Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Kingman said:

He would be an upgrade on coco and crusty who currently occupie the wings 😂

Assuming you mean Trez and AEG not Jack (!) I’m not so sure (particularly Trez, who showed us what he can do post lockdown) and We’re probably paying them less combined that he’s on per week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Better than Douglas Luis, SJM and Jack?

I wasn’t thinking of Jack. More thinking Conor, Lansbury and Nakamba.

If Dougie continues the trajectory he’s currently on he looks like he’ll be a far better player. Difficult to compare him to SJM as he didn’t have the best year last year. 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Traore on his way.

I read we were waiting on his permit determination on Saturday.

Either way I suspect it’s all too late to be considered for contention on Monday which is a shame as it’s a game we should be targeting for a result.

Edited by thunderball

I think Ross Barkley has looked like a really good player everytime I've seen him play, but always wondered why he doesn't get more games and often doesn't start the games.

Big and strong, looks a bit of a unit, which we need. Can't get my head round if he is good looking or not though, I leave that one for @sir_gary_cahill

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think Ross Barkley has looked like a really good player everytime I've seen him play, but always wondered why he doesn't get more games and often doesn't start the games.

Big and strong, looks a bit of a unit, which we need. Can't get my head round if he is good looking or not though, I leave that one for @sir_gary_cahill

i think the criticism against Barkley, is that he does a lot of nice tricks/runs etc, but his end product is at best erratic.

on top of that, he has one of those faces you just cant help but want to punch.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I read we were waiting on his permit determination on Saturday.

Either way I suspect it’s all too late to be considered for contention on Monday which is a shame as it’s a game we should be targeting for a result.

It is. Friday at 12 is the cut off.

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Some injuries, plus it's Chelsea. They operate on a very different level to us, one we haven't even sniffed at in a decade*

*ever

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Assuming you mean Trez and AEG not Jack (!) I’m not so sure (particularly Trez, who showed us what he can do post lockdown) and We’re probably paying them less combined that he’s on per week.

Exactly this. We might be paying the transfer fees, but it's the wages we have to build up gradually. Bring in this guy, we have to shift 3, 4 or 5 people to pay his wages - and if he is as shit as he's been for years, we're Aston Villa 2015/16 again.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Apparently Walcott is available 

This would be a signing we'd make during the MON era.

Being linked to Rashica, but signing Walcott would be disappointing. However, nothing compares to us being linked to Luiz Suarez in the January window when we signed Heskey.

Good times.

• Like 1