Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Ricardo Rodriguez was on loan to PSV last season quality LB. haven’t seen him play for a couple of seasons but was a real talent and available relatively cheap. An upgrade on T&T

He was really poor in Milan, fans delighted to get rid of him as didn't care for defending

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it is. Elmos getting on abit and guilbert is abit inconsistent. 

I’d like him here, just prioritising what we need most. I’d rather we got cover for Targett this window as Taylor hurts us going forward more than Elmo, imo. I like Guilbert too, but Tavernier would be a big improvement. 

There’s a highly rated young (21) left back called Owen Wijndal who plays for Alkmaar and the Dutch under 21 side. I read a thing about him a while ago (will try and find it and edit this post) but I think he’d be a quality addition. 

Scout Report

However, one player that has somehow gone under the radar is Owen Wijndal. The medium-built pacey left-back who is sometimes compared to Andrew Robertson in the twitter world due to their similar playing style doesn’t garner much attention.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

I’d like him here, just prioritising what we need most. I’d rather we got cover for Targett this window as Taylor hurts us going forward more than Elmo, imo. I like Guilbert too, but Tavernier would be a big improvement. 

Yea i agree anout taylor. He is woeful.

Why not be greedy and get one on each side ?!

I honestly don't know what games some of the people on here have watched this season with the amount of stick el ghazi is getting. Most of the the games this season he has been our only creative outlet aside from Jack. Except el ghazi has played with a full back who isn't overlapping like elmo or can't cross the ball like guilbert. This means he is often left in 2 or 3 on 1 situations which he can't dribble out of and rarely has someone moved so that a pass is on. 

Yes El Ghazi has missed a lot of big chances this season but he is also one of our few players who is actually getting TV em because of his movement in the box. Because of this it puts a lot of pressure on those chances which makes it difficult for a player low in confidence like el ghazi is right now. He absolutely should have done better multiple times this season but the number of times he has created a great chance from a cross where trez, samatta or Davis have fluffed their line is at a similar point. 

People also say he is lazy which is just wrong. Yes he struggles with tracking back nfot because of a lack of effort but because of a lack of knowledge. Before coming to villa he likely never would have had to so he is playing an unfamiliar role and makes mistakes at it. But how many have the goals we have conceded have come from either mcginn or trez not picking up their men and being free at the back post but I never hear how little effort they put in to track back.

El ghazi will be Important for us next season. He won't be a starter but I reckon he will be very effective off the bench with his crossing and shooting ability. And if the team has more off the ball movement i.e with Jack playing in the centre of the park or us signing Buendia or eze to play in the middle I would expect his and any of our wingers effectiveness to go up hugely. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yea i agree anout taylor. He is woeful.

Why not be greedy and get one on each side ?!

I’d rather get two class wingers & a proven CF, then a central midfielder & then a CB. We’ll be lucky to manage all that within FFP as it is. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Everyone very quick to criticise Neil Taylor. There’s times this season where he’s been asked to come in and do a job and he’s done it well. 

I'd agree with this. I don't rate him, but he's had s good season. Started off well against spurs and been relatively solid when called upon. 

But I don't rate him  and he's definitely something we need to improve on. Firstly cause what Deano wants to play requires some offensive ability, and while Taylor is an ok defender.. he's maybe one of the worst players going forward I've ever seen. Bar Wesley. 

Secondly he reminds me of Hutton that I never completely trust him. It's like he has that complete **** up in him at all times. 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I honestly don't know what games some of the people on here have watched this season with the amount of stick el ghazi is getting. Most of the the games this season he has been our only creative outlet aside from Jack. Except el ghazi has played with a full back who isn't overlapping like elmo or can't cross the ball like guilbert. This means he is often left in 2 or 3 on 1 situations which he can't dribble out of and rarely has someone moved so that a pass is on. 

Yes El Ghazi has missed a lot of big chances this season but he is also one of our few players who is actually getting TV em because of his movement in the box. Because of this it puts a lot of pressure on those chances which makes it difficult for a player low in confidence like el ghazi is right now. He absolutely should have done better multiple times this season but the number of times he has created a great chance from a cross where trez, samatta or Davis have fluffed their line is at a similar point. 

