Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Think we should try ruffle some feathers, let’s make some audacious bids do players think we are ambitious, never know might sign some.

Van Dijk

Harry Kane

Bale

Fernandes

whoever else, won’t sign any of then, but the slightly better players will start taking attention to what’s happening at Villa, a bit like when Robinho signed for Man City, other players wanted a piece of the project. 

Pipe dream I am fully aware, but this is my hope. 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Think we should try ruffle some feathers, let’s make some audacious bids do players think we are ambitious, never know might sign some.

Van Dijk

Harry Kane

Bale

Fernandes

whoever else, won’t sign any of then, but the slightly better players will start taking attention to what’s happening at Villa, a bit like when Robinho signed for Man City, other players wanted a piece of the project. 

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Van Dijk

Harry Kane

Bale

Fernandes

happy homer simpson GIF

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, I’d agree, I would go:

Odsonne Eduoard - £30m - centre forward

Ollie Watkins - £18-20m - centre forward

Benrahma - £20-25m - attack mid/wing

Sarr - £30m - attack mid/wing

I’d probably bring in a youngish LB and a RB too, and perhaps an older more experienced CB (on a free transfer or something). Defence was really our major problem most of the season and buying just attackers won’t solve that I don’t think.

It’s a challenge for less than £120m I think.

I would be so happy if we landed Édouard. Seems like he’s got no real interest in leaving Celtic though. 

35 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Cairney struggled in the PL when Fulham were in it

Fit in well then ;) 

Joking aside, you're right he did, doesn't mean he doesn't still have ability. Anyway I'm no Cairney bum-boy, wouldn't mind seeing his missus at VP though 😍  just think he would improve the "squad" better than the likes of Lansbury/Jota.

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

This is exactly as I see it. I'd have more confidence in Trezeguet making a contribution from the bench than El Ghazi. In fact, following last season's displays he's more like El Khazi. 

If we have a decent striker, that would follow and attack the chances that are being served, you would see El Ghazi have a lot more assists, than what he has now. El Ghazi has a bit of skill which Trezeguet doesnt have. Even though he helped us stay up, I dont see anything in Trez that wants me to keep him in the squad. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What do you think we're after though? 

I think a seasoned quality CB like Vertonghen would be smart. 

An additional big unit to compete as a DM option. 

2 wingers and a striker. 

Guess a left back can be argued as well. 

Hopefully all a quality level above what we got. But maybe that's greedy. 

Sounds just about right to me....£150m should do it

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Looking at his stats for last season, he played in 36 games, scored 1 and assisted 7. I know stats don’t tell the whole story and he was in a poor team, but for an attacking midfielder/winger they don’t scream £30m really. 

He only had 1 big chance this season despite his 40 shots. He didn't have anyone to create anything for him and everyone focused on him defensively so his stats appear worse than they were. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

No, and I’d like him in the squad, but in a 4-3-3 I don’t know how/where he fits as a starter? If it’s next to Luiz and McGinn I’m in the camp that wants someone with defensive solidity more than attacking flair, letting SJM break forward from deep - his best attribute when fit, imo. 

Exactly we need someone who is the clear attacking favourite to force Smith to ay mcginn deeper than he has this season. Him and Hourihane should have switched roles and we would have been much more effective imo. 

53 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If benrahma was that price no doubt we would go for him, he will cost more.

we need one striker not two.

If argue we need 2 assuming one can play out wide like karlan grant. Wesley isn't going to be fit until October and we don't want to be relying on Davis or samatta off the bench for the first 5 or 6 games 

45 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought he showed promise when playing up front when we had no strikers.  He doesn't really have the engine to do all the tracking back needed on the wing unlike Trez but he has two good feet and not bad in the air.

He is actually very bad in the air. He wins balls but like hause he has a 50pence for a head. 

30 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Van Dijk

Harry Kane

Bale

Fernandes

Bale on a loan might be possible. His wages are mega high though. If we could get him for cheap I would be happy to pay pay him 4/5 of it. Which would still be 12 million a year. 

Scott Dann is out of contract. I'm not sure we need another CB but if we get him in, we could send Hause out on loan. I would see him more as squad player or as back up, not to block Konsa's development.

Plus he would add some experience, bit like last seasons Cahill-opportunity. We could use some of that.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, AXD said:

Scott Dann is out of contract. I'm not sure we need another CB but if we get him in, we could send Hause out on loan. I would see him more as squad player or as back up, not to block Konsa's development.

Plus he would add some experience, bit like last seasons Cahill-opportunity. We could use some of that.

Not sure he's the right choice, but we definitely need another centre back, and someone reliable and experienced would be ideal. He certainly wouldn't be my first choice but we could also do much worse.

41 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Van Dijk

Harry Kane

Bale

Fernandes

So you mean, to deceive the player into thinking that they're signing with Chelsea?

8 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Got to be some young Scottish left back who’s decent. My hope is that Scotland finally produce a few elite players again and they are all left backs 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12003584/hearts-should-have-earned-millions-on-aaron-hickey-but-they-will-get-a-pittance-says-andy-walker

We were heavily linked with the Colombian forward at Rangers last summer, I wonder if he is still on the radar or if we have other targets in mind now?

4 minutes ago, NeilS said:

We were heavily linked with the Colombian forward at Rangers last summer, I wonder if he is still on the radar or if we have other targets in mind now?

On his way to Lille.

• Like 1