January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Samatta isn’t enough, we probably need two wingers as well. God, our recruitment has been so, so bad. 

That's another where you look at how we're limited by funds 

In the summer a lot of us wanted bowen and Lolley, 2 championship players who are not sure fire hits either and would have cost maybe £20m each? Instead we got these 2 for £18m 

We just need to stay up and then replace them with better but for the time being with what we had to do they're as good as we could get 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah really wouldn't mind a quality winger to go with Samatta and another attacker.

Trez and El Ghazi are squad player level but not quite good enough.

Yeah we need a winger/IF and another striker, badly....

None of this "we have enough" nonsense that was said at the beginning of the season when we had wesley and deano said we had enough depth up front and out wide.

We clearly dont.

• Like 1

2 more decent players would guarantee safety imo. 

If we have the funds available for one big purchase it would still be Bowen for me. 

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

2 more decent players would guarantee safety imo. 

If we have the funds available for one big purchase it would still be Bowen for me. 

I'd be satisfied with Bowen and the Iranian player or even Benteke on loan.

10 days until the next match.

I think it's safe to say Samatta will be starting.

Wonder if we'll have anyone else in. A right sided attacker who can have a bash up front would just be lovely.

Funnily enough Bertrand Traore who would fill that gap is being linked to Bournemouth. I would very much like it if he stays in France unless he's coming to play for Villa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

We need to go all out for Giroud. Play him up front with Samatta with Grealish playing off them. That would keep us up.

Giroud has no interest in playing outside of London or Milan if we're being serious. Dean doesn't play 2 up top and with Samatta what we're playing now will work. We're more likely looking for an AM striker hybrid as backup that can play in front 3

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

10 days until the next match.

I think it's safe to say Samatta will be starting.

Wonder if we'll have anyone else in. A right sided attacker who can have a bash up front would just be lovely.

Funnily enough Bertrand Traore who would fill that gap is being linked to Bournemouth. I would very much like it if he stays in France unless he's coming to play for Villa.

Only 6 days until the Leicester game though... will be very interesting in the side we put out. I assume Samatta for the home debut?

Edited by alreadyexists

There's always positions you'd like to see more players. I'd personally love someone like N'Zonzi in along with another wide player, but the priority above all else still has to be a striker. We're currently a training ground injury to Samatta away from being completely devoid up front again. Plus there's no guarantee he will hit the ground running so we have to maximise our options in that position above all others currently.

Edited by RichiBoi11