Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

How much older?

Not by much but hype around Benrahma is crazy and OTT. He has more chance of being another Knockaert, Nzogbia or Taarabt than a superstar. 

The step up from the Championship is a lot bigger and only Jack did it from our promotion squad(Tammy too but he is at Chelsea) 

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How much of the forum do you read?

"Rate" Wes, posters like myself and a few others think it's too early to be giving him the stick he gets from most posters. He gets bashed 90 percent of the time, however some acknowledge that we paid 22 mill for him, is injured ( So ain't going anywhere anytime soon anyway) and maybe gets a clean slate when he comes back. 99 percent of us agree that we need a new striker.

"Rate" Trez, have you read his thread, match threads or post match threads? Most of us are well aware of how limited he has been, but appreciate the fact that what he lacks in quality he makes up for with heart and fight, plus self explanatory fact that he has scored some HUGE goals and a large part of the reason we are safe. 99 percent of us acknowledge that we need new forwards and wingers.

This is exactly as I see it. I'd have more confidence in Trezeguet making a contribution from the bench than El Ghazi. In fact, following last season's displays he's more like El Khazi. 

7 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Not a lazy post in the slightest. This thread has so many posters saying we don't need many signings, and who are content with the likes of Trez, Wesley and others. Yes, they scored a few goals, but they're poor footballers. That's not me giving them stick, as it's not their fault; they're just not good enough for where we want to be. If we didn't have Jack Grealish, we would've been absolutely rooted to the bottom of the table. That's the level of squad we have. I really hope Dean et al know how much of an upgrade  is required. Thankfully, I think they do. 

I don’t think there are many if any posters who would be happy if we went into next season without strengthening our attacking positions. That doesn’t mean we have to write off all of our current strikers and wingers. I’d say we need to add at least one quality goal scorer and at least one quality winger, but we don’t have to throw the baby out with the bathwater. There is still plenty of room for improvement in the likes of Wesley and Trez but adding quality to the squad around them will help them greatly. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Twitter is linking us, Newcastle and Baggies with Kelechi Iheanacho. Can’t see Leicester being happy to sell though.

Im sure we got offered him last summet and turned him down. Was in that Athletic article about our striker search 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Im sure we got offered him last summet and turned him down. Was in that Athletic article about our striker search 

What else did the article say? I don’t subscribe 

Just now, Awol said:

What else did the article say? I don’t subscribe 

I dont either 😁

Somebody posted on here and was a list of about 8-10 strikers we tried to go for but were unable to get. If i remember Maupay was overpriced, Giroud wasnt interested and Iheanacho was offered by Leicester or his agent and we said no. 

Just now, Zatman said:

I dont either 😁

Somebody posted on here and was a list of about 8-10 strikers we tried to go for but were unable to get. If i remember Maupay was overpriced, Giroud wasnt interested and Iheanacho was offered by Leicester or his agent and we said no. 

Thanks. I don’t think he’s the answer either, might not be someone we expect but hopefully a pleasant surprise. 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought it was the other way around we enquired but got turned down.

Would happily see him at Villa a massive improvement on what we have right now.

One thing I’ll say about Iheanacho is he certainly seems to like playing at Villa Park! 

Not sure he’s what we need and baring in mind I only see us buying one striker it’d be a big risk to think he’ll solve our scoring problems but he’s got plenty of talent for sure. 

The problem with Iheanacho is he doesn't always look like he can be bothered. We need a busy striker that will run all day. Look at the ones who have done well this season, Ings, Vardy, Maupay, all ready to chase everything down and force the opposition to hurry the ball forward, which can lead to more mistakes. Having a player like Wesley is good as he's more of a target man, but unless we start pressing from the front we are going to struggle.

Personally, if we keep Wesley and sell Samatta, we should go for Watkins if Brentford don't come up, plus another forward player like Sarr or Edouard.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, villaglint said:

One thing I’ll say about Iheanacho is he certainly seems to like playing at Villa Park! 

Hope that's not our transfer policy, we will also have Shane Long and Deeney then

There was a lot of talk about signing Alfredo Morelos from Rangers in the January window, not from the club as far as I know but he was mentioned on here a bit. 

He scored 29 goals across all competitions, but I did notice that his last league goal was in December and he didn't score another after that. 

He was sent off twice, but seems to know where the net is. I'm not sure he'd be right for us though. 

Just now, It's Your Round said:

There was a lot of talk about signing Alfredo Morelos from Rangers in the January window, not from the club as far as I know but he was mentioned on here a bit. 

He scored 29 goals across all competitions, but I did notice that his last league goal was in December and he didn't score another after that. 

He was sent off twice, but seems to know where the net is. I'm not sure he'd be right for us though. 

If we were tapping Rangers I'd rather pinch James Tavernier - not that RB is a priority this window.

What do you think we're after though? 

I think a seasoned quality CB like Vertonghen would be smart. 

An additional big unit to compete as a DM option. 

2 wingers and a striker. 

Guess a left back can be argued as well. 

Hopefully all a quality level above what we got. But maybe that's greedy. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

If we were tapping Rangers I'd rather pinch James Tavernier - not that RB is a priority this window.

I think it is. Elmos getting on abit and guilbert is abit inconsistent. 

I dont qant moreles. He would acore goals but get sent off 4 times a season. Imagine playing blose at the sty. 100% he would get himself sent off Too much of a gamble

Ricardo Rodriguez was on loan to PSV last season quality LB. haven’t seen him play for a couple of seasons but was a real talent and available relatively cheap. An upgrade on T&T