Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 hours ago, bose said:

A random guy on reddit (I know, I know) says Barkley is coming, says he knows through Shakespeare. 

Probably nothing in it, but very random.

I think Barkley would be a very decent signing - £100K or thereabouts shouldn't be a problem, prem experience, international experience, whats not to like? Quality addition.

A few on twitter backing this up...

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think Barkley would be a very decent signing - £100K or thereabouts shouldn't be a problem, prem experience, international experience, whats not to like? Quality addition.

A few on twitter backing this up...

That account was created like... a week ago.

Just now, JPAngel said:

That account was created like... a week ago.

August 2019, but Ignore it then?

Who knows? He has links to Tranmere (Barkley is from Liverpool), doesnt post much, especially not Football, seems to have no reason to bait, very random to be without cause.

• Like 1

Just now, thunderball said:

August 2019, but Ignore it then?

Who knows? He has links to Tranmere (Barkley is from Liverpool), doesnt post much, especially not Football, seems to have no reason to bait, very random to be without cause.

Alright, chill out :lol:. His first post was five days ago.

Report: Aston Villa weighing up move for Brentford left-back and West Ham United target Rico Henry

https://sportslens.com/report-aston-villa-weighing-up-move-for-brentford-left-back-and-west-ham-united-target-rico-henry/313861/

I'm assuming Taylor put LB/Backup search into warp speed.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Alright, chill out :lol:. His first post was five days ago.

Which, if anything suggests he might be telling the truth. I mean, there are sad people out there but who would create an account on Twitter, wait a year before posting anything and then pretend to be ITK about Villa signing Barkley. Sometimes these ones are so random they can only be true.

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Exactly £20,000,000 queens english pounds to be exact

I'm not sure anyone wants to do the transfer dance with Banana again, but if we can fast-forward that part then Henry would be a great addition. Agree with those saying last night should be a wake up call over our vulnerability at LB if Targett gets injured at some point this season - like asking whether the sun will rise tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

I'm not sure anyone wants to do the transfer dance with Banana again, but if we can fast-forward that part then Henry would be a great addition. Agree with those saying last night should be a wake up call over our vulnerability at LB if Targett gets injured at some point this season - like asking whether the sun will rise tomorrow.

The banana dance is nothing compared to the Rashica Opera!

According to YorkshireAVFC on Johnny Goulds podcast, we can spend up to £240m nett this window (due to delayed FFP) but would need to sell next summer, but more sensibly we could spend £120m-£140m nett this window and raise wages by about £20m per year, and not have to worry about offloading next summer.

Its obvious we are going to need to sell this window: Hogan, Guilbert and Samatta have value; Jota and Lansbury will be more difficult to shift. I think Nakamba showed he is worth keeping last night. Hourihane might also be considered surplus depending on who arrives.