Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

We have a severe lack of double barrelled names in our senior squad. There are a few in the academy which we could promote to help out that shortage. But Loftus-Cheek would certainly help out. Barkley could consider becoming Barkey-Smith or something, probs wouldn’t be interested unless he did that. 
Calvert-Lewin, Alexander-Arnold, Ward-Prowse, Maitland-Niles, Walker-Peters would all be good too.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It is very interesting. 

Ajax have submitted a bid for Klaussen leaving Werder with two offers on the table for two players.

Will they sell one or sell both?

Looks like we will find out on October 5th. If by then our bid for Rashica isn't accepted then we still have a week left to get another target in.

7 days of that transfer window left and another international break is also upcoming.

We just need to wait for Werder to decide, but they seem convinced that "they may never see Rashica in a Werder shirt again".

Reading bremens forums.they are convinced rashica will be sold this window..sure chong was brought into the squad as a direct replacement for him..werder have to sell him purely as a financial matter

22 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

😭

Meh. More transfer poker. Agree with the theory that he may be holding out for Dortmund in case of a last minute Sancho merry-go-round. 

If Villa do miss out I hope we don't get dragged into a Dutch auction for Benrahma in the final week, Brentford will dish out another dry bumming to his suitors - although I've no complaints about spending big to land Watkins. 

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It is very interesting. 

Ajax have submitted a bid for Klaussen leaving Werder with two offers on the table for two players.

Will they sell one or sell both?

Looks like we will find out on October 5th. If by then our bid for Rashica isn't accepted then we still have a week left to get another target in.

7 days of that transfer window left and another international break is also upcoming.

We just need to wait for Werder to decide, but they seem convinced that "they may never see Rashica in a Werder shirt again".

Could it be that the comment about rashica not playing in a Werder shirt was made before Ajax interest was made klaussen therefore it’s changed the landscape somewhat, therefore they may only need to sell one. 

trying to be hopeful, but it’s getting harder. 

14 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I agree. My thoughts exactly. A good start shows potential players our potential. Fulham and WBA look doomed so players would need their head checking signing there long term. 

Fulham & WBA may also be reluctant to spend big and pay high wages, with one foot already hovering above the relegation trap door, albeit after only a couple of games. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Meh. More transfer poker. Agree with the theory that he may be holding out for Dortmund in case of a last minute Sancho merry-go-round. 

If Villa do miss out I hope we don't get dragged into a Dutch auction for Benrahma in the final week, Brentford will dish out another dry bumming to his suitors - although I've no complaints about spending big to land Watkins. 

rik mayall GIF

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, rayk said:

Well RLC can play that role too - it’s just Barkley can’t act as cover at DCM.

RLC would also offer a massive height presence (6”3’) in CM too.

RLC barely plays dcm. He’s mainly a box to box cm.

As for the height, Barkley is hardly a midget, he’s 6cm (according to transfermarkt), so about half an inch shorter than RLC

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Terrible for Fulham

What player in his right mind would join that horror show? They already look set for a relegation dog fight.

Sad for them isn't it? ;) I'm not sure they look set for a relegation fight though, they don't seem to have much fight in them just yet. 

9 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Could it be that the comment about rashica not playing in a Werder shirt was made before Ajax interest was made klaussen therefore it’s changed the landscape somewhat, therefore they may only need to sell one. 

It was yes.

They may well do but depends what their financial situation is.. and would €12m be enough? They may forecast further losses on the horizon and may need to sell both, we will soon know (frustraingly) what they decide to do.

Again, the talk of Rashica and wages is complete bollocks.

We wouldn't have tabled a bid if the terms didn't suit the player to begin with, it would have been pointless!

I think it's safe to say that most posters on here knows that it's Werder & Baumann we are waiting on, not the player and wage demands.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 3

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

I like Sarr, and think he ticks a lot of boxes.

I would think Ramsey must be pushing for a first team place at some point. He has done well, though he has not come up against the better PL teams yet.

Sarr: hell yes. 

Ramsey: I'd like him to get half a season of first team starts in the Championship, the other half subbing on for us when a game is fairly 'safe'. Better for him to build up experience gradually this season without blowing his confidence if he dropped a clanger and cost us a few points. Gonna be a player though and will be good to have another regular starter eventually from the academy.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I’ve been convinced this is a Kiyotake situation from when he was first linked and nothing has changed my mind since. I just don’t believe we have been in for Rashica. I think interest is there but that’s it. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't WB confirm we had bid? 

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We have a severe lack of double barrelled names in our senior squad. There are a few in the academy which we could promote to help out that shortage. But Loftus-Cheek would certainly help out. Barkley could consider becoming Barkey-Smith or something, probs wouldn’t be interested unless he did that. 
Calvert-Lewin, Alexander-Arnold, Ward-Prowse, Maitland-Niles, Walker-Peters would all be good too.

Meh I prefer traditional single barrel surnames, at leats we have exotic names like Wesley and Trezeguet 

9 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I’ve been convinced this is a Kiyotake situation from when he was first linked and nothing has changed my mind since. I just don’t believe we have been in for Rashica. I think interest is there but that’s it. 

You're playing blind then.

As many other fans are.

Even if it doesn't happen, the insinuation that we were never in is madness IMO.

Multiple reputable journos have commented on it.

Bremen themselves have commented on it.

Our own in house sources have given credence to it.

Add to that, we have been linked since last year! ( Another fact I notice people keep brushing under the carpet )

• Thanks 2