January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

Would love Bowen. Not one of our wingers has EVER had Bowen's scoring record. He will be good for 10 a season in the prem I'm sure. Not only that but he works hard and has a bit of pace (not rapid though) can pick a pass, can dribble. With him and Trezguet wide, their work rate would give the fullbacks decent protection and our attack good movement. This would allow us to move Grealish back to the middle as long as he is in front of 2 sitting midfielders. Reverting back to a 4-2-3-1.

Not sure our CB's are reliable enough right now to go 4 at the back. We struggle for clean sheets with 3. 

It’s just a hunch really but I think Villa are definitely in for Bowen as he could play anywhere across the front 3 and has more goals in him than Villa’s current wingers.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Giroud has no interest in playing outside of London or Milan if we're being serious. Dean doesn't play 2 up top and with Samatta what we're playing now will work. We're more likely looking for an AM striker hybrid as backup that can play in front 3

Well, if Giroud wants to make the France squad for the summer he may have to take what he can get. I just think having the option to change things up would be nice. Just having Samatta pretty much leaves us with just a plan A. Different games call for different styles. At times in the last 2 games it was so obvious we needed someone to make it stick up front. Imaging being 1 goal up with 10 minutes to go and being able to bring on Giroud just to hold the ball up for us. Could be absolutely invaluable.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Still really hope we make a move for Jarrod Bowen. His goal-scoring record is so good I'm sure he would cause problems in the PL.

I think it would be something that we'd regret if we didn't sign him.

Yes, I think he's quality and will be the next player from the Championship to step up and become a star in the Prem. Just hope it is with us.

Look at his record. That is outrageous for a wide player.

Capture.PNG.b37a57a447f65888b0a046960c38ff95.PNG

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3

Albrighton & Nzonzi on loan?

I wonder who the CF signing will be... Giroud still possible? (PIATEK!!! 😆)

Really hope we can bring at least another 3 players in to give us a major boost! After last night’s result we can really kick on and turn the season around!

UTV

Edited by Jas10

15 minutes ago, striker said:

It’s just a hunch really but I think Villa are definitely in for Bowen as he could play anywhere across the front 3 and has more goals in him than Villa’s current wingers.

I think we'd be interested in Bowen in the summer, not now, and not at the money he's being touted for.

• Like 1

I don't think we need our wide players to be the most creative, as long as Grealish is in an advanced midfield position and we get good crosses coming from our fullbacks. For me our movement between the lines and getting bodies in the box is more of an issue.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Well, if Giroud wants to make the France squad for the summer he may have to take what he can get. I just think having the option to change things up would be nice. Just having Samatta pretty much leaves us with just a plan A. Different games call for different styles. At times in the last 2 games it was so obvious we needed someone to make it stick up front. Imaging being 1 goal up with 10 minutes to go and being able to bring on Giroud just to hold the ball up for us. Could be absolutely invaluable.

We have Davis coming back, and as a focal point he is a beast. I think a loan signing is preferable, but Giroud wouldn't be a loan, on the flip side it would be a cheap transfer fee, but the 100 grand a week wages is a massive stumbling block. I think a wide man is still a priority too.

If Smith is right in saying he wants a striker with Prem experience I can only think of Benteke on loan at the end of the window when Palace have no other choice.

I'm pretty sure we ARE in for Bowen, again late in the window I would think. A holding mid is vital too. I'd love Nzonzi but apparantly has family in London and would prefer Wet Spam

We'll see

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

If Smith is right in saying he wants a striker with Prem experience I can only think of Benteke on loan at the end of the window when Palace have no other choice.

I'm pretty sure we ARE in for Bowen, again late in the window I would think. A holding mid is vital too. I'd love Nzonzi but apparantly has family in London and would prefer Wet Spam

We'll see

Any reason for thinking this or just your gut feeling?

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

We have Davis coming back, and as a focal point he is a beast. I think a loan signing is preferable, but Giroud wouldn't be a loan, on the flip side it would be a cheap transfer fee, but the 100 grand a week wages is a massive stumbling block. I think a wide man is still a priority too.

Giroud won't come to us  He'll go to Inter eventually

• Like 1

I've been quite surprised about Bowen. Right at the start of the window, he was being asked about moving here, and he discussed in an interview about how he had been linked here, and how it wasn't him that was a fan but his dad, and it all seemed like the sort of comment that added up to a bit more than mere speculation. However, in the end nothing has come of it, I guess because Hull still fancy their playoff chances and know they would have no chance without him. 

It's a shame though, I think he's exactly what we need. 

I think Jarrod Bowen will leave Hull but it will go down to the last day of the window. I can't imagine Hull sniffing at a possible £15-£20million only for Bowen to leave in the summer.  With no guarantee of making it into the premier league, i reckon they'd sell this January.  Really hope we are in for him, could be the missing link

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Yes, I think he's quality and will be the next player from the Championship to step up and become a star in the Prem. Just hope it is with us.

Look at his record. That is outrageous for a wide player.

Capture.PNG.b37a57a447f65888b0a046960c38ff95.PNG

Those stats show him improving every season.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I think Chester & Taylor are out of contract and very likely released. Kalinic will hopefully stay at Toulouse and we might even get a couple million for him. Steer might also leave, but then I don’t see Reina being kept on next season either, too much money and two No1s won’t work. It’s Heaton or Reina for me, not both. I should add that I like Reina and love the speed and quality of his distribution. If only we could find a younger version of Reina! Due to wages I can only see Lansbury leaving if we grant a free transfer, which we might well do to free up squad places. 

If we stay up I’d imagine we’d look to buy 2-3 players that would be starting 11 types, upgrades to what we currently have in the starting 11. As yet neither  of ElGhazi or Trézéguet has shown they are good/consistent enough, ElGhazi being the better of the two. I still like ElGhazi and hope he finds the consistency required at this level. 

As per other posters Taylor still has another year on his contract, but otherwise I agree with nearly all of this. I don't think we'll keep Reina either, as Heaton will be back early next season. I would imagine Smith would trust Steer to get us through the first few matches if Heaton isn't quite fit. 

• Like 1