Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

That's because United are suddenly linked, the world knows they are desperate and 50m is the starting price for anyone they sign.

Perhaps they don't 100% need the money from it. He is a good player, a player who was signed for 27 million a year ago.
However he is also a player who only played 23 full games last season and got relegated, it doesn't make sense for a buyer to pay nearly double what he was sold for a year ago.

If they have actually put that price on his head they must want to keep him.

8 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Overall, I’m happy with what we’ve done this window, but I think we’re one or two players short of what we probably wanted. I’m not suggesting huge great overhaul because we’ve clearly a winning formula atm, but players who can push for places. Due to the flexibility of the players we have, we can be a bit picky with where we spend our money and walk away from any clubs playing silly beggars over fees.

For me, if Jack is playing on the left, then we need another central midfielder. If we intend to move him more central at Conor’s expense, then we will need another winger. 

And then there’s the striker issue: will we go into the season with Keinan and Ollie as central strikers? If the idea is for Traore to play more centrally in the event of an injury to Ollie or Keinan, then we definitely need another wide player. 

Would like to see a couple more outgoings, too. Delighted to see Hogan go. I’m resigned to Henri sticking around - might be good for morale to have the handsome b+stard about -  but I’d really like some movement to get Kalinic or Nyland at least partly off the wage bill.

Centre back, centre mid, wide forward.

If we can't afford the fees then we need to go to the loan market.

You could loan Loftus Cheek, Tuanzebe, Sessegnon if we have no cash.

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

RLC has a future at Chelsea it has been reported. There’s no way we loan him to develop him for Chelsea. For me, that’s why Barkley is more likely as that would include the buy clause with him. 

It would be nice to have buy clauses we can activate if we wish but I really couldn't give a flying **** who we develop a player for. 

All we should worry about is how a potential signing will affect us this year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

It would be nice to have buy clauses we can activate if we wish but I really couldn't give a flying **** who we develop a player for. 

All we should worry about is how a potential signing will affect us this year.

I agree, however the club have said several times they won’t loan players to nurture them for others. That’s the basis of my opinion as to why RB is more likely than RLC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

RLC has a future at Chelsea it has been reported. There’s no way we loan him to develop him for Chelsea. For me, that’s why Barkley is more likely as that would include the buy clause with him. 

Barkley has 3 years left on his contract.
RLC has 4 years left. 

So neither would be cheap to buy; both are somewhat inconsistent (more so with injuries for RLC), and both are on big wages (~Barkley £100k pw; on about £60k pw). We could perhaps just about afford either, but I feel the sorta money we're talking could go further elsewhere. But I trust the club knows a lot more than me!

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Have we ever signed a player in the last hour of a transfer window that hasn't been shit?

Its like just before the lights went on at The Dome II nightclub at 2am, when you were 18 and you grabbed anything you could! 

urm.....Mings?

• Like 1

Any new fun twitter rumours going around?

Given Dean Smith's comments and not so subtle hint we are looking at getting in another forward who can play across the front three/wings I am expecting more incomings, figured now is around the time agents start leaking the interests to drum up competition :)

Also the thread is closed so I assume "the rash" is off? Or the mods just got weary of the spam in there and closed it till something changes?

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Any new fun twitter rumours going around?

Given Dean Smith's comments and not so subtle hint we are looking at getting in another forward who can play across the front three/wings I am expecting more incomings, figured now is around the time agents start leaking the interests to drum up competition :)

Also the thread is closed so I assume "the rash" is off? Or the mods just got weary of the spam in there and closed it till something changes?

According to some Twitter account with 13 followers rash is being announced on Thursday. 

get your it’s happening gifs ready boys and girls!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I agree, however the club have said several times they won’t loan players to nurture them for others. That’s the basis of my opinion as to why RB is more likely than RLC. 

If that is the reason we don't loan a player we need then they are being ridiculous, unless we have like 50 million left in the budget we need to use the loan market.

27 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Ryan Sessegnon not in squad tonight either - can play LWB and LW 🤔

Apparently Leeds are in for him on loan but saying that Leeds are linked to everybody surprised they haven’t linked them with Sancho yet!
Back to Sessegnon I think he’s a bit overhyped the big move hindered him yea but still he’s not all that.