January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Everyone banging on about Benrahma and Bowen, is it not at least a little bit telling that one plays for Hull and the other Brentford, both midtable (usually) Championship clubs?

I mean, you’d think they are the second coming the way some of you guys go on about it.

Benrahma really is that good, he's the Algerian Messi after all 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Everyone banging on about Benrahma and Bowen, is it not at least a little bit telling that one plays for Hull and the other Brentford, both midtable (usually) Championship clubs?

I mean, you’d think they are the second coming the way some of you guys go on about it.

I think they are both excellent players and would love either here

• Like 1

Has been hyped as a future star in Germany for years, but hasn't delivered on any of it yet and is now 25.  He's clearly a talented player who would be in the Wesley-mold, but has only scored 4 goals in his last 41 appearances...  

I think these are the key quotes from Smith today, and give the biggest indication as to the type of player that we're trying to sign

🧐 "We're after a calibre who can play at the top level, which is the Premier League. Ideally you'd love somebody who has experienced that before because there's less adaptation risk. We're now at the top table and you want players who can play at the top table." 🧐

Edited by useless

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Has been hyped as a future star in Germany for years, but hasn't delivered on any of it yet and is now 25.  He's clearly a talented player who would be in the Wesley-mold, but has only scored 4 goals in his last 41 appearances...  

So much better than Benteke 

51 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Jack was playing in the Championship last season and he was England's best midfielder then as he is now. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, useless said:

I think these are the key quotes from Smith today, and give the biggest indication as to the type of player that we're trying to sign

🧐 "We're after a calibre who can play at the top level, which is the Premier League. Ideally you'd love somebody who has experienced that before because there's less adaptation risk. We're now at the top table and you want players who can play at the top table." 🧐

This is also the reason why I think there will be no more incoming. We won’t sign anybody for the sake of it. 

Benramha is a quality Prem player playing in the Championship. I was unsure if he was going to be just as good after his injury last season. He probably has improved. I think he is currently NFS. I'd happily pay £20m for him. 

Others will probably disagree with me but I think Bowen is a solid signing for a yo yo team. 

If we are looking for Prem experience, I'm not holding my breath for someone better than El Ghazi.