Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Of the players we've been linked with, If we start the season with a 6 like this I'll be happy:

........................Luiz........................

...........SJM.........McKennie..........

Rashica................................Jack

....................Edouard.....................

If we start with that front six, I'll be positively giddy.

Edited by JamieZ
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Do this and we're a top half team. But it does look like it would have to be a near perfect window for that to happen and at Villa, we don't do those 😂

You're not wrong 😬 I think it's possible we could get them, but will have to be a really good window as you say. Would get the fans excited for the new season that's for sure. 

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Is anyone else not fully convinced by Konsa... I mean he got a lot better after the break but he still made a few silly errors. Should we be looking for a new CB partner for Mings too? I saw Engels in training, but not sure if he’s back in the fold or not.

I like Konsa and have no doubt that he'll be at the necessary standard before long, but definitely agree with you. Honestly think that had Antonio put that chance away on the final day and we went down that there'd be a very different general consensus on him (not that it would be correct either, mind).

I'm not necessarily worried by the idea of going into the season with him partnering Mings, but I'm definitely not convinced and wouldn't say no to the idea of getting a more ready-made replacement in despite there obviously being more pressing areas of the squad to address.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

I like Konsa and have no doubt that he'll be at the necessary standard before long, but definitely agree with you. Honestly think that had Antonio put that chance away on the final day and we went down that there'd be a very different general consensus on him (not that it would be correct either, mind).

I'm not necessarily worried by the idea of going into the season with him partnering Mings, but I'm definitely not convinced and wouldn't say no to the idea of getting a more ready-made replacement in despite there obviously being more pressing areas of the squad to address.

Very well put. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Is he good enough to be cover for Heaton? 

Potentially good enough to start, assuming Heaton takes a bit of time to get back to form. Was crazy good when he filled in for Leno. Would be a very strange move to him, perhaps a short term loan.

How reliable is @S-PlattITK? 

1 minute ago, SeanVilla said:

Potentially good enough to start, assuming Heaton takes a bit of time to get back to form. Was crazy good when he filled in for Leno. Would be a very strange move to him, perhaps a short term loan.

How reliable is @S-PlattITK? 

You're talking about the same goalkeeper that's been on loan to Reading right? 

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You're talking about the same goalkeeper that's been on loan to Reading right? 

He did well at Reading. I used to sit next to a Reading fan at work and he was one of their few bright spots. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Lyon looking to offload loads of players. They could be facing a 180 million euro loss. So depay for 30 million seems feasible. Would be a quality signing for us I think seeing as he can play left wing or upfront. 

We won’t be signing Depay. 

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Is anyone else not fully convinced by Konsa... I mean he got a lot better after the break but he still made a few silly errors. Should we be looking for a new CB partner for Mings too? I saw Engels in training, but not sure if he’s back in the fold or not.

My take on our center back situation. I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to for sure upgrade at the back. But but that token, upgrading there would mean that we are spending probably £25M + on a new CB, which in turn likely takes away some of our transfer budget for areas of more need (striker, winger, midfield). 

Oh and signing Tuanzebe would not be an upgrade, that would be a sideways move and IMO a waste of money. We don't need another body in the position just for the sake of it. 

• Like 2