Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

22 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

That's like Rashica's goal against Bayern 

Anyone who thinks Barkley is a poor footballer must be comparing him to Messi or Ronaldo. He would walk straight into our first XI and probably be ONE OF OUR best players. 

Well he ain't better than Grealish, McGinn or Luiz so I'm not sure where he's playing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yes! On here Grealish is regarded as being a combination of Pele, Maradona, Messi & Ronaldo. 

Throw in a Baggio and as Gabby rightfully say's....Iniesta! We could then be talking about the same Jack. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

This would be the obvious if we do t sign two wide forwards

Have you seen those other football teams much better than us who bring subs on who aren't rubbish? When they get injuries they put those players in too. It's a good idea.

• Like 4

Barkley would be seen as upgrade on Hourihane who might not be viewed as a first choice currently but he started 20 + games last season in the league.

I imagine against top 8 teams we'll still see Jack played wide more often than not so that allows 3cms so potential of Luiz, McGinn, Barkley.

Personally I'd be looking for a DM more than an attacking minded CM as with all the forwards and wide players we're getting in we should have enough goals from final third this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Have you seen those other football teams much better than us who bring subs on who aren't rubbish? When they get injuries they put those players in too. It's a good idea.

Obviously but at the same time I have also seen those teams that have superior first 11's, its a good idea to go down that route too.

If you have Konsa, McGinn and Targett on the bench you would know we have signed a good quality player to take their spots.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Barkley would be seen as upgrade on Hourihane who might not be viewed as a first choice currently but he started 20 + games last season in the league.

I imagine against top 8 teams we'll still see Jack played wide more often than not so that allows 3cms so potential of Luiz, McGinn, Barkley.

Personally I'd be looking for a DM more than an attacking minded CM as with all the forwards and wide players we're getting in we should have enough goals from final third this year.

funny enough me too.....or both.....I'm getting like Oliver twist.

Edited by TRO

I remember Merson on tv years ago talking about Barkley. Said he was working as a pundit for an England game when Barkley was on the bench. Said he saw him walking back to his room with a 12 box of crispy cremes, and he wasn’t surprised that he wasn’t a regular for England. He’s very talented, but I’ve always wondered why he’s never kicked on. It’s only so long he can be a prospect.

Edited by 7392craig

5 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I remember Merson on tv years ago talking about Barkley. Said he was working as a pundit for an England game when Barkley was on the bench. Said he saw him walking back to his room with a 12 box of crispy cremes, and he wasn’t surprised that he wasn’t a regular for England. He’s very talented, but I’ve always wondered why he’s never kicked on. It’s only so long he can be a prospect.

I’m not here to give a strong view on Barkley and there is probably something in what you say (love that Merson would be the one pointing to a player’s diet!) but worth remembering he played about 40 games for Chelsea the season before last and 30+ last season. Also in 2019 played eight times for England and scored four goals. He hasn’t become the greatest midfielder of his generation by any means but he hasn’t been doing nothing. Would be a decent signing I think.

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Poor Benrahma, Villa keep being linked and linked season after season then we just buy someone else, we may buy him when we have bought down to ther youth squad and started dipping there.

You can see Smith never got excited about Benrahma as he obviously did over Watkins and Konsa, wonder what they offered that Rahma could not 🤔

Edited by Dave-R

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

We are in no position to turn down players like Ross Barkley if we can get him. Quality player who really shouldnt be moving to the last placed premier league team. I would be happy with him!

I see someone got there big bags on with lots of inflation inside.

4 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

so could he do well at NASA?

Do you want to be the one going around asking if there rocket needs polishing, way to many rockets and ones that explodes god knows how many miles per hour?? I'm getting a scary movie vision of being stuck to the ceiling on that one but actually being shot into out of space all while the progidy song (out of space) is playing.

34 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Poor Benrahma, Villa keep being linked and linked season after season then we just buy someone else, we may buy him when we have bought down to ther youth squad and started dipping there.

You can see Smith never got excited about Benrahma as he obviously did over Watkins and Konsa, wonder what they offered that Rahma could not 🤔

He was definitely interested in getting him last season. Not sure about this one though.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m not here to give a strong view on Barkley and there is probably something in what you say (love that Merson would be the one pointing to a player’s diet!) but worth remembering he played about 40 games for Chelsea the season before last and 30+ last season. Also in 2019 played eight times for England and scored four goals. He hasn’t become the greatest midfielder of his generation by any means but he hasn’t been doing nothing. Would be a decent signing I think.

I agree. Maybe the prospect thing was a bit harsh on my behalf, but you see my point. It’s not his talent I’m questioning, it’s his mentality. And I’ve questioned that since he left Everton, but that’s besides the point. He’s definitely a great signing for someone like us if we could get him going, I don’t know where we’d play him though.

(in midfield preferably) 😉