January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, Awol said:

So Suso really is managing all transfers, that’s pretty astonishing. Also maybe why we’re not being linked with the likes of Bowen and Eze. Can’t see him trudging round Championship grounds.  

Very worrying if true. Managers should always have the most input on signings, or am I just showing my age.

• Like 1

Just now, meregreen said:

Don’t shoot the messenger. Just quoting a link I saw on News Now. Still think we should sign him 😉

i should of added no offence as not shooting the messenger....

it's just that Birmingham Live has to be one of if not the worst click baits going.

It's a far cry from the pre internet days when it was The Birmingham Mail...

• Like 3

Just now, meregreen said:

Very worrying if true. Managers should always have the most input on signings, or am I just showing my age.

How about if you don't have a manager, and you have a Head Coach instead?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Nope.

He was a very regular poster on here when he was younger, but once his career began to take off he, naturally, had to take a step back.

Thank you, I bet he would run through a brick wall, straight through a burning tree and Kelly Brook swinging naked on a villa love swing to wear our shirt and play in front of the holte end.

3 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Either way, the guy trying to build and coach a team should be the major say on any signings.

It doesn't mean he doesn't. It means he's not the one making phonecalls and doing the actual negotiating. I think that's pretty standard.

• Like 2

The seemingly endless ability some have to hear a comment, put - entirely - their own interpretation on it, then get bothered about that self same interpretation, never ceases to amaze me.

Maybe, just maybe, Smith has all the input into transfers that he, and the Club, want and need...🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I think that a manager should have input but to move away from the constant player churn you need an overall strategy that is controlled by someone else and remains consistent regardless of who the head coach is. You just then choose coaches to fit within your overall strategy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Maybe we can use this Chines death flu to get a panic loan of Yannic Carrasco :D 

League has been suspended indefinitely and I'm sure most players would be more than happy to get the h out of Dodge.

He'll have to take a massive wage drop of course...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/super-league/marktwerte/wettbewerb/CSL

All joking aside maybe they will look to loan players out and some quality names on the list. 

19 minutes ago, Awol said:

So Suso really is managing all transfers, that’s pretty astonishing. Also maybe why we’re not being linked with the likes of Bowen and Eze. Can’t see him trudging round Championship grounds.  

I think Dean's comments may just mean that the process of negotiating transfers once targets are identified is dealt with by Suso and Purslow.  I doubt it means he has no input into the identity of the players pursued.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Either way, the guy trying to build and coach a team should be the major say on any signings.

I'm sure he has his say. I'm pretty sure he's said as much. But that doesn't mean he's an "I'll control everything" type of MON manager.

This system seemed to work well enough at Brentford for him.

19 minutes ago, imavillan said:

i should of added no offence as not shooting the messenger....

it's just that Birmingham Live has to be one of if not the worst click baits going.

It's a far cry from the pre internet days when it was The Birmingham Mail...

In now ignore any headline they show.  Been burnt too many times now. 

They will earn no more click based advertising revenue from me. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, terrytini said:

The seemingly endless ability some have to hear a comment, put - entirely - their own interpretation on it, then get bothered about that self same interpretation, never ceases to amaze me.

Maybe, just maybe, Smith has all the input into transfers that he, and the Club, want and need...🙄

Nah it's far more likely that some random 15 year old kid using a fans forum knows what's going on and we should all be freaking out accordingly.........