Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 minutes ago, Gillz said:

Based on all the links, speculation and twitter guff, i know have my 'list' of what i'd like to see and think is realistic

ST: Watkins

RW: Buendia

LW: Rashica

CM: McKennie

That probably about £80m give or take - so maybe there's a bonus buy in there which will come completely out of left-field. Either way, i'd be happy with the above for sure

The skills to pay the bills eh Gillz! 

13 minutes ago, rayk said:

Back to the rumoured meeting with Juve sporting director Fabio Paratici, I know others have mentioned Mattia Perin, but given we’ve been linked to big money deals for Ramsdale, Henderson, Cillessen, I’m surprised no one has mentioned Szczesny?

Unlikely I know but until we see the direction of travel with the first signing or two......you never know?

Meanwhile back on planet Earth....

Got a feeling you're going to be mighty disappointed come the end of the transfer window, if you're expecting us to sign the no. 1 goalkeeper of super-club Serie A champions (for the previous nine seasons) and perennial CL knock-out stagers. The old lady is still alive.

8 minutes ago, Gillz said:

Based on all the links, speculation and twitter guff, i know have my 'list' of what i'd like to see and think is realistic

That probably about £80m give or take - so maybe there's a bonus buy in there which will come completely out of left-field. Either way, i'd be happy with the above for sure

has buendia even been linked with us or just a realistic target that we all fancy?

8 minutes ago, Gillz said:

Not bad at all pal, I'd add a quality CB with the change myself.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The skills to pay the bills eh Gillz! 

I mean, i fully appreciate it is just a list of main 4 people we've been linked with. Not exactly ground-breaking.

I'm just incredibly bored.

59 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Of course. Although you have to wonder if this will affect Brentford's ability to bring in the type of player they have done in the past. The clubs whole transfer MO is 'stepping stone' and to act as a gateway to a 'bigger' club, offering a clear progression route. If Brentford start putting larger and larger fees (which is their right) above their players heads, some players may think better of joining. Maybe that was part of the thinking for Toney.

also clubs selling to Brentford may wise up and ask for heftier fees.....what goes around comes around.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gillz said:

I'd be happy with that, it would definitely improve us over last season. 

I'd still quite like Edouard though, but that's maybe unrealistic if we were to spend £80m on those four. 

14 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I wish we had Bielsa at the club so we could have already attracted some amazing players like Joe Gelhardt from Wigan and Cody Dramah from the Fulham academy.

Also the constant niggling worry that he'll walk out of the club at any point in September when it's not going his way would add to the excitement. 

Am I doing it right @villalad21??

Leeds crack me up. They’ve been humbled by Brighton over this Ben White deal. I truly believe they came up thinking, ‘this will be easy, everyone wants to play for Leeds’. 

By all accounts they’ve got a transfer budget in the region of 50m and I read somewhere they have to pay a team a shed load of money for Augustin on the basis they got promoted. 

They probably need 5/6 players and the reality of how much players cost at this level is finally hitting home. They’ll need to be extremely shrewd with the players they sign if they want to stay up next season. 

As things stand, they have 2/3 good players and a decent team spirit. Without home fans, it will be tough for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Leeds crack me up. They’ve been humbled by Brighton over this Ben White deal. I truly believe they came up thinking, ‘this will be easy, everyone wants to play for Leeds’. 

By all accounts they’ve got a transfer budget in the region of 50m and I read somewhere they have to pay a team a shed load of money for Augustin on the basis they got promoted. 

They probably need 5/6 players and the reality of how much players cost at this level is finally hitting home. They’ll need to be extremely shrewd with the players they sign if they want to stay up next season. 

As things stand, they have 2/3 good players and a decent team spirit. Without home fans, it will be tough for them. 

Agree with everything you've said. I live in Leeds and the bullish arrogance about their chances in the Prem and the wonders Bielsa will achieve is exhausting. The guy is a very good coach, not a magician. Augustin didn't start a game for them and Bielsa doesn't like him but they're likely going to have to cough up £18mil for him. However the longer the dispute goes on for, the less money Leipzig have which could help us get Rashica? So I'm happy they're fighting it.

They're in a much worse state than we are up front, have a weak defence without White and their goalkeeper is a living, breathing disaster zone. Going to be a tough season. 

• Like 1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-elabdellaoui-18806220.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Omar Elabdellaoui rejected the chance to join Aston Villa when he signed for Galatasaray this week, according to reports.

The former Manchester City full-back has been linked with Villa for several months going back to before the January transfer window.

Villa reportedly watched him in action in December when Olympiacos beat Red Star Belgrade in the Champions League.

Elabdellaoui's contract in Greece expired in the summer and he penned a three-year deal with Galatasaray earlier this week.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I think it leaves too much work in the middle to play 2 at one time.......one can switch flanks to gain advantage.....and Grealish can go wide on occasions.

unless we have top quality ones....they get underused and become passengers.

I just think that the level of player that we’ll be going for will be players who cost upwards of £20m but still aren’t completely proven at the level that we want to be at, despite being ‘better’ signings than what we got last year. Therefore I don’t think it’ll hurt to have rotation in there.

As an example, Rashica or someone like Dwight McNeil (Burnley) would both cost £30m+ each (probably £35-40m for McNeil), but you still wouldn’t be getting players that guarantee you 7/10 performances every week, so having rotation options that also allow Grealish to move centrally to alter our shape seems like a good idea to me.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Agree with everything you've said. I live in Leeds and the bullish arrogance about their chances in the Prem and the wonders Bielsa will achieve is exhausting. The guy is a very good coach, not a magician. Augustin didn't start a game for them and Bielsa doesn't like him but they're likely going to have to cough up £18mil for him. However the longer the dispute goes on for, the less money Leipzig have which could help us get Rashica? So I'm happy they're fighting it.

They're in a much worse state than we are up front, have a weak defence without White and their goalkeeper is a living, breathing disaster zone. Going to be a tough season. 

thing is we probably would have said similar about sheff utd. you sound like you know a lot more about their situation than me, but i dunno...i just have this feeling they're going to be around for a while considering how long it's taken them to finally be back in this league.

LOVE it if they went down though...up there with the most deluded of fanbases and this season is just going to be one great big leeds wankfest from the media

1 hour ago, Gillz said:

Love them all except Watkins. I'll be in the minority but I just don't see as it as much of an upgrade. Che Adams looked more dangerous in the Champ and he has scored once and that was an open goal. 

Maybe that's cause I don't want to be Brentfords little money tree and it's clouding some judgement.

• Like 1