January Transfers 2019/20

sne

55 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay cool, how come none of the top clubs are linked with him? 

Probably the same reason no clubs were linked to Jack this time last year. Price tag and unproven in the top flight. 

He’s effectively not for sale.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Everyone banging on about Benrahma and Bowen, is it not at least a little bit telling that one plays for Hull and the other Brentford, both midtable (usually) Championship clubs?

I mean, you’d think they are the second coming the way some of you guys go on about it.

Seem to remember Andy Robertson & Harry Maguire both being at hull (& both being signed by Bruce on the same day) and they didn't work out too badly....

Same goes for Snodgrass.

Bowen has 54 goals & 14 assists in 131 appearances for an average championship side. That is a far better goal tally than most out & out centre forwards even manage. He's only 23 too so will likely get even better (look hom much grealish has improved over the past 18 months) . If he is available it is almost stupid not to buy him regardless of who he/his dad may support

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We're happy to go with what we've got unless someone exceptional becomes available. Despite the injuries to Heaton, McGinn, and Wesley, we now have more choices than we did at the start of the season with the signings we've made and the return to fitness of Davis, and the emergence of Vassilev.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably the same reason no clubs were linked to Jack this time last year. Price tag and unproven in the top flight. 

He’s effectively not for sale.

But clubs had been linked to Jack, spurs thought they’d signed him in the previous summer.

Im not saying that Bowen and Benrahma aren’t decent players but I worry they’re not deemed to be as good as some believe.

Bowen in particular, it’s not like he’s some unheard of in a second rate league somewhere, he’s been in the first team at hull now for years, he’s not going under the radar.

Benrahma too, though has been in English football for less time I believe/assume but he’s hardly not known.

What do I know tho, naff all probably.

16 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Seem to remember Andy Robertson & Harry Maguire both being at hull (& both being signed by Bruce on the same day) and they didn't work out too badly....

Same goes for Snodgrass.

Bowen has 54 goals & 14 assists in 131 appearances for an average championship side. That is a far better goal tally than most out & out centre forwards even manage. He's only 23 too so will likely get even better (look hom much grealish has improved over the past 18 months) . If he is available it is almost stupid not to buy him regardless of who he/his dad may support

See my previous post, it’s not that they’re at those clubs specifically as such but rather, and in the case of Bowen in particular - he’s been there and in the first team now for a few years, Robertson and Maguire both moved on from hull within 2 or 3 years......maybe that correlates if Bowen leaves them any time soon.......I think I’d just expect a bit of a tussle over him if he was at the level some of you folk think he’s at, as opposed to joining Palace with seemingly little obstruction from anyone else.

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But clubs had been linked to Jack, spurs thought they’d signed him in the previous summer.

Im not saying that Bowen and Benrahma aren’t decent players but I worry they’re not deemed to be as good as some believe.

Bowen in particular, it’s not like he’s some unheard of in a second rate league somewhere, he’s been in the first team at hull now for years, he’s not going under the radar.

Benrahma too, though has been in English football for less time I believe/assume but he’s hardly not known.

I’ve always thought Benrahma looks class and I think he will go on to big things. Bowen I reckon will be become a decent mid to lower Premier League player. 

But tbf what do I know either! 

24 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why would the price put off the top clubs? £20M is nothing to them.

Suggest you look at each clubs record transfer, ours isnt much more than "nothing"

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

See my previous post, it’s not that they’re at those clubs specifically as such but rather, and in the case of Bowen in particular - he’s been there and in the first team now for a few years, Robertson and Maguire both moved on from hull within 2 or 3 years......maybe that correlates if Bowen leaves them any time soon.......I think I’d just expect a bit of a tussle over him if he was at the level some of you folk think he’s at, as opposed to joining Palace with seemingly little obstruction from anyone else.

Benramaha has been at Brentford for 18months. Lots of us wanted him in the summer after playing in England for 12 months. So in 18 months he has done well for himself. He is only 24 too 

Bowen is 23 to and gone through the Hull ranks. Quite profilic for his age... Doing better than last year so only now is being touted as a PL player. The top clubs in general prefer World class players... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I know what you mean, but the top 6 clubs are probably looking higher and can afford a more finished article. I know no more than you but I always feel we miss out on these sort of signings and then look on in envy and annoyance when they do well elsewhere. Bowen has been linked to Palace today, I’d probably be miffed if he went there, but that’s no guarantee he’d be a success  

I don’t think we’re getting left behind in the market at all. From a quick a skim through I think we’ve signed joint most players in the PL this Jan, and most of our rivals have only signed one or even no players.

Still a day left obv, but we aren’t being outdone or left behind.

List off all Jan Transfers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think we’re getting left behind in the market at all. From a quick a skim through I think we’ve signed joint most players in the PL this Jan, and most of our rivals have only signed one or even no players.

Still a day left obv, but we aren’t being outdone or left behind.

List off all Jan Transfers

Quality wise though I can see the argument 

• Like 1

no more brentford or belgium junk

if we must buy from the champ get the main man bowen. the more Villa fans in the team the better.  why do you think we sell out every week and O'Neill didn't it's cos the brummys are running the show on and off the pitch.

I'd still bring in both BEnteke and Sturridge. forget about old woy's mutterings  talk direct to floppy hair parish he'll be in the salon right about now.