Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

We currently have AEG, Trez, Jota and Grealish.

it can be argued that someone those aren’t good enough and others don’t suit playing as a wide forward.

two starting wide forwards is priority one.

I disagree, one new one is plenty.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Which one? One of them went to China because his body can't handle the rigors of English football anymore, and the other just dazzled in the CL and has a queue of big clubs after his signature.

The one at Lyon

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

I disagree, one new one is plenty.

I’d like two new wide players, personally.

All it takes is for one injury or for us to switch Grealish to Centre-Mid again and we’ll be relying on Trez or El Ghazi. Both are okay as squad players, but are far from first team quality.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’d like two new wide players, personally.

All it takes is for one injury or for us to switch Grealish to Centre-Mid again and we’ll be relying on Trez or El Ghazi. Both are okay as squad players, but are far from first team quality.

I think it leaves too much work in the middle to play 2 at one time.......one can switch flanks to gain advantage.....and Grealish can go wide on occasions.

unless we have top quality ones....they get underused and become passengers.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Yeah, look at all those amazing players Leeds have signed. 

Not saying it's be all and end all but the quality and reputation of a manager is definitely a factor in a player's decision.

You can't say that it isn't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Not really knowing much about McKennie, do people think a midfield three of him, Luiz and McGinn would work.

Who would you expect to play deeper out of Luiz and McKennie?

McKennie will be everywhere if the system allows. That's both a strength and a weakness. He's a true box-to-box mid instinctively, though he's filled in at just about every position aside from maybe left back and keeper. Could work nicely with Doug holding and orchestrating behind him and SJM taking turns bursting forward or even with SJM as more of an outright attacking mid against weaker teams. He'd bring a lot more raw physicality and grit than we currently have, that's for certain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not saying it's be all and end all but the quality and reputation of a manager is definitely a factor in a player's decision.

You can't say that it isn't.

Looked like a pretty categorical statement you were making to me.

I'm not saying it's not a factor, I'm saying if you open your eyes you'll notice Chelsea are the only team to do good business so far (and they both had release clauses) so there are a hell of a lot more factors at play.