January Transfers 2019/20

sne

57 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Next step is to sign an extraterrestrial player just in case there is life out there somewhere in the galaxy. Imagine the potential support we could have 👽 👽 👽

Well we already have Jack Grealish and he’s out of this world

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

That Taremi guy looks like a Sunday league player to me. We need someone with PL experience or someone from the Championship who isn't new to the country.  

I don’t think there is any good PL player available now. Well, Benteke, but thats it. I don’t think there is a proven championship player without being overpriced (the likes of Brentford won’t even sell at all). 

Glad that we had Samatta, next one should be easier and without much of stress.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think there is any good PL player available now. Well, Benteke, but thats it.

Not available according to Woy and demonstrably not good for several seasons. Getting decent "PL experienced" players from another PL team in January in our current position is virtually impossible that's true

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Messi has the same problem.

8 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Yes, absolutely. We should have had all the details with HMRC to hammer out and get all the relevant paperwork sorted well before the club had agreed to let us talk to the player and the player had agreed to come to us. I'm sure they would have been happy to receive speculative paperwork.

In fact we should have paperwork submitted for every player that might be on our radar, just in case.

Just cannot understand why we didnt do this. Baffling.

8 hours ago, av1 said:

All this incompetence nonsense is ridiculous, does anyone really believe there is a single person at the club that wouldn't have preferred signings through the door on the 1st of January?

'But we knew we've needed astriker for months'  - yes and spurs have known for 3yrs they needed back up for Kane. It's not that simple.

It’s easy to be sarcastic but we knew we needed attacking opitions before Wes got injured, we should have had these sort of moves lined up. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy with the signing but feel we’ve dragged our heals in this window given the necessity for reinforcements. 

I hope I’m wrong but we may look back on these 3 fixtures and think if only we’d had a striker

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

I hope I’m wrong but we may look back on these 3 fixtures and think if only we’d had a striker

Man City? Brighton was a good result. BS decisions like crossed out Palace goal and Sokratis handball ignored are the things that will cost us 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Not available according to Woy and demonstrably not good for several seasons. Getting decent "PL experienced" players from another PL team in January in our current position is virtually impossible that's true

I can’t believe what Woy is saying. I think he’s trying to play a hard ball and not give up easily. I won’t be surprised to see him going out on loan coming February. I think Palace knows that the only possible takers for him in the PL are us. No one else will take the risk.

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I can’t believe what Woy is saying. I think he’s trying to play a hard ball and not give up easily. I won’t be surprised to see him going out on loan coming February. I think Palace knows that the only possible takers for him in the PL are us. No one else will take the risk.

I can't imagine why

8 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

If I was religious I'd pray that isn't true!

• Like 1

Surely Woy can see that insisting on only releasing Benteke for an actual sale not a loan doesn't exactly say a lot about the player & if anything devalues him further? It's like some dodgy salesman trying to force the money out of you before he lets you see the goods. "Avoid" would be my reaction.

14 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

Apparently permanent deal only for CB  - £10m - but that would mean he would have to take a pay cut. - from £120k 

Is he still on 120k?

Will they stick on that amount even when the deadline day comes?

29 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I wouldn't mind him if we didn't have another choice. We're short in terms of a striker. A loan won't be the worst thing we'd do.

He was on 120k per week. 3 times our highest advertised paid players Kodjia Lansbury. He's signed an extension until June 2021 assuming on less maybe 80k per week. Still garbage money for 4 league goals in 62 appearances and injured yet again. People want to avoid relegation yet make donkey signings like this? It beggars belief

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He was on 120k per week. 3 times our highest advertised paid players Kodjia Lansbury. He's signed an extension until June 2021 assuming on less maybe 80k per week. Still garbage money for 4 league goals in 62 appearances and injured yet again. People want to avoid relegation yet make donkey signings like this? It beggars belief

Have we signed him?

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

The total lack of any player value when we need to part ways is something that has utterly destroyed us.  We have pissed away so much money on worthless players for many years. We've been utterly disfunctional for so long. 

Yes, but very much the exception over the last few years. 

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

The total lack of any player value when we need to part ways is something that has utterly destroyed us.  We have pissed away so much money on worthless players for many years. We've been utterly disfunctional for so long. 

That is obviously something the club has consciously tried to change with their summer recruitment policy, buying ‘potential’ rather than the finished article. 

It does make for a nervous time whilst they develop though.