Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

34 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Just want to ask you all this. If Villa sign Reina, Cash, Rashica, McKennie and Watkins, will that be deemed enough for this window? 

Massive step forward but we need a RW/RF, and Watkins would come in as a striker (unless we got Edouard or A.N. Other too). I’d bin Cash at 15M and take Buendia for 20M. Then we’d be cooking on gas next season - I’d also really like Rico Henry or Sessegnon at LB, but greed/FFP. 

It's a shame the Aaron Hickey trail went a bit cold. He's definetely off to Bayern by the latest reports. On one had you are thinking, what's he at, he'll never get a look in. On the other, look at alphonso davies. Cracking prospect and can see why bayern would be interested. He's bull strong, really good defensively and wants to attack when in possession.

20 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

It should be very high on his list though. Guilbert doesn't inspire confidence, he's a bit dodgy and looks from a fitness and conditioning standpoint that he struggles with the pace of the PL. Cash is a converted RB only last season also so we could put him on the wing too if we wanted to. Elmo, solid but he's getting up in years.

He splits opinion on here but I just think there are so many positions higher on the list than a player who generally did ok and we can expect to improve. Of course we should always be looking to improve all over the pitch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

No we need a natural right winger. Rashica is more of a LW/SS type of player so we could really do with someone like Buendia, benrahma can play there but I would prefer Buendia over him for their respective prices and for Buendia's proven dribbling and chance creation ability in the prem. 

I also wouldn't want reina. There are better options available for lesser wages and unless we expect Heaton to be crocked we don't need experience we need potential in goal. Getting a 22-24 year old keeper who has proven himself in the championship/Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue 1 or La Liga would be a good signing to me if they were under 10 million. 

Its much easier to negate dribbling.....pace is what frightens defenders......we need a pacy winger.

a bit of both ideally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Not sure if serious? These guys are on monstrous wages and are the last players we'd be in for. If anyone it'll be Rugani/Perin/Romero/De Sciglio

sounds like a bunch of tenors.

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Just want to ask you all this. If Villa sign Reina, Cash, Rashica, McKennie and Watkins, will that be deemed enough for this window? 

Absolutely not we MUST sign two wide forward of which one must be a natural on the right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Absolutely not we MUST sign two wide forward of which one must be a natural on the right.

2?......are we to have a team full of wingers?

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We currently have AEG, Trez, Jota and Grealish.

it can be argued that someone those aren’t good enough and others don’t suit playing as a wide forward.

two starting wide forwards is priority one.

Just been reading the Man utd forums, most seem to want Sancho and Grealish but apparently they have moved from them and onto Brooks and King and UTD fans are not happy one bit lol.

Alot are saying this is turning up to be there worst transfer window since 2013.

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Well we could sell Ghazi and Jota and buy your two Wingers, but theres no harm in having them around for this season either.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Just been reading the Man utd forums, most seem to want Sancho and Grealish but apparently they have moved from them and onto Brooks and King and UTD fans are not happy one bit lol.

Alot are saying this is turning up to be there worst transfer window since 2013.

That be hilarous of they ended up with those two. But i do think they will get one of sancho or grealish unfortunately 

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That be hilarous of they ended up with those two. But i do think they will get one of sancho or grealish unfortunately 

Yes I also think it would be hilarious in signing King and Brooks, I think they have a chance of landing Sancho, Grealish not a chance in hell and neither do there fans by looks of there post.

They say we priced him out of a move and no one is going to fork the 80 mill up. Grealish loves the hero status at Villa and will not leave because of that and unless a club offer him around 200k a week then it wont happen.

Alot of fans say he would fit in many places in there team, that they want a smart player who can slow a game down because most of the time they work to fast.

Personally I dont think Grealish would go to them and like there fans I do not think he will go for even 100 mill because we want to keep him.

I did read an awful lot of one man army posts, its bloody annoying, and hope we bring some decent talent to plonk around Grealish, where these players will do some good in the team because those one man army posts need to go.

Edited by Dave-R

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Moussa Dembele......go on Villa test the water with a bid.

lets shake a few out.

Which one? One of them went to China because his body can't handle the rigors of English football anymore, and the other just dazzled in the CL and has a queue of big clubs after his signature.

• Like 1

One thing that's bugging me with utd is they seem to think they can give us there trash to lower Grealish price down. Why on earth do they think they can give us someone who they no longer want and we would be ok with that.

The only thing I can see them pushing a player through in a swap deal is if they give us the pick of the litter and that's not going to happen is it.

I'm not sure I'd even sell Grealish for even a pick of my choice from UTD, the way I see it is Grealish works for us and he would no doubt work for utd. Whoever we got from utd i could see us coming off worse and that player we swapped Jack for would not work well for us, i can just feel it.

• Like 1