Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We are in no position to turn down players like Ross Barkley if we can get him. Quality player who really shouldnt be moving to the last placed premier league team. I would be happy with him!

Yeah he’d be a great signing for a team in our position. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We are in no position to turn down players like Ross Barkley if we can get him. Quality player who really shouldnt be moving to the last placed premier league team. I would be happy with him!

I just remember - grealish shimmying, dropping his shoulder, Barkley trying to predict which way he was going to go , fell flat on his arse - much to the amusement of JG and the Holte End. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Would depend on the deal

And my instant snapshot opinion would be that it's unlikely we'd get a good one, wages rumoured to be £80-100k a week which I can believe with Chelsea

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

However he is definitely better than pretty much everyone we have in midfield and would certainly contribute to us being not relegation candidates so its a yes from me

Better than Douglas Luis, SJM and Jack?

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Actually why are we talking about Barkley, has he been linked?

Very weak link. I think it would be a fabulous signing and probably even more of a statement than Rashica. 

Cant see it happening though. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I would like that move but I still think it is pretty far fetched. If any other club came in for him, I'd doubt he'd be coming here as he's a Small Heath fan. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am curious to know an update on the feeling at the office where you work @KMitch.

It was over a week ago that there was talk of someone from Juventus arriving, someone that's done it all.

Is that vibe still present?

I'm not ITK or anything and I haven't heard anything regarding this.  I was just putting 2 & 2 together of rumors swirling around the Villa Twittersphere and Greg Evans's comment about wanting to sign an expensive CM from the continent.  

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I'm not ITK or anything and I haven't heard anything regarding this.  I was just putting 2 & 2 together of rumors swirling around the Villa Twittersphere and Greg Evans's comment about wanting to sign an expensive CM from the continent.  

Fair do's pal.

27 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Actually why are we talking about Barkley, has he been linked?

Think someone on Reddit said they’d heard it was happening. Gathered pace as a rumour with no one adding extra knowledge. Then people placing bets on it based on the speculation, then people getting excited as we are then odds on to make a signing. 

No journo has linked us. 

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Think someone on Reddit said they’d heard it was happening. Gathered pace as a rumour with no one adding extra knowledge. Then people placing bets on it based on the speculation, then people getting excited as we are then odds on to make a signing. 

No journo has linked us. 

Thanks, tenuous then you might say!

• Like 1