Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’re linked with Niclas Eliasson from Bristol City. 24, Swedish and can play LB, LW or LM. Apparently Celtic are also interested so he must be fairly cheap you’d think. Anyone know much about him? 

He ain't great.

I'd be stunned.

He can't play left back in the PL. No way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think it's safe to say that most posters on here knows that it's Werder & Baumann we are waiting on, not the player and wage demands.

If that is indeed the case then I would hope Werder Bremen and Baumann come out of this with a tarnished reputation.

But then again it is business after all.

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’re linked with Niclas Eliasson from Bristol City. 24, Swedish and can play LB, LW or LM. Apparently Celtic are also interested so he must be fairly cheap you’d think. Anyone know much about him? 

I doubt it. Apparently, just like last summer, we've had two lists of targets - one in case we're in the Premier League and another in case we're in the Championship. I believe some of the leaked info on the likes of Eliasson and Swift is from the Championship list, just like Sawyers was last summer. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think he is Celtic bound Dave, they had a bid rejected for him in January from what I read and I think they might land him.

I don't think he is a player that would fit in at this level and where we want to go, but may do a good job for Celtic?

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If that is indeed the case then I would hope Werder Bremen and Baumann come out of this with a tarnished reputation.

But then again it is business after all.

It is, absolutely and we would do the same if we were selling a car - We have a price in mind and we wouldn't rush in selling it after the first phone call and be bowled over under price, when a week later someone could come in with a better offer.

They have our offer and it's up to them if they decide to sell him, It's that simple. If not, Villa will obviously look at plan B.

The last few days of the window could still see a hype of activity for many teams yet.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I’ve been convinced this is a Kiyotake situation from when he was first linked and nothing has changed my mind since. I just don’t believe we have been in for Rashica. I think interest is there but that’s it. 

I'll take it a teeny step further. We now know that Jack had one foot out the door this whole summer. The bid just never came in. Rashica was to be Jack's replacement or at least he was option #1.  We definitely enquired, both German and English sources agree on that but that's as far as Villa took it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

I'll take it a teeny step further. We now know that Rashica has one foot out the door this whole summer. The bid has gone in. Rashica won't be Jack's replacement but option #1 in someone who can play in midfield and attack in all areas.  We've offered terms to the player, and tabled a bid.

German, Kosovan and English sources agree and we await further developments of the outcome

I've taken it another step further and FTFY.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I've taken it another step further and FTFY.  ;)

Nonsense , Jack is the only quality left sided player we are allowed to have.

If he get's injured or suspended, we just have Anwar or Trez to wear a Grealish face mask.

I mean, Rashica and Jack are exactly the same type of player as well.

Barkely or RLC are also meant to replace McGinn.

ITK

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Sarr would be an awesome signing and can happily play all across the front line and at AM. He'd be the icing on the cake for me just can't see it happening rumours of Manure and Liverpool stiffing around. Have him ahead of Benrahma and Rashica all day long...........in fact getting very bored of the Rashica talk now. 

happy kenneth williams GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Traore can play striker and Dean Smith himself has mentioned that he considers him viable cover for the role(its part of why we sold Samatta).

I'm sure we heard the same thing about Trezeguet when we signed him. But I still think natural strikers are a better option.

3 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Would be very surprised to see that happen. If they sell Klaassen then that leaves them with only a couple of midfielders (M. Eggestein, Mbom) They're already light in that position whereas they're quite well stocked in the forward positions and wouldn't miss Rashica as much (Fullkrug, Selke, Sargent, Osako, Bittencourt, Chong, J.Eggestein).

See Fullkrug scored a hat-trick for them v Schalke so we'll probably have a never ending transfer saga with him next summer. One to watch?