Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m not here to give a strong view on Barkley and there is probably something in what you say (love that Merson would be the one pointing to a player’s diet!) but worth remembering he played about 40 games for Chelsea the season before last and 30+ last season. Also in 2019 played eight times for England and scored four goals. He hasn’t become the greatest midfielder of his generation by any means but he hasn’t been doing nothing. Would be a decent signing I think.

Take it your talking about Paul Merson, if so that guy never shuts up in the media, always coming out about Jack a d how he needs to leave or stop being a school captain at Villa, does my head in both him and Sutton.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Take it your talking about Paul Merson, if so that guy never shuts up in the media, always coming out about Jack a d how he needs to leave or stop being a school captain at Villa, does my head in both him and Sutton.

I don’t like him either, he has a good story or two but his actual opinion on football isn’t worth listening to much. Still better than Clinton Morrison mind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So were to sign Brewster as bid accepted by the Pool, not sure how I feel about this one, what you guys reckon??

Think he’d be a great signing as we already have Watkins - wouldn’t want to pin all our hopes on him but as we have other options why not give it a shot... But I thought Sheff United were the ones with a bid accepted?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So were to sign Brewster as bid accepted by the Pool, not sure how I feel about this one, what you guys reckon??

It’s Sheffield United who had a bid accepted, I don’t think he is coming here, I don’t think we have even bid for him or that we are looking for another striker.

It wouldn’t be the best use of whatever cash we have left after the wide forwards it’s centre back, left back and a player who can play defensive midfield or regular midfield that we need.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

It’s being reported Spurs are close to signing a new LB? If true, anyone fancy Sessegnon on loan with an option to buy? I really think there’s a player in there. Challenging with Targett could bring out the best in him.

I don’t think he is a left back I think at best he is a wing back if not a left midfielder 

19 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I don’t think he is a left back I think at best he is a wing back if not a left midfielder 

A bit like Cash maybe then? I’m not sure as I didn’t watch much of Forrest over the last few seasons so I don’t know much about him.

Edited by 7392craig

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

A bit like Cash maybe then? I’m not sure as I didn’t watch much of Forrest over the last few seasons so I don’t know much about him.

I think Ryan is more attacking that cash, he may end up being a wide forward.

He is worth a go IF you have the money spare IMO but not for us this summer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 7392craig said:

I remember Merson on tv years ago talking about Barkley. Said he was working as a pundit for an England game when Barkley was on the bench. Said he saw him walking back to his room with a 12 box of crispy cremes, and he wasn’t surprised that he wasn’t a regular for England. He’s very talented, but I’ve always wondered why he’s never kicked on. It’s only so long he can be a prospect.

Well he looks good on it, he looks as fit as anyone in the division?

If we have ambition we have expect diminishing returns on our outlay. Barkley would maybe cost £30m and £100k p.w. but that’s not much for a 26 y.o. International currently good enough to play plenty of games at Chelsea’s level.

Theres a lot of nonsense being spoken on here about him, a bit like Traore, both improve us massively. 

• Like 3

I think Barkley would definitely be a useful addition. Probably not on his wages, but let’s be honest, none of us know exactly what they are. 
I think we need to remember where we are and where we’re going. We aren’t signing players now to compete for the title, we are signing players to improve... and I think Barkley would do that. I think it’s probably just his agent touting for a move since they have signed a fair few players and he’s likely slipped down the pecking order. But to suggest it wouldn’t be a bit of a coup for a team that finished 17th to buy a starting midfielder from the top four seems wrong to me.

• Like 2