January Transfers 2019/20

sne

8 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

In place of who? I mean I'm all for improvement of every position, just wondering who would be your first out?

Think Hause and Konsa combined would make a fantastic CB, as is now they are both flawed.

Konsa is solid on the ball but poor in the air, Hause is the other way round. Guess it depends on what attributes the CB we bring in has and what our opponents strengths are.

Edited by sne

Just now, rubberman said:

Any MORE business.  We've brought in more than any other club - Reina, Drinkwater, Samatta (and Barry).

People keep ignoring this. There's a bunch of big name clubs with a "striker crisis"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Think Hause and Konsa combined would make a fantastic CB, as is now they are bot flawed.

Konsa is solid on the ball but poor in the air, Hause is the other way round. Guess it depends on what attributes the CB we bring in has and what our opponents strengths are.

A 'bot' hybrid of both would be a serious centre half.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 1

The way I see it we've already signed the senior striker for the season now in the tanzanian lad. Davis is a rotation option as well. 

If we were to sign another striker, it will most likely be a cheap senior punt as a short term soluton, i.e. Drinkwater. OR a young player that can be an option even if we were relegated. 

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly signed someone we've never been linked with. 

And if the Jota or Chester rumours are true, there's a snowballs chance in hell we won't sign replacements. Anything else would be mental. 

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. The back 3 are doing a brilliant job and the results speak for themselves since the 343 switch. City we played 532 and no Nakamba and Hourihane and Drinkwater was a huge mistake but I can forgive Drinkwater inclusion with long term in mind

Sure, but would you continue with El Ghazi as striker or would you play Samatta?

Always room for improvement. Both Hause and Konsa are young so absolutely room for improvement. But I think next season IF we stay up we will have added another CB in the starting 11.

If it's the time or if it's possible this week is doubtful thou. Kinda feel that if Domagoj Vida was happening it would have happened already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Sure, but would you continue with El Ghazi as striker or would you play Samatta?

Always room for improvement. Both Hause and Konsa are young so absolutely room for improvement. But I think next season IF we stay up we will have added another CB in the starting 11.

If it's the time or if it's possible this week is doubtful thou. Kinda feel that if Domagoj Vida was happening it would have happened already.

I thought you were talking about CB stepping into 11. Vida rumour seems a load of junk. I wouldn't change back 3. Hause not great passing % but 72% isn't terrible for a defender doing clearances. Hause 1st in PL 6.6 per game. Also most attempted passes per game in Villa squad 51.6 per game. Plus best % winner of aerials in PL for players with +50 won. 

He's disrespected for passing ability but he's first or second in some major defending metrics but I know a lot of people don't care about that, eye test, mistake prone blah blah blah. People loved Elphick and he was proper shit on every measure but people thought he was a good bloke??? I don't get it

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought you were talking about CB stepping into 11. Vida rumour seems a load of junk. I wouldn't change back 3. Hause not great passing % but 72% isn't terrible for a defender doing clearances. Hause 1st in PL 6.6 per game. Also most attempted passes per game in Villa squad 51.6 per game. Plus best % winner of aerials in PL for players with +50 won. 

He's disrespected for passing ability but he's first or second in some major defending metrics but I know a lot of people don't care about that, eye test, mistake prone blah blah blah. People loved Elphick and he was proper shit on every measure but people thought he was a good bloke??? I don't get it

Yeah I don't want us to sign Elphick either.

3 minutes ago, TeeBee said:

Chester will definitely be leaving to chase first team football ahead of the euro's in the summer. Unsure if he will be replaced.

Not bothered. Ridiculously overrated. Scores headed goals and that makes up for defensive howlers in Championship for many

Edited by Kiwivillan

On 09/01/2020 at 21:39, thunderball said:

As I said before I am only sharing what's out there, there's not much else out there tonight. Even if it was true it might all fall down. Relax. I am not believing any of it just sharing it on here.

FWIW Ty Bracey has connections with players at the club, he has over 65K followers, Tom Julian, Gregg Evans, Matt McKendrick, Johnny Gould, Max Stokes, Dan Robinson, Villa Analytics, Matt Lynch and a load of Bloggers all follow him. He may be guessing too but he would know better than me.

I knew Kodjia was on his way out from when Smith had said Kodjia was "ill", Nottingham Forest were interested, But I do not have connections to players at the club, I have friends that do, not me personally.

Edited by TeeBee
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeeBee said:

I knew Kodjia was on his way out from when Smith had said Kodjia was "ill", Nottingham Forest were interested, But I do not have connections to players at the club, I have friends that do, not me personally.

Any info on incomings? 

I love the new board. No more ridiculous sentimentality like letting Gabby steal a living for his last 8 seasons (1 goal a season last 3. Max of 9 in 8 seasons) Hopefully no BS recalls for crocked Benteke or such nonsense. No rubbish long term contracts for "PL experienced" dinosaurs. Good times ahead

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The bottom line is we need another striker. Two isn't enough, even with only about 15 games left. 

Not with our options, Davis isn't a goalscorer and I frankly have no idea about Samatta, wasn't a great debut by any stretch of the imagination and appears to need time to get up to speed given he hadn't played since boxing day.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not with our options, Davies isn't a goalscorer and I frankly have no idea about Samatta, wasn't a great debut by any stretch of the imagination and appears to need time to get up to speed given he hadn't played since boxing day.

I thought Samatta was pretty good to be honest, but I agree with you that it isn't enough. As we know, Davis has a poor record with injuries as well. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I thought Samatta was pretty good to be honest, but I agree with you that it isn't enough. As we know, Davis has a poor record with injuries as well. 

For me he wasn't bad but also wasn't good. Fluffed a really good chance in the first half and should have scored in the second. What I did see is decent movement, got into good positions for his chances which was great and a couple of moments of nice one touch play. But he certainly has a way to go for fitness given he pretty much broke down after 60 odd mins and based on his performance there's some question marks about his finishing. 

I think the point is regardless he could take a while to get going and we really do need someone to just come in a score goals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Looks silly without context that you've removed

I don't think the context makes any difference at all. Why would RandomCollectionOfLettersAndNumbers819 be any more ITK about 'Beaurigeaud CM from Rennes' than any other ITK?

Anyway, not trying to start a fight, I just think there's a pretty obvious contrast between not believing what ITKs say, and then discussing what an ITK said as if it's real.