Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Was very highly rated but didn't he have lots of injury problems a few years ago? Can't believe he's still only 27.

Had a shoulder injury at the end of the 18/19 season IIRC, which is why Benfica ultimately decided not to buy him last summer. I wouldn't be put off by that, personally, as he was very impressive again when he recovered.

• Like 1

Perin was my keeper in my Master League save in like PES 2016/17 days when Villa conquered the world. Promising CB partnership of Okore - Marquinhos grew into a world class one. Crazy how that worked out in real life. Opposite directions for the 2 of them. Good times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, he's 4th choice back up, when we play lower league clubs in the cup and I lazily say they got a bit longer and physical hause and his ball magnet head comes in and should be fine 

I also think Luiz playing better in the middle and wanting the ball more and more should help the likes of hause, if he has Luiz open 5 yards in front of him and still goes long and aimless then we have a problem but I don't think he will 

For raw defending, I think Hause is our best centre back. Problem with him is the dwelling on the ball, taking too much time and too many touches.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Yep, he had a good 6 months on loan at Genoa, and won't fancy being 3rd choice behind Szczesny and Buffon. Great keeper

Yep...  Would be my guess at who we're after too.  Would be an excellent signing to compete with Heaton.  

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Just want to ask you all this. If Villa sign Reina, Cash, Rashica, McKennie and Watkins, will that be deemed enough for this window? 

Dunno who Cash is, but Rashica/McKennie/Watkins would all be quality signings imo.

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Just want to ask you all this. If Villa sign Reina, Cash, Rashica, McKennie and Watkins, will that be deemed enough for this window? 

No we need a natural right winger. Rashica is more of a LW/SS type of player so we could really do with someone like Buendia, benrahma can play there but I would prefer Buendia over him for their respective prices and for Buendia's proven dribbling and chance creation ability in the prem. 

I also wouldn't want reina. There are better options available for lesser wages and unless we expect Heaton to be crocked we don't need experience we need potential in goal. Getting a 22-24 year old keeper who has proven himself in the championship/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue 1 or La Liga would be a good signing to me if they were under 10 million. 

17 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

still feel like we would be a bit short up top. Also think that there are other keepers out there that would represent better value for money than Reina. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Having not heard of two of them and only seen YouTube reels of the others I can confirm I would be delighted.

Edit: just googled who Cash is - Nottingham Forest right back. Not going to happen. Guilbert is Dean’s first choice, Elmo ok backup. It will be very very very low on his list to sign a right back (cue MON jokes).

Edited by Adam2003

49 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

For raw defending, I think Hause is our best centre back. Problem with him is the dwelling on the ball, taking too much time and too many touches.

Agreed, would add he picks a pass like a shire horse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Yeah that would be a decent window i think. I wouldn't sign Reina though if Heaton is fit. 

35 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

We won't be finishing in the bottom half if we sign Rashica, McKennie and Watkins.

1 minute ago, Villastine said:

We should go in for Ben White, not our biggest priority position but it would weaken Leeds and potentially Brighton!

16 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Having not heard of two of them and only seen YouTube reels of the others I can confirm I would be delighted.

Edit: just googled who Cash is - Nottingham Forest right back. Not going to happen. Guilbert is Dean’s first choice, Elmo ok backup. It will be very very very low on his list to sign a right back (cue MON jokes).

It should be very high on his list though. Guilbert doesn't inspire confidence, he's a bit dodgy and looks from a fitness and conditioning standpoint that he struggles with the pace of the PL. Cash is a converted RB only last season also so we could put him on the wing too if we wanted to. Elmo, solid but he's getting up in years.