People also say he is lazy which is just wrong. Yes he struggles with tracking back nfot because of a lack of effort but because of a lack of knowledge. Before coming to villa he likely never would have had to so he is playing an unfamiliar role and makes mistakes at it. But how many have the goals we have conceded have come from either mcginn or trez not picking up their men and being free at the back post but I never hear how little effort they put in to track back.

El ghazi will be Important for us next season. He won't be a starter but I reckon he will be very effective off the bench with his crossing and shooting ability. And if the team has more off the ball movement i.e with Jack playing in the centre of the park or us signing Buendia or eze to play in the middle I would expect his and any of our wingers effectiveness to go up hugely. 

Think we're watching two different teams. If you mean the WBA player, he's name is Hegazi. 

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it is. Elmos getting on abit and guilbert is abit inconsistent. 

I dont qant moreles. He would acore goals but get sent off 4 times a season. Imagine playing blose at the sty. 100% he would get himself sent off Too much of a gamble

Don't worry mate, won't happen for a looooooooooooooong time ;) 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think we're watching two different teams. If you mean the WBA player, he's name is Hegazi. 

I'm serious. It seems people on here have hated el ghazi since he joined us. Because he isn't the stereotypical English football player. He isn't hard nosed or tough but he is an all round decent player. Sometimes it goes one way and he is a fan favourite like Luiz or it goes the other way and he is called a donkey like wesley. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm serious. It seems people on here have hated el ghazi since he joined us. Because he isn't the stereotypical English football player. He isn't hard nosed or tough but he is an all round decent player. Sometimes it goes one way and he is a fan favourite like Luiz or it goes the other way and he is called a donkey like wesley. 

Nobody hates him. Some people, me included, just don't think he's very good. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Claret and blue specs on here but we really need a couple of statement signings, at an age that we don’t have to wait 2/3 seasons to see what they can become. I think we have that now with Konsa, Luiz and even Targett to some extent. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Emiliano Buendia

age 23

Anyone think he might be a bargain ?

I think they would want around £30m for him, but I think he's the sort of quality that we should be looking to bring in. 

3 minutes ago, John said:

I think they would want around £30m for him, but I think he's the sort of quality that we should be looking to bring in. 

Looking at his stats for last season, he played in 36 games, scored 1 and assisted 7. I know stats don’t tell the whole story and he was in a poor team, but for an attacking midfielder/winger they don’t scream £30m really. 

Presuming Fulham do the job tonight then the play-off final against Brentford is going to be interesting with regards to the respective clubs main assets when one team fails.

Brentford obviously have Benrahma, Watkins and Henry - who would all be great additions for us.

Fulham have Mitrovic and Cairney that I would take all day long. Mitrovic for his experience and aggression, something we are lacking (and still only 25!) and Cairney seems like his career has "stalled" a bit at Fulham but he still has great talent and a cracking left-foot. Maybe we could get him on the cheap (though I would guess he may want to stay in London). Offer them Lansbury and Jota as part of the deal. I would prefer someone like Cairney coming off the bench and I think he would add much better competition to our squad.

Eze and Buendia are obvious talents whom would be great to sign, but think we need to be wary of what clubs are going to charge.

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Looking at his stats for last season, he played in 36 games, scored 1 and assisted 7. I know stats don’t tell the whole story and he was in a poor team, but for an attacking midfielder/winger they don’t scream £30m really. 

Only way he goes for £30m is if a bidding war starts. I see him going for £15-£20m. Which I think the Norwich board (not so much the fans) will accept and see as a good deal. 

I see him going abroad though. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Presuming Fulham do the job tonight then the play-off final against Brentford is going to be interesting with regards to the respective clubs main assets when one team fails.

Brentford obviously have Benrahma, Watkins and Henry - who would all be great additions for us.

Fulham have Mitrovic and Cairney that I would take all day long. Mitrovic for his experience and aggression, something we are lacking (and still only 25!) and Cairney seems like his career has "stalled" a bit at Fulham but he still has great talent and a cracking left-foot. Maybe we could get him on the cheap (though I would guess he may want to stay in London). Offer them Lansbury and Jota as part of the deal. I would prefer someone like Cairney coming off the bench and I think he would add much better competition to our squad.

Eze and Buendia are obvious talents whom would be great to sign, but think we need to be wary of what clubs are going to charge.

The Cairney boat has sailed. He is 29 now. 

I think we need a lot better than him. In fact, a hell of a lot better. 

Edited by deeps