason for pulling out was basically Covid by the sounds of it. I bet the PL are gutted. They were more than happy to allow a country that throws gay people off buildings to buy Newcastle.

You'd be gutted if you were a Newcastle fan right now. No-one is buying a club in this current climate. I also doubt whether Ashley will throw another penny at it. 

Good for Villa. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Best get on the phone for Saint-Maximin 🤣

Would be quite a statement from the owners - not just to buy an exciting young talent like that - but to weaken a rival too. If we gave them £50m for him Ashley would pocket the cash and give Bruce £5m to replace him.

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Would be quite a statement from the owners - not just to buy an exciting young talent like that - but to weaken a rival too. If we gave them £50m for him Ashley would pocket the cash and give Bruce £5m to replace him.

£10m + Elmo?

3 hours ago, RichiBoi11 said:

It'll be interesting to see what prices players go for this summer due to Covid and the effect on trading and revenue. Bournemouth have just accepted a bid of £41 million for Ake. I would have expected the fee for him to be higher, especially if City were the ones paying. Maybe there's a few bargains out there to be had. (Not that I'm saying £41 million qualifies as a bargain, but it could mean the market has lower fees than expected this summer)

£1m of that in unspecified add-ons. It does seem low, I wonder if there is anything else "unspecified" about it? The reported £24.5m fee for Torres seems rather low as well, given his club were asking £45m for him, but there are unspecified add-ons there as well. Still, I wouldn't question how accurate Manchester City's numbers are...;)     

3 hours ago, sne said:

Rumor is he has a release clause at £40m-£41m

I thought that was only if he had moved to Chelsea during the last transfer window? I think all they can now do is take up their option to match any offer for the player. 

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

The start of the Moneyball era is about to begin. 

Who was the last player we actually made a profit on? Don't most our players just turn to shit and we can't sell them and just run their contract out. 

I don't think we'll be getting any marquee signings. All players signed will be to come and to improve not big name players in their peak. Will it be enough to keep Jack interested? 

There will be big signings, we have more money than most and the owners are happy to spend as much as FFP allows, but the we start filling the academy and reserves with very promising young players who develop here hence the "sustainability'. Chelsea have been doing it for years, hasnt stopped them  spending big.

We spent £130m on filling the squad last season, no "marquee" signings unless you count [at that moment] overpaying for Mings. Imagine if we had a developed talent competing for places, out on loan learning their trade, on lower wages instead of paying through the nose for everyone we need? If anything it will allow us to pay MORE for marquee signings every season in the long run, due to savings and sale income on those who dont make the grade [when we are "at the top level of European Football"].

Edited by thunderball

4 minutes ago, John said:

£1m of that in unspecified add-ons. It does seem low, I wonder if there is anything else "unspecified" about it? The reported £24.5m fee for Torres seems rather low as well, given his club were asking £45m for him, but there are unspecified add-ons there as well. Still, I wouldn't question how accurate Manchester City's numbers are...;)     

Just heard he is terrific from a Spanish journo, and worth double that paid. Valencia need the money and he was running down his contract.

34 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

If we signed Tammy and two wingers of equal quality I'd be happy to go into next season with just three new signings.

Me too, possibly a midfielder too (Eze/Buendia). 

But someone posted a video going viral on all Tammy's last season misses yesterday, and it was a long video. It reminded me how we used to moan that he needs 20 shots before he scored, and he goes off the boil after Christmas. Makes you wonder if we have a rose tinted view, despite his ability to get into positions that hurt.

Edited by thunderball

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Just heard he is terrific from a Spanish journo, and worth double that paid. Valencia need the money and he was running down his contract.

Pity we didn't look at him then. ;)

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Lee Kang-in is doing the same there. Maybe we can try for him. 

South Korean market is not to be scoffed at and he looks a real talent but no where the finished article. He has a contract over 2022 thou.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Belotti would be insane but it's never happening. Ever ever. 

Is Belotti really that wild of a transfer? Torino are 16th in Serie A and not pulling up any trees. He has also been there 5 years or so and seems none of the big teams in Europe are interested. If he wants a move a team like Villa might be his only option