January Transfers 2019/20

sne

12 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Giorgian de Arrascaeta would be an excellent acquisition, I wonder if we're looking at Brazil's Serie A for options? They are in off-season.

By the time you factor in work permits I think you need to do that sort of business in the summer just to drawn out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Be interesting to see how Piatek's career goes from here. At the start of the window, the reports were that Milan wanted to recoup most if not all of what they paid for him - interesting to see now that they're willing to take quite a big hit to get him out. 

Piatek wants out as he doesn't want to play 2nd string to Zlatan, on top of this Milan would need to sell in order to move for other players, so that's a factor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Glad someone has their thinking cap on

I genuinely don’t know. I suppose the transfer is subject to work permit. It could be risk free potentially as you either get the player or you don’t make the transfer. I really don’t know the contract law or the process surrounding a transfer. 

As an aside it is a market that I think is underused. It seemed that there used to be a South American wonder kid always moving to Europe, usually Serie A, in the last decade. This could still be happening but as I’m not as wired in to international football as I used to be, I don’t notice. If not, you’ve got to wonder why, especially in a modern football age where every competitive edge seems to be utilised. Perhaps this is due to WP complications and ‘homesickness’.

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I genuinely don’t know. I suppose the transfer is subject to work permit. It could be risk free potentially as you either get the player or you don’t make the transfer. I really don’t know the contract law or the process surrounding a transfer. 

As an aside it is a market that I think is underused. It seemed that there used to be a South American wonder kid always moving to Europe, usually Serie A, in the last decade. This could still be happening but as I’m not as wired in to international football as I used to be, I don’t notice. If not, you’ve got to wonder why, especially in a modern football age where every competitive edge seems to be utilised. Perhaps this is due to WP complications and ‘homesickness’.

Real Madrid are signing at least 1 Brazilian wonderkid per season.

Benfica and Shakhtar Donetskt also great at picking up these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

They are usually taken out of the continent and are playing in Europe from an early age. Football agencies are all over them.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Spain has a very different immigration system to the UK. 

Pretty much every country has a different take on it.

As Man City learned with Luiz it's a gamble here.

Edit: Did Joao Pedro get a WP to play with Watford or does he own one of these Italian or Portuguese passports?

Edited by sne

36 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Be interesting to see how Piatek's career goes from here. At the start of the window, the reports were that Milan wanted to recoup most if not all of what they paid for him - interesting to see now that they're willing to take quite a big hit to get him out. 

They invested heavily in a few players that they need to sell on to be able to continue the rebuild, Piatek, Suso and Paqueta cost a decent amount between them and they want as much of that back as possible. Ibra is a quick fix with Leao seen as long term forward.

• Like 1

Anyone know much about Richairo Zivkovic who has been linked with she’d Utd . Once highly rated wonder kid and FM legend a few years back ... Currently plays in China ... scrapping the barrel here for suggestions .

10 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Piatek wants out as he doesn't want to play 2nd string to Zlatan, on top of this Milan would need to sell in order to move for other players, so that's a factor.

He would have been a real marque signing for us a real statement of intent, I'm actually a bit pissed off about this one as I feel Villa are a bigger pull than HB. Just shows a lot of the paper talk is bollocks and we were probably never really in for him. 

16 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

The local club, SSD Cynthia, has a dude in a south america looking for players for them. They get about 400 fans in at home, it's shady as ****, loads of teams take a punt on kids that have literally **** all at home, take them thousands of miles away with the hope that maybe they can hit the jackpot and sell one to Ascoli in serie B or something. I have no idea how clubs like Cynthia survive apart from shady shit, money laundering, tax avoidance and whatnot. Like I say they get 400 fans at €8 a head every other week. For an away day in Sardegna they will have to fork out flights for the team and bench and support staff plus hotel , that's before even mentioning wages, zero chance they cover it all with gates and sponsorship. I met a guy who had been a scout for them who had been on the board, he was like something out of the soprano's, like a big fat caricature of an italo-american mafia dude. He chatted about making the mistake of mixing argentinian and brazilian lads in an apartment which resulted in regular violence! 

Aaaaanyway, the point is, there's a LOT of people trying to get a Brazilian wonderkid, at all levels and the speculation and exploitation of young kids who look like they might be decent at kicking a ball is mental. I think it looks like it works because of the sheer numbers of kids clubs are taking a punt on, statistically some of them will be good enough to make it but I don't know if it's better to look there than anywhere else to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

We should long term consider implementing the one competent plan of Xia’s I’ll fated reign and look to build either relationships with a club. Or we look to do what citeh have done and build an Aston Villa international club network long term. They part own Girona just so they can send players there like Douglas Luiz to gain experience and hopefully long term a WP. Something we should do IMO once we are established. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

He would have been a real marque signing for us a real statement of intent, I'm actually a bit pissed off about this one as I feel Villa are a bigger pull than HB. Just shows a lot of the paper talk is bollocks and we were probably never really in for him. 

The same journo's who said we were talking to Reina's people at Milanello reported there'd been a bid put in for him that met Milan's valuation.

Completely forgot the window closes tomorrow, that's come around quick. It's all still extremely quiet regarding any genuine links to us. 

Would be surprised and probably a bit disappointed if we don't manage to bring another forward in. 

Just now, romavillan said:

The same journo's who said we were talking to Reina's people at Milanello reported there'd been a bid put in for him that met Milan's valuation.

Means absolutely nothing though in reality! He was linked to Us, Spurs, West Ham and a few others never heard HB mentioned once and that's where he ends up. Of those mentioned any decent ambitious footballer would have opted for Spurs and Jose!

35 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Also, by going to Hertha Berlin, think how close he is to being home as well. May have played a part in his decision making. 

• Like 1

Confident we’ll make at least one signing tomorrow and I’m hoping for a surprise or two. Majority of deals are completed on the final day and even (beyond!) last minute... there’s always at least a couple transfers that are “pushed through” at the end and scrambling to get paperwork submitted....

I wonder what we have up our sleeve...

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Also, by going to Hertha Berlin, think how close he is to being home as well. May have played a part in his decision making. 

I thought that when I saw the deal was practically done.