Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, rayk said:

That’s part of the reason he hasn’t played as many games as he should of. And remember we are talking about a player trying to break through at Chelsea.....

True but again what makes him so highly rated then? If he's not played much, how can people rate him highly? How do people know what he can do?

1 minute ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

I heard we still had one eye on a possible move for him

The Copenhagen manager was quoted as saying something along the lines of "you don't know Lange very well if you think he's going to poach one of our players with 7 days of the window remaining". And Smith also ruled it out in a press conference too. Hope we are in for him though.

4 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

True but again what makes him so highly rated then? If he's not played much, how can people rate him highly? How do people know what he can do?

I can only speak from the times I have seen him and he looked to me the closest thing I’d seen to an ‘English Viera‘ in CM/DCM.

Much like Bertrand, if we could bring him in and give him his confidence back then we could have a monster of a player.

(Obviously I’m hoping it’s a loan with an option to buy and that could be the reason for the delay - although I suspect it’s the Rice transfer).

Edited by rayk

19 minutes ago, bose said:

Barkley vs Rashica? Which one would people want if it's one or the other?

Personally I think Rashica was a possible Grealish replacement so he's off the list now. I'd take Barkley here, think he'd be great.

Barkley, regardless of ability (though I don't know much of Rashica's talent)

If he wanted to sign he would have. I'd sack him off and hopefully we have a great season without him and he cries himself to sleep

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

😭

Would be very surprised to see that happen. If they sell Klaassen then that leaves them with only a couple of midfielders (M. Eggestein, Mbom) They're already light in that position whereas they're quite well stocked in the forward positions and wouldn't miss Rashica as much (Fullkrug, Selke, Sargent, Osako, Bittencourt, Chong, J.Eggestein).

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

The Copenhagen manager was quoted as saying something along the lines of "you don't know Lange very well if you think he's going to poach one of our players with 7 days of the window remaining". And Smith also ruled it out in a press conference too. Hope we are in for him though.

If we are going for him it will be partly be why Lange was back in Copenhagen when Bertrand was having his medical.

I wonder if we buy him and then loan him back for part / the whole season (or until Engels goes) is a possibility?

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Sorry, was meant as a joke. Nelson, one eye and all that...Clearly fell flat.

• Haha 3

Imo we need cover at LW/ST and at DCM and Barkley doesn’t offer any of that. All he really does is slow down Ramsey’s development unless he is sent out on loan.

Thats why I’d prefer RLC over Barkley but we also need a player like Sarr too.

Just now, rayk said:

Imo we need cover at LW/ST and at DCM and Barkley doesn’t offer any of that. All he really does is slow down Ramsey’s development unless he is sent out on loan.

Thats why I’d prefer RLC over Barkley but we also need a player like Sarr too.

Dcm is covered by Doug and Nakamba.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Dcm is covered by Doug and Nakamba.

Agreed.

It's more of a box-to-box midfielder that we need, to slot into Hourihane's left midfield position, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Just now, rayk said:

And Nakamba is exactly why we need RLC.

We just don’t need Barkley imo.

I'd imagine Nakamba's defensive performances and stats are actually better than RLC's in a similar number of games. (Though Nakamba has probably played as many games in one season that RLC did across 2-3 seasons).

Just now, Rob182 said:

Agreed.

It's more of a box-to-box midfielder that we need, to slot into Hourihane's left midfield position, in my opinion.

Well RLC can play that role too - it’s just Barkley can’t act as cover at DCM.

RLC would also offer a massive height presence (6”3’) in CM too.

Just now, rayk said:

And Nakamba is exactly why we need RLC.

We just don’t need Barkley imo.

Unless we sold one if them,bits not happening.

I think you have to realise there are other key areas that need addressing and imo will be.

Striker and left wing and central box to box midfielder, or someone who can fill more than one role.

11 hours ago, paul514 said:

I agree I have not seen what is so awesome about him but then I don't watch Dortmund.

Not do I mate but have watched him playing for England and can't see what all the fuss is about?

19 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

😭

It is very interesting. 

Ajax have submitted a bid for Klaussen leaving Werder with two offers on the table for two players.

Will they sell one or sell both?

Looks like we will find out on October 5th. If by then our bid for Rashica isn't accepted then we still have a week left to get another target in.

7 days of that transfer window left and another international break is also upcoming.

We just need to wait for Werder to decide, but they seem convinced that "they may never see Rashica in a Werder shirt again".