Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

24 minutes ago, John said:

When we get a left winger, a midfield player and if Targett gets a long term injury, for me. 

I'd add another striker to the list of priorities before LB too.

1) CM

2) LW

3) ST (For 3+ months we have Watkins and Davis only).

4) LB

5) If we're being greedy, another CB. (But personally, I'm happy with the Mings/Hause Engels/Konsa options)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

His post match interview was very unprofessional 

He looked a broken man walking off that pitch at half time.

He did well in getting them back up to the PL but I would walk now if I was him.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You're playing blind then.

As many other fans are.

Even if it doesn't happen, the insinuation that we were never in is madness IMO.

Multiple reputable journos have commented on it.

Bremen themselves have commented on it.

Our own in house sources have given credence to it.

Add to that, we have been linked since last year! ( Another fact I notice people keep brushing under the carpet )

@dudevillaisnice  @AvfcRigo82 to add ( At the time they wanted over 30 million ) - Story from December 6th 2019.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-rashica-17379426

Aston Villa are being linked with Werder Bremen’s winger Milot Rashica ahead of January.

According to Eurosport, Rashica has emerged as a ‘priority target’ for Villa as Dean Smith’s side finalise their plans for the upcoming transfer window.

Rashica, who played for Kosovo against England last month, is enjoying a superb campaign in the Bundesliga.

Werder are sat just two points above the relegation zone but Rashica, who can also play as an attacking midfielder or forward, has scored six goals and provided three assists in just nine league games.

However, it is reported Werder will demand north of £30m for the 23-year-old who joined them from Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem in January 2018.

That would seem to be well above what Villa are willing to spend on a single player in January. BirminghamLive understands the club are expecting to be fairly quiet during the winter window having invested significantly ahead of the Premier League season.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It is very interesting. 

Ajax have submitted a bid for Klaussen leaving Werder with two offers on the table for two players.

Will they sell one or sell both?

Looks like we will find out on October 5th. If by then our bid for Rashica isn't accepted then we still have a week left to get another target in.

7 days of that transfer window left and another international break is also upcoming.

We just need to wait for Werder to decide, but they seem convinced that "they may never see Rashica in a Werder shirt again".

Knowing Werder Bremen after following them for quite a few years, it would not surprise me if they both were sold. Just look at the list of players they've had in the last 15 years that have been sold for less than they were worth.

Klaassen was arguably their most important player last season too. He's an incredibly hard worker in the middle of the pitch and was second in the whole league for total distance covered. They'd miss him badly, I think.

The whole point of them having to sell Rashica was to raise funds to buy another central midfielder as they are already light there even with Klaassen. Selling Klaassen instead (and for less money than they'd sell Rashica) would only mean they'd have to buy two central midfielders. For that reason, I'd still make Rashica the overwhelming favourite to be sold but knowing Werder, I wouldn't rule out both going. I've said all summer that Rashica will leave and I stand by that.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I recon Parker will be sacked fairly soon

100%

The chairman’s tweet has already sealed his fate. 

It looks like Fulham want to play how we started last season, more focussed on attacking then defence, they played some nice stuff last night. 

Transfer wise I’ve give up hope of Rashica signing, but can see RLC or Barkley arriving, or maybe a fair few more, Dean hasn’t exactly played it down that we are after more players (journos take note)

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He looked a broken man walking off that pitch at half time.

He did well in getting them back up to the PL but I would walk now if I was him.

To be fair, alarm bells sounded for me in one of his first interviews ( After Leeds loss I think? ).

He was trying to be honest, but he said something like " We know we will lose alot more games than we win at this level but" etc.

He was being too resigned for me.

I get the trying to be honest, however I don't think that's a good mentality to share with your dressing room or board.

Even if it's true, why say it publicly? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I’ve been convinced this is a Kiyotake situation from when he was first linked and nothing has changed my mind since. I just don’t believe we have been in for Rashica. I think interest is there but that’s it. 

I don't know the finer points. But IMO this always looked unlikely to come to anything.

14 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'd add another striker to the list of priorities before LB too.

1) CM

2) LW

3) ST (For 3+ months we have Watkins and Davis only).

4) LB

5) If we're being greedy, another CB. (But personally, I'm happy with the Mings/Hause Engels/Konsa options)

Traore can play striker and Dean Smith himself has mentioned that he considers him viable cover for the role(its part of why we sold Samatta).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, alarm bells sounded for me in one of his first interviews ( After Leeds loss I think? ).

He was trying to be honest, but he said something like " We know we will lose alot more games than we win at this level but" etc.

He was being too resigned for me.

I get the trying to be honest, however I don't think that's a good mentality to share with your dressing room or board.

Even if it's true, why say it publicly? 

“They’re a good bunch of lads but”. Ring any bells? 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, bose said:

How so? Didn't see it.

He was all over the place really basically said the squad wasn’t up for it and took a shot at Tony Khan and his recruitment only to go on and praise his players for a positive performance after. He looked broken and very stressed doubt that will rub off well on the players,  instead of blaming recruitment why not set his team up better? Their performance last night was almost reminiscent of us last year we punished them the same way as teams punished us through counter attacking and keeping our shape, seems fulham have learned nothing from their previous premier league experience. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I like Sarr, and think he ticks a lot of boxes.

I would think Ramsey must be pushing for a first team place at some point. He has done well, though he has not come up against the better PL teams yet.

Sarr would be an awesome signing and can happily play all across the front line and at AM. He'd be the icing on the cake for me just can't see it happening rumours of Manure and Liverpool stiffing around. Have him ahead of Benrahma and Rashica all day long...........in fact getting very bored of the Rashica talk now. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’re right, they were honest not good. Another poor managerial appointment that cost us for years later. Wasn’t it him that sold Crouch for about £1.47? 

Look. We've got a small squad here. We know what we have to work with. They're an honest bunch of lads. (BUT THEY ARE ABSOLUTE SHITE)

God how I despised that man towards the end.

• Like 